Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 24 25
M
M
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
Unless you want your mustache to end up looking like Salvador Dali's. MelodyLane is the queen of "high hair!"

Y'all better be nice to me!!! I have had to give a couple of you boys testerone injections in the past! I want commission! laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by Reynolds531
Haven't seen any gurls on here in a bit. We'll have to be careful or Marital will have everyone reading "Little Women" by this time next week.
Hey, look, the door's not closed all the way!.....hey, fellas, your UPS delivery from Borders Books is here - they delivered it to the wrong thread...man, it's heavy, must be a lot of books in here...Can someone help me with this box? Ooops, it broke open, sorry! Hey, you guys started a book club! Neato!

[Linked Image from ny-image3.etsy.com]

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
There had better not be any insult done to the honor of the lovely Lennon Sisters, here....

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Originally Posted by markos
There had better not be any insult done to the honor of the lovely Lennon Sisters, here....
No way! Janet was my fave! How about yours? Man, I wanted to grow up to be just like her. Sadly, I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.

I'm really looking forward to a complete discussion and dissection of the nuances of "The Secret of Holiday Island" as soon as you guys are done reading it!

grin

Last edited by maritalbliss; 04/27/11 03:05 PM.

D-Day 2-10-2009

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
If you are still reading, Fred, you might find this one of interest;

A Generation of Men Raised by Women
Does anyone else find it "interesting" that our last two Democrat presidents were raised in predominantly women-only households?

Much has been said and speculated about their character (or lack of).

A correlation?

Reading the article, which states the decline of the man in marriage began with the industrial revolution, I sincerely doubt it's limited to the last 4 presidents, nor to a party line.

Nor do I think that trying to align politics with masculinity is conducive to the purpose of the thread.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
No way! Janet was my fave! How about yours? Man, I wanted to grow up to be just like her. Sadly, I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.

I'm really looking forward to a complete discussion and dissection of the nuances of "The Secret of Holiday Island" as soon as you guys are done reading it!

grin

Pardon me, but I have a whole collection of "Sweet Valley High" to finish first.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

M
M
Pardon me, but I have a whole collection of "Sweet Valley High" to finish first.
rotflmao

Okay, I'll leave you guys alone.

Maybe.

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
No way! Janet was my fave! How about yours?

The one that was always smiling!

grin

Looks like it's only ten cents used, for some reason.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
H
H
Great thread idea HHH.

Don't feel too bad about the lack of broad based participation. I am sure there are many lurkers. Thise of us lacking in masculinity may not have much to contribute, but we are the ones most in need of the content others provide.

When you can see it coming, duck!
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by holdingontoit
Great thread idea HHH.

Don't feel too bad about the lack of broad based participation. I am sure there are many lurkers. Thise of us lacking in masculinity may not have much to contribute, but we are the ones most in need of the content others provide.

I'm not too worried. Besides lurkers, there are some who are embroiled in more immediate troubles.

I put a call out on the SAA board and, low and behold, a few others come aboard.

There has been quite a smattering of reading presented already, some who show up are going to be doing some catch-up.

Thanks for popping in, Hold.

N
N
[Linked Image from ny-image3.etsy.com]

Oh Holy hell my aching eyeballs, what did I walk into here?

I thought this was a No Gurlz club? Kind of feel like I walked into the Lady's Room by mistake. Will go back and check the sign on the door real quick...

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

C
C
How about if we bring sandwiches?

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
K
K
Originally Posted by CWMI
How about if we bring sandwiches?

Only if you make them.

With your shoes off.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

K
K
How do you guys have time to read between working on cars and being in the gym?

And if anyone wants hair removal...you need Nair Speed Cream for Men (yes, it's specified as for men). That is unless you neandrathals and your women like all that crazy, ugly back hair.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by kilted_thrower
How do you guys have time to read between working on cars and being in the gym?

And if anyone wants hair removal...you need Nair Speed Cream for Men (yes, it's specified as for men). That is unless you neandrathals and your women like all that crazy, ugly back hair.

Simple, tuck the book into your Chilton's guide.

R
R
There's the root of the problem right there. You shouldn't need a chilton - we are men - we do not need instructions!

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Reynolds531
There's the root of the problem right there. You shouldn't need a chilton - we are men - we do not need instructions!

Shhh... it covers up my Redbook...

Seriously, though... if it's newer than a 1980 I need a manual, a microscope, and a room full of computers... 1960's style.

K
K
I had to google what a Chilton guide was. And then all the flashbacks of using it to work on cars came back to me. Thank God my brother in law is a mechanic and Chilton doesn't have to visit anymore.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

A
A
Ok, triple H, a thread about men for men and by men.

Here's an issue near to my heart. How many of you are tired of commercials that portray men as idiots, with or without a woman or girl to either show them straight or comment on how stupid men are?

A copy of the email I just sent taco bell media relations:

I�m pretty tired of commercials that portray men as idiots, and your recent commercial with the idiot screaming �I won� is one of the most vapid on television. Don�t know who does your marketing research, but men buy more taco bell products than women, portraying them as [censored] is not comedy and is NOT going to sell product.

I will be urging all of my friends and family to boycott your product until you remove this offensive commercial.

The one constant through all the years has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again.
K
K
I was watching Olivia with my daughter the other day. The Dad went grocery shopping and had no idea what to buy for meals. And then he forgot a kid at the store.

It wasn't until recently that I really started to notice how idiotic they make men look on TV. I just wish I was smart enough to know how to change the channel so I wouldn't have to watch the drivel.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

Page 3 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 968 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation