Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 59 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 58 59
M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Scotland
Wanna hear what my WH had planned for "us" before he found out about Plan B? He was going to move in with OW. He would come into MY home and watch the boys so I could go to work. I would take the car(we only had one, which he took. It still has payments on it which I can't afford) and go to work. When I arrived home, he would go "home" to OW.

This is what Plan A felt like..... he was living with OW, and was still coming to OUR HOUSE to watch the kids for all the normal things/appointments that he used to be with them for. I had to do Plan A though. I am glad it is over because I couldn't have continued without love busting. I did a very good job I think with Plan A.

I wish my kids were older so they could reject the OW better than they will as tiny tots. I thought my baby smelled weird and now I know why.... frown

I wish this would get less fun for him!!

We are having significant financial issues. We still share an account. I can see that we both ran out the first day and spent a bunch, or I know I did, got groceries and gas and anything we needed, before he spent the rest on fast food and fun with the trailer trash chick (which he already has, holy cow they can spend money).

Not sure at what point he will get sick of sharing so much money with us....

Married 1/2000.
D-Day 3/7/11. WH moved in with OW and they married in 2013.
Single mom of 4.

M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Scotland
It is hard, plan B, but it also offers some great benefits. I hope you give it the time and energy to benefit you.

To add to my last post though, I had a pretty good day until I learned what my children were doing. frown

I took a math assessment test and registered for college classes. I am preparing to be a nurse. Unfortunately all I REALLY want to do is be at home with my kids and continue homeschooling them, but I'm trying to move forward.

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

S
S
Life had other plans for you right now. Make it the best life you can.

As far as the finances go, have you figured out what you are going to do when he only gives you what he is legally supposed to? How will you pay your bills? Will you need to move? etc? Just some other things to think about. This way, you will be prepared.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Yes I have thought this through... kind of complicated and I don't want it out in public in case WH ever finds this iykwim...

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

S
S
Yes, and I respect that. Just wanted to make sure you had that covered.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I have somewhat of a plan, but I'm still lost.... how is that... is it Monday yet so I can call the lawyer...

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

R
R
You will learn that staying still is a very useful tool in life.
That means you don't jump to react to each event but sit and ponder other things while you previously would have jumped up and responded immediately.
Time IS your friend.

It helps calm you before making decisions or taking actions and you ask yourself "Is any action needed at all here? Really?"

Monday will be here soon enough and you can talk to the lawyer and have had a day or so to practice being still.

Today, take the children out for a nice activity.

Refocus on you and you with the kids.

Refocus on your positive actions as a parent and a person.

Pep talk done for now.

M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by peachyisback
Plan B is good. It will make him miss home and the kids and you. It makes the posow 100 percent in the situation to have to make him happy and fill all his EN's. Trust me, if he was waffling at all, he will be making huge giant waffles in the next few weeks!

The ow cannot fill that goal, thus if the grandparents are horrible IM's (sounds like they are borderline enablers of your wh and his affair) then they cannot be used. Their house is not your waywards' safe zone for his seeing his kids.

You need to also make sure the grandparents KNOW and will not ENABLE your wh in allowing the posow around the kids at all at their home.

My in laws actually said No he could not borrow their van, once they knew he was taking my kids to see her. They also said that they didn't want to meet her and she wasn't allowed in the home. So... go them!

He was waffling MAJORLY in Plan A, but I think what terrifies me so much about yesterday is that I worry it means he is planning to marry her and that's why he introduced the kids into the situation.

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by reading
You will learn that staying still is a very useful tool in life.
That means you don't jump to react to each event but sit and ponder other things while you previously would have jumped up and responded immediately.
Time IS your friend.

It helps calm you before making decisions or taking actions and you ask yourself "Is any action needed at all here? Really?"

Monday will be here soon enough and you can talk to the lawyer and have had a day or so to practice being still.

Today, take the children out for a nice activity.

Refocus on you and you with the kids.

Refocus on your positive actions as a parent and a person.

Pep talk done for now.

That's a good one... thanks.

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
Also put word in through the IM that you will not tolerate the children being around her and if you find out that they are, you will be in a lawyer's office ASAP having it written up that your H is not allowed to have OW around your children and that when this goes to D you will have your lawyer make sure she is called in to testify and prove that she is the reason these children no longer have an intact family.

What do you know that I don't know.... lol

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

M
M
My in laws actually said No he could not borrow their van, once they knew he was taking my kids to see her. They also said that they didn't want to meet her and she wasn't allowed in the home. So... go them!

He was waffling MAJORLY in Plan A, but I think what terrifies me so much about yesterday is that I worry it means he is planning to marry her and that's why he introduced the kids into the situation.
Waywards think all kinds of weird things, mehr. He's probably looking for deserted islands to buy for the two of them. crazy

What I suspect he is doing is attempting to normalize this skank's place in his life. As long as the kids aren't allowed to be around her, he won't be able to do that.

Don't concern yourself with his mindset right now. He has no mind right now. It's a fog-swamp.

DO make it a point to give your in-laws a big hug for standing up to him and for your marriage! You go, mehr's in-laws!! hurray

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

E
E
Marital's right Mehr. What the #1 and ultimate goal of any crazy wayward, esp one who has left the family home and is shacking up with their skankho or male skankho, is this..ACCEPTANCE of the affair and of their skank partner.

That is why he wants to get the kids around her. You see, most families (even most enabling ones for the ws) really aren't ok with the affair partner being there at all. And especially not around kids. If they let the kids around her, then it's a slippery slope. If the ow is anything or somewhat decent around the kids, they'll tolerate her around them, simply because she didn't eat them or lock them in the closet the last time she saw the kiddos. Then life for the wayward can come SOMEWHAT close to normal for him/her. However IT WILL NEVER BE AS BEFORE.

This is why the affair has to stop. Of course, if the ws ends up ever trying to do something so stoopid as to marry the ow/om, they will end up divorced, but it will mean your kids are around the ow/om. And lemme tell you from experience, the ow/om WILL NOT LOVE YOUR KIDS as you love them, or as your ws loves them either. It's all just pretend crap.

So kill this affair. And send over something delicious and a card or flowers for your inlaws for them being superduper marriage heroes!

I guarantee your wh will begin the huge big time waffling even more when he finds out that you LEGALLY will not allow the kids around ow. In my state, it is normal divorce or separation language to have written in the following (or something similar): "When children are in the custodial home there are to be NO overnight visitors of the opposite unless it is a FAMILY MEMBER". Failure to do so, will or can result in you taking a sorry wayward back to court and challenging any bit of custody the ws has. I ought to know. I had that one written in my sep and divorce decree, and when I went back to court about a year after divorce (due to nonpayment of cs), I pulled that angle too, and got the judge to take away a bit more of my xwh's custody time. Now I'm sole custodian.

Anyhow, you hold the waywards' feet to the fire girl! Do it! he has to know that Mehr don't play that, and that you are out to kill this affair! You don't want a skank playing mommy around your precious kids, and you do not want a skank in your lives at all! Plus you aren't taking this lying down!

Go Mehr! You can kill this affair!

here's something sneaky you can do too. If you're in a dark plan B, you can have a GORGEOUS photo of you and the kids (like a huge 8 x 10) made (and have your hair and makeup done) and look like a gorgeous movie star and leave that huge photo of you and the kids in plain sight whenever wh comes over to his parents' house. He will SEE that, remember how his parents HATE the ow and the affair, and see and remember how lovely and wonderful you are and how he misses his kids.

And of course, your inlaws can show him such a lovely (either post Easter gift or early mothers' day gift) you gave them!

There are lots of subversive things you can do to re-emphasize your presence to your wh even in plan B, WITHOUT HAVING YOU BREAK plan B you know? I did sneaky sneaky things. Sadly I busted somewhat up my xwh's affairage, but it was too late b/c he'd married her. About a year after the affairage he tried to get me to come back, even luring me to a new home he was building and how he used MY OLD INTERIOR AND ARCHITECTURAL ideas in the new home (like a counter to ceiling aquarium in the foyer/close to kitchen)and told me how miserable he was and missed "us".

So yea, MB works. But work it hard now Mehr! Time is ticking and you need to kill this affair before it has a chance to mutate and grow into an uglier monster than it already is.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by peachyisback
Marital's right Mehr. What the #1 and ultimate goal of any crazy wayward, esp one who has left the family home and is shacking up with their skankho or male skankho, is this..ACCEPTANCE of the affair and of their skank partner.

You... all of you.... are right. This really rings true/makes sense to me. I really hope that his parents saying "no" to acceptance is ringing in his mind, maybe bringing a moment of clarity to the fog.

Thanks for the encouragement. The pick up/drop off situation seemed to work well. He wasn't there when I dropped them off, his mom was, I ran out the door to avoid him being there before I left, and then when I picked them up I was super nervous but he had already left and his parents were waiting. I thought it was very odd at the time, but then I thought if his parents were not accepting of the fact that he introduced the kids to the OW he probably left when they got back from dinner to avoid hanging out with them.

I had my intermediary send a message saying that on his next days off I will drop the kids off at 3pm at his parent's house. I happen to know from Before that she works at 4pm, and lives 20 minutes from his parent's house, so that should prevent any opportunity for them to all meet up for a happy playdate. I have not in any way let WH know that I know about his introduction.... nothing. I am being as Dark as I can be.

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

S
S
Mehr, great job. Keep as dark as you can. I know it is hard at first, but it DOES get easier.

Take care of yourself. Those kiddos need a mom who is healthy.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
waiting for a call back from the lawyer

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

B
B
Stay strong.
Are you reading up about a good plan B?

It is crutial that you do this step correctly.
Plan B is really survival mode for the BS

It will save your sanity, or at least a ton of wear an tear on you.

{{{mehr}}

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
M
M
Double post.

Last edited by MarriedForever; 04/26/11 10:38 AM.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
M
M
Triple post.

Last edited by MarriedForever; 04/26/11 10:37 AM.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

M
M
Oh good grief...now they're all gone.

Be back later.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

N
N
Oh good grief...now they're all gone.

Be back later.

Will do you a favor, here's what you posted per the email notification that I got:

I would talk to your kids ALLLLL the time about the mean lady daddy is hanging out with.

Tell your 6 year old that that is daddy's girlfriend and that is NOT OK WHEN YOU ARE MARRIED. Tell him flat out that she is trying to take your place and pretend to be YOU.

Tell him you still love Daddy and want him to come home but not until POSOW is gone. Tell him it hurts your feelings so badly that daddy has a girlfriend and that as soon as daddy dumps her, you want to try to fix things with daddy but that it can't happ! en until she leaves Daddy alone.

A 6 year old can understand this. Talk to him in age appropriate language. Do NOT try to shield your H from the consequences of his own children knowing what a piece of scum he is.

Let your children put this pressure on him. That is a GOOD thing. Do not direct your children to talk to him about this, simply tell your children the TRUTH and let THEM talk to their father about it.

This is what I did and trust me...what our kids came up with was farrrrr better than anything I could have told them to say.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

Page 18 of 59 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 58 59

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 731 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation