Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
pdc Offline
P
eol,

I respectfully suggest you take the actions suggested above. Your being proactive in this will help to calm you.

M
M
I would also not tolerate any affair conversations in your home. If you catch her communicating, I would interrupt that conversation and tell her to take it out of your home. It is extremely disrespectful to you and your child.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Is this OM married?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by SusieQ
Is this OM married?

No, never married, no kids.

S
S
You have verified this independently? Meaning this isn't information you received thru your WW, right?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
E
OP Offline
E
He's definitely not married. No kids. He's connected to my WW's sport group.

E
OP Offline
E
As fate would have it, my WW ended up staying with her girlfriend until after 11 last night, consoling her because of her own marital troubles. The friend is also on the receiving end of an adulterous spouse.

It's an interesting dynamic, because neither my WW's best friend nor mother would offer my WW any support for her EA behavior, since they are both victims of infidelity.

I have independent confirmation that's where she was. Plus the OM is out of town at the moment.

So, there was no opportunity to to confront her with her emails arranging to be called by him when I'm not home. Damn, that one hurts.

And in the morning, our child was up, and I won't do this when he's at home and awake.

Is the consensus to not do this? To wait and gather more evidence? That feels wrong to me, but my instincts suck.

She also spent the afternoon sending me messages to arrange fun time together, and inviting me to join her friends for drinks. She hasn't doone that in a year.

L
L
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Lay down the law tonight and DEMAND she end the affair, endofline. If not, then she needs to make arrangements to move out.

endofline - I'm a victim of an emotional affair who found this site at a time when I thought it was possible to save my marriage. I didn't - I've started a thread in Divorcing/Divorced.
I won't TJ (thread-jack) by telling my whole story, but I will give you this piece of advice - FIGHT LIKE HELL TO SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE and do this by taking advice such as that quoted above. Don't mess around with this - make the demand that she end the relationship and end contact with this other guy NOW. That includes texting, calls, Facebook, etc. He is attacking your marriage - he is attacking your family. This is war, my friend. Get a keylogger. Get a VAR. Do whatever it takes but fight as hard as you can and listen to the advice you're getting here.

My marriage is ending, but I know deep down inside that I did everything to save it. You need to do the same.

God Bless and good luck

Me: BH 60 - Married 21 years
ExW had an EA beginning 09/09 (Facebook)
After a few false recoveries, I filed for D 05/11
D final 03/12

'Be Mindful of Your Many Blessings and Endeavor Daily to be Worthy of Them'
Jay Severin

'Life is a gift and it offers each of us the privilege, the opportunity and the responsibility to give something back by becoming something more'
Tony Robbins
Linus #2497505 04/13/11 04:17 PM
K
K
It's up to you if you want to save your marriage or not, but you have a child together and that, in my books, is worth fighting for. Even if down the road you decide it's not salvagable or worth it, you might want to consider going for custody...and in that event, all of the ammunition you have will be of help to you. So PLEASE think with a clear head, keep cool, and listen to what MelodyLane tells you, she's helped so many here, take the steps she directs you to take. Meanwhile, YOU keep the power by remaining cool and collected, calm, no LB, no DJ, there is time enough for a battle later on, right now state to her that OM is a dealbreaker with consequences, and protect your child from all this mess. Gather information, gather, gather, gather! That can aid you should you need it later on. And you might want to start thinking about exposure once you've collected evidence...but get the goods first.

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
KayC #2497541 04/13/11 05:23 PM
V
V
If she's using the home phone you can easily record all the calls. Go to Radio Shack and get a phone recording adapter. This will convert the phone line into a microphone plug. Get a digital , voice activated recorder. Plug the phone adapter into the recorder and you will have all of their conversations recorded.

pdc #2497565 04/13/11 06:24 PM
S
S
eol,

Listen to the advice. Do NOT leave your house. The fact is that you have the upper hand right now, because you KNOW she is lying to you, and she has no clue that you know about the lies.

That puts you in the position to build up a very strong Plan A. Read up on that, and also look for the thread "Carrot and Stick of Plan A".

You deal out very good Plan A stuff when you see glimpses of your true wife. When the wayward wife shows herself, then you deal out the "stick" of Plan A.

Plan A works to show you at your best.

Meanwhile, you look at what she is doing - you continue to spy and gather evidence.

You tell her that you do NOT want the OM in the marriage, that you do NOT talk about divorce, and that you refuse to give up on recovering the marriage from the insult and betrayal this man means to your marriage. Period. Do NOT back down on it.

Keep repeating things to her like, "I want our marriage to work, and for that to happen the OM must no longer be in the picture"

"I want our marriage to work, and you must stop contact with him"

Then CHANGE THE SUBJECT, for example, "I completely refuse to accept your relationship wtih the OM. Do you want some coffee, I made some fresh."

State your position, then change the subject. Do not engage in negotiating anything with her until she stops contact with the other man. Stand your ground.

SB

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
L
L
Originally Posted by schoolbus
State your position, then change the subject. Do not engage in negotiating anything with her until she stops contact with the other man. Stand your ground.

SB

This is soooo critical. Please listen to this advice. Contact of any kind must stop. The OM must be out of the picture or your efforts will fail. Believe me.

Me: BH 60 - Married 21 years
ExW had an EA beginning 09/09 (Facebook)
After a few false recoveries, I filed for D 05/11
D final 03/12

'Be Mindful of Your Many Blessings and Endeavor Daily to be Worthy of Them'
Jay Severin

'Life is a gift and it offers each of us the privilege, the opportunity and the responsibility to give something back by becoming something more'
Tony Robbins
Linus #2497630 04/13/11 09:15 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Keep repeating things to her like, "I want our marriage to work, and for that to happen the OM must no longer be in the picture"

"I want our marriage to work, and you must stop contact with him"

Then CHANGE THE SUBJECT, for example, "I completely refuse to accept your relationship wtih the OM. Do you want some coffee, I made some fresh."

That sounds like fantastic advice. If anything, it's the exact opposite of what I always do, so it has to be better than what I've already gotten.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation