Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 24 25
M
M
I thought this was a No Gurlz club? Kind of feel like I walked into the Lady's Room by mistake. Will go back and check the sign on the door real quick...
Wait, North! You forgot your dog! We groomed him for you - no charge!
Whaddya mean, he used to be a German Shepherd?! [Linked Image from images4.fanpop.com]

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
Shhh... it covers up my Redbook...
I am holding you personally responsible for the soda splatter on my monitor.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
Originally Posted by kilted_thrower
It wasn't until recently that I really started to notice how idiotic they make men look on TV. I just wish I was smart enough to know how to change the channel so I wouldn't have to watch the drivel.

kilted, my set is not connected to a broadcast signal, though it is capable of streaming movies from netflix and playing DVDs.

I think it's a very good way to live.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
K
K
I can't figure out how to get my DVD to play my beta tapes.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

M
M
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
[Linked Image from ny-image3.etsy.com]

Oh Holy hell my aching eyeballs, what did I walk into here?

Do I need to defend the honor of the Lennon Sisters, here?

Real men like really good music. smile

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
R
R
OK twenty four hours in the man thread, and lets take stock.

We have some Nancy Drew mysteries to read, HHH has a recent copy of redbook, and Marcos may or may not actually be Prisca in disguise.

OK then, ahhh can I suggest a rule? Unless medically or otherwise barred from doing so by an external support group of some kind, all posters must have a cold beer in front of them while on this thread.

Would that help?

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
M
M
Originally Posted by Reynolds531
OK then, ahhh can I suggest a rule? Unless medically or otherwise barred from doing so by an external support group of some kind, all posters must have a cold beer in front of them while on this thread.

Not going to help my case any to say I don't drink, is it? smile

I do drink Dr Pepper, which drives away at least one female poster on this board.

M
M
Okay, in an unexpected development, Prisca is now reading Art of Manliness, and I think she's making a list of new things I'm going to be expected to do. smile

M
M
Oh, I'm glad to see Art of Manliness supports cooking:

http://artofmanliness.com/2011/04/20/basic-knife-skills/

I have a chicken broth going on the stove right now, actually.

To take care of my sick family. smile

M
M
Okay, to refocus and get serious again, I offer one of my favorite AoM articles:

Stop Hanging Out With Women and Start Dating Them

C
C
From the above link

"If you�re over 18 and you�re still using Facebook applications to let someone know you�re interested in them, you need to be punched in the face."
rotflmao

"Commitment is liberating, not confining" Like this statement.

Last edited by ConstantProcess; 04/27/11 09:49 PM.
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by markos
Okay, in an unexpected development, Prisca is now reading Art of Manliness, and I think she's making a list of new things I'm going to be expected to do. smile

Have you noticed that it is authored by a man... and his wife?

They are like mites... sneaking into the little spaces where you won't notice them!

Ack!

[Linked Image from media.bigoo.ws]

(Just kidding, ladies. I love my wife. The rest of you? Hmmm... acceptable, I guess. )

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
From the above link

"If you�re over 18 and you�re still using Facebook applications to let someone know you�re interested in them, you need to be punched in the face."
rotflmao

"Commitment is liberating, not confining" Like this statement.

Dang straight. Commitment liberates me from the horror of dating!

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

N
N
Originally Posted by Reynolds531
There's the root of the problem right there. You shouldn't need a chilton - we are men - we do not need instructions!

...and you know it isn't fixed unless you have some extra parts left over.

Come to think about it, that may be why my truck rattles so much.

Interesting thread, HHH or triple-H.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

N
N
Y'all want to see an example of a really "shoddy" man?

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2502896&page=1

Poor woman had a cancer scare and dear hubby was too busy with his honey to bother checking in on her. Ticks me off and I don't even know this lady.

I swear if my son ever acted like that...

That's another bonus from these forums that I've especially noticed when parents/in-laws are complacent with their child's adultery. It gives us a lesson in what we should be teaching our children in terms of honor, respect, etc.

Me (BH)
FWW

H
H

Son just got his learner's permit. I let him drive me home from driver's ed yesterday. Sat down on the passenger seat of my car for the first time in ages. Felt a bump. It was a part that had fallen off from I don't know where. Has a nice strong spring between 2 plastic flanges. Wonder where it goes? dontknow shocked grin

When you can see it coming, duck!
N
N
Originally Posted by holdingontoit
Son just got his learner's permit.

You poor, poor man. We'll be thinking of you!

Me (BH)
FWW

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by holdingontoit

Son just got his learner's permit. I let him drive me home from driver's ed yesterday. Sat down on the passenger seat of my car for the first time in ages. Felt a bump. It was a part that had fallen off from I don't know where. Has a nice strong spring between 2 plastic flanges. Wonder where it goes? dontknow shocked grin

Suspension?

H
H
Nah, I think it is part of the cup holder. Pushes up from the bottom so cups don't fall through. I just have to figure out if there are some screws under the seats that I have to find amidst the gravel in the carpet, or if it slides into a slot.

Now, if it was a spring the size of the ones on the suspension, those I would recognize. I have a Grand Marquis. Same suspension as police and NYC taxis. 32 years on the same platform, you have to really put your mind to it to bust that suspension. That is why we got it. Mrs. Hold snapped the anti-sway bar on her minivan. Repair shop couldn't imagine how she did it. I explained that you have to notice the speed bumps before you can think to slow down, and that typical minivan design specifications did not allow for extended air time.

When you can see it coming, duck!
R
R
Buddy of mine builds those, good cars enjoy it. The factory shuts down in about six months.

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
Page 4 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 425 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation