Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 59 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 58 59
M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
They are 6, 4, 3, 1. I think that I could drop them off at his parent's house for them to visit. He can't pick them up because we only have one vehicle big enough for all of them and I have it. I don't want him taking MY KIDS to go see her anyway.

Married 1/2000.
D-Day 3/7/11. WH moved in with OW and they married in 2013.
Single mom of 4.

M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
That is doubtful. If she did he wouldn't be hanging out with you. And you have something she doesn't: a HISTORY and his kids. She will never be able to compete in that regard. And just ask yourself what kind of a skank does a married man? A real low down, selfish loser. Not the kind of person who is a giver. She is a taker. And a taker will RESENT being asked to meet all his needs.

Actually she sounds like this needy emotionally unhealthy girl who makes him feel good about himself. Really good.

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Okay I've been reading around and I have a question. Is Plan B effective at all? How high is the failure rate? The affair has only been since December, emotional at first and physical, as best I can tell, less than a month. I guess if it goes to divorce, I'd like to be the one to file and get the upper hand to take care of the kids. Just trying to figure out my risks. I sure hope it doesn't come to that.... we have 4 kids that need their daddy.... and I am a stay at home mom and this decision could change our whole life. I am so sad that he won't make the decision with his head that is right because he thinks he "loves" her.

Also I might have to move quickly to divorce because I am fully financially dependent on him. I suppose I would known within the week if he is taking themoney from me. frown

Last edited by mehr; 03/14/11 09:17 PM.

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

S
S
Can't answer your questions specifically bc am not vet like MB or Mel but can say that you have no choice but to fight. You CAN do it. I believe in you. Yours is the cause of right and might. Your H is NOT in his right mind. Not. It's simple. As much as he spews, NONE of it is true. None. Do not let him fool you. OW wants a man to replace her STBXH. Your H. And she cannot replace you. Your are the mother of his 4 young children. You are by far superior to the OW. He is not in his right mind. THAT will become apparent with time and with you taking action. I'm confident for you. Call me crazy. I'm some random dude on a forum. But we are all here for one another, anonymously or not. smile

S
S
And I'm dealing with SAHM of 5 children who has had 2 A's in 2 years. She has talked lotsa BS about being done. Done? The script is always the same more or less. Don't be fooled.

M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Ok.... I have made a battle plan... still wondering about plan B. But, for plan A.... the plan is this. When we leave for our trip on Friday at midnight I will be asking him to shut off his cell phone (and let me put it in my bag) and have a family weekend with us just and not her. If he committs to this, then Operation Reveal starts Friday at midnight. Let her deal with the chaos or revelation for 3 days before he returns, hopefully unsuspecting and having had a great time with his wife. Then he will be mad, but hopefully the revelation will already have done much "killing" in the heart of the OW.

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

E
E
There is a huge question to answer here and I'd like other vets here to help on this one too.

Should Mehr expose during the vacation or after?

My opinion on this Mehr, is to wait and plan A your butt off on the getaway with DH. Look your best, smell your best, have cute clothes and undies, etc. Court him like you did when you were dating and if the kids are with you, have one night and have an arranged babysitter.

I'd be playful and get him to turn the phone off.

When you return, after an amazing plan A weekend, and a wonderful time, send him back to where he came from and then expose! Let him have to deal with her during that time. Or else my other idea, is to expose and go immediately upon exposure after this weekend, into a dark plan B.

My thoughts are, possibly let them implode upon each other with a huuge, gargantuan, nuclear explosion of truth! You send him the plan B letter too, which is in fact, a love letter telling him how you want to have a better marriage than before, for you two to fall deeply into love again, but that as long as he's in this affair, it is not something you can continue to deal with as it's too painful.

I think a cake eater like your WH will lose his marbles if you did that, after the most loving and amazing weekend in the world.

You always do an amazing and wonderful plan A, and follow up with a dark, dark plan B.

What are the thoughts of some others here?

Should she (sorry to jack your thread, but asking for thoughts)expose during the weekend? Or should she wait and expose after the weekend? Or should she wait until after the romantic family weekend and do a simultaneous nuclear exposure and go into a very dark plan B? Penny for your thoughts.

I think you supply a good deal of his EN's yet still. And he may very well have a great amount of attraction for you too. Play on his top EN's this weekend and look amazing! Cook his favorite foods, or go to favorite restaurants. Make amazing memories...memories he CANNOT ever give up. Make it so darn hard for him to want to carry on an affair when you go into a dark plan B.

Make him wanting YOUR cake and yours only. You can do it. And while you're doing this, you're throwing water on the green, ugly beotch, melting her and her evil OW plans!

Btw, you're doing great! Good in sticking to the MB plans. However each unique situation deserves a little bit of introspection and wisdom. The folks here are absolutely amazing!

My M didn't make it, but my x is a serial cheater, and divorcing the ow/wistress/wifey now. I however, am happy beyond belief, have full custody of my child, and used my MB skillz to strengthen my M to my husband (we married end of July, 2010)and he to I! MB is the plan and way to live!

Hugs to you..you can do it! and get a big pail of water ready to throw on the OW and watch her melt!

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
My thought was being that if I exposed right when we left, she would have 3 days to deal with the drama on her own, and when people asked about this situation, she would have to say that he is with his wife and children for the weekend (hmmmm not such a dead marriage, eh?). I know he has told her it is with the wife and children, but the truth is, I got a babysitter for 3 kids... I am only bringing my nursing 1 year old, and I have a babysitter for him too so we can go out on dates while there, I just can't be away from him for 3 days. It would also make me slightly giddy, giving me an easier time doing Plan A at all, knowing that she's at home dealing with drama, like a secret I have from DH ...

I also would like to see what a Plan B letter might look like. I think if I expose this way I would want to give him the Plan B letter when he is leaving my house to go to her house after the trip.

Last edited by mehr; 03/15/11 08:01 AM.

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

M
M
mehr, I would not do it like that, because your plan depends entirely on one thing: him not talking on his phone. He will talk on his phone and when that happens your weekend is going to blow up and you will have lost an opportunity to leave a really good taste in his mouth.

Better to make the very best of this weekend, and then come back and blow things up when they are together. You want them to be together when you do this so your H sees the meltdown.

If you do it like this, his last memory of you will be wonderful when he has to deal with her meltdown. She will be going nuts. grin You want him to be there when that happens.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Actually she sounds like this needy emotionally unhealthy girl who makes him feel good about himself. Really good.
This is good. Needy, emotionally unhealthy girls are not attractive in the long haul. Couple that with her inability to meet all of his needs and whammo - dead A. Coupled with exposure, of course. That's what will put the stake through the heart of this. wink

Last edited by maritalbliss; 03/15/11 09:00 AM.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
Originally Posted by mehr
I also would like to see what a Plan B letter might look like. I think if I expose this way I would want to give him the Plan B letter when he is leaving my house to go to her house after the trip.

Do you have the book Surviving an Affair? I would get that today and read through it so you understand what you are dealing with.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
My thought was being that if I exposed right when we left, she would have 3 days to deal with the drama on her own, and when people asked about this situation
I'd say to let this blow up in their faces simultaneously after your weekend together. If he's not around she'll be forced to do damage control on her own, and then she can let him know the story she spun. She'll have too much time to settle things down before you get back. You want them both scrambling for cover at the same time.

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Ok. It waits. It will be harder to do Plan A. frown He "loves" her and they are so well suited, supposedly.... barf... it is really hard not to act frantic and pleading the whole time.

Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Do you have the book Surviving an Affair? I would get that today and read through it so you understand what you are dealing with.

Yes it is coming in the mail.... maybe today, maybe tomorrow?

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

J
J
Mehr,
I heard all that crap as well, that the OW was his soulmate thing and how happy she made him, that story changed a whole lot when the secret affair was out in the open and everyone else knew including his children.......
Let the exposure happen, let it happen hard and as intense as you can do it. Fantasy hits reality...........don't help him, he will be mad, the madder the better.....that way you know it has worked.....
If he doens't stop, PLan B, don't talk to him, let him feel what his life will be without you and your family...........It works and works fast when that reality hits him, it's tough to do, but stay focused on the future not the pain you will feel today. Let that strength enpower you, you have a history that is stronger than you think..............rely on that strengh even if it takes a bit for him to realize what he is actually doing..........

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
M
M
Ok. It waits. It will be harder to do Plan A. He "loves" her and they are so well suited, supposedly.... barf... it is really hard not to act frantic and pleading the whole time.
Oh, well, just puke
mehr, these little protestations of love mean nothing. Try not to remind him of the things he's saying when the two of you are in recovery, so as to not embarrass him too much.

Wacky waywards... sigh

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by jessitaylor
Mehr,
I heard all that crap as well, that the OW was his soulmate thing and how happy she made him, that story changed a whole lot when the secret affair was out in the open and everyone else knew including his children.......
Let the exposure happen, let it happen hard and as intense as you can do it. Fantasy hits reality...........don't help him, he will be mad, the madder the better.....that way you know it has worked.....
If he doens't stop, PLan B, don't talk to him, let him feel what his life will be without you and your family...........It works and works fast when that reality hits him, it's tough to do, but stay focused on the future not the pain you will feel today. Let that strength enpower you, you have a history that is stronger than you think..............rely on that strengh even if it takes a bit for him to realize what he is actually doing..........

I wish I had been reading here to start, when I found out, because I revealed to his family right away. So he's just avoided them. I was hopeful that would end it.... I wish i could have exposed all at once, now I fear "what is left" won't be enough of a tsunami.

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

M
M
mehr, sorry if I missed this: how long have you been married? How old are your kids?

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
We have been married 11 years and have 4 kids under 7.

I really want to do the right thing here. I get exposing to her people. But who else? Do I find anyone who works where they work? It is a VERY big company, and I am finding people who have listed that as their workplace but I can't be sure they even know who my WH and OW are. I am also not sure about sending the letter to corporate since it could be slander. I really need a lawyer to call me back...

If I expose to his work place my in laws will never forgive me. My FIL works there too. It might also be biting the hand that feeds me if he loses his job...

Oh! And also, how do I decide who to expose to in his world? The form letter about her doesn't work in his world.

I am just doing my research.

Last edited by mehr; 03/15/11 12:26 PM.

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

R
R
Why doesn't the form letter work in his world?

Thanks for all the support along the way.
I wish you all well. I'm outta here.
Peace.
M
M
If I expose to his work place my in laws will never forgive me.

Shouldn't they be wondering if you will ever forgive their cheating offspring, instead?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
Page 5 of 59 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 58 59

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 611 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation