Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 24 25
H
OP Offline
H
Just an active bump. Nothing new today, as I know the newcomers have some catching up to do in the linked articles.

Keep it rolling, gentlemen.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
H
H
Yes, many of the car mags say the panthers are reliable in old age. Guess after 30 years of tweaking they eventually worked most of the bugs out!

When you can see it coming, duck!
N
N
I read an article where some city in Texas authorized buying some 100+ Crown Vics for their police fleet before they are discontinued. Seems that, in addition to having a lot of spare parts laying around, many cities have frame machines and can just yank the frames back into place if/when they get damaged.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

C
C
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
[quote=Reynolds531]There's the root of the problem right there. You shouldn't need a chilton - we are men - we do not need instructions!

I remember the days when using a chilton was worse than no instructions....

Ok you guys have gotten me going with the mystry spring. Did this have at one time a switch that sensed whether someone was sitting in it? I remeber the old Crown Vics that would have this, and the car would buzz and ding and drive ya crazy if someone was sitting in the seat, and didn't click in with the seat belt.. A lot of those harnesses got by-passed as you can imagine.

It could be part of the seat suspension also, added for the electric seat, a stop, also maybe part of the normal seat adjusting mechanism. I have been a car mechanic most my life, fixing mine and everybody elses jalopys, lol, and even did it for a bit as a business for awhile. Those kinda puzzle pieces would stick in my craw too if I found them hanging around. My puzzle challange would kick in and I might even lose some sleep over it, lol.

But I will argue with ya about the instructions thing, I used to tell everyone, who said i was a good tech, that I had good sources, and I would go crazy if all that stuff took residence in my head. Gimme a manuel and I could fix anything, but don't ask me a month later what I did, because I would let it go right out of my head, all I remember was where I put the instructions.

Which reminds me of another story. I had all my tools stored and somebody stole them. My wifes family members, the knuckle draggers, had something to do with it. Well anyways, they didn't steal the manuals, and I got a laugh from that. They didn't want to learn anything, or strain thier brain of course, they were thieves, knowledge was thier enemy. rotflmao

After they sold the tools for whatever crap they wanted to buy, they were still idiots, and had no respect. Thier punishment is having to live with themselves.

Ok thats the only manly contribution I have for now. Will be wondering about that spring now for awhile...What year was this again? I have a guy at the ford dealership....

C
C
My dream sleeper machine was allways an ex police special crown vic, with all the trimmings. Back in the 70s with a 351 and interceptor trans. There were some with high performance suspensions also.

I used to like full sized ford cars, and trucks, but not the GMs, but I have been out of that game so long, and I have never been an auto "nut". I am in no place to judge anymore.

N
N
Since we somehow got on cars, I'll toss in a recommendation that those interested look at www.alldatadiy.com for online repair manuals that, it seems, are comparable to those produced by Helm.

They're cheaper than factory books and the best part is you print out what you need, use it and toss it. No more greasy manuals.

Sorry for the t/j HHH, but I guess talking cars falls into the "manly" category and keeps those gurls out of here. Reynolds must be watching the door fairly well, 'bout time he figured it out! smile

Me (BH)
FWW

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
My dream sleeper machine was allways an ex police special crown vic, with all the trimmings. Back in the 70s with a 351 and interceptor trans. There were some with high performance suspensions also.

I used to like full sized ford cars, and trucks, but not the GMs, but I have been out of that game so long, and I have never been an auto "nut". I am in no place to judge anymore.

Speaking of sleepers, I'm so sad to be broke. Saw an '86 Buick Regal Grand National for sale in the local trader for a reasonable amount.

Luxury and speed? Yes, please!

(pipe dream)

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
N
N
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess

Speaking of sleepers, I'm so sad to be broke. Saw an '86 Buick Regal Grand National for sale in the local trader for a reasonable amount.

Luxury and speed? Yes, please!

(pipe dream)

Saw this the other day, a GNX with only 10 miles on it. How they never drove it is beyond me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280663141914&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

Bid's only up to $50k. Wonder if they'll take a check smile

Me (BH)
FWW

H
H
Thanks for all the suggestions. Let me be clear. It is not just a spring. It is two pieces of dark grey plastic with a spring in the middle that connects them end to end. The spring pushes so as to keep the pieces flat so they resemble one longer piece. I would say the entire assembly is maybe 1"x6", with a 1"x2" piece and a 1"x4" piece. I won't have time to investigate further until tomorrow morning when Mrs. Hold goes to school and D14 goes to swim practice. Then S16 and I can pull the piece out, rummage under the seat to see if any screws fell out, and try to figure out where the assembly came from.

C
C
Lol What year was it again...Make and model too please

H
H
2003 Merc Grand Marquis. I put my OJ in the cup holder as today I do most mornings when I am running late. It sank down much farther than normal. I think we have a winner as to where the flange fell from! Now the question is how to get it back on.

C
C
Duct tape.

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
C
C
Originally Posted by CWMI
Duct tape.

I gotta call Red Green and se if he'll come to this thread also. Vise Grips, Screw drivers and Duct tape, the duct tape can even be used as first aid with napkins from mcdonalds if ya have too,,

dance2

C
C
Originally Posted by holdingontoit
2003 Merc Grand Marquis. I put my OJ in the cup holder as today I do most mornings when I am running late. It sank down much farther than normal. I think we have a winner as to where the flange fell from! Now the question is how to get it back on.

Ford Speacial tool # J-2003-0U812 .(oh-you-ate-one-too).

Those things allways get brittle over time, the plastics in trim, due to the glass transistion propertys in heating up and cooling down, like is sunlight. Part of why bullit-proof glass,(Plastic), has to be changed over time. I saw a plastic welding kit in the tools store.. The times they are a a-changin..

Good luck figuring it out without breaking it. Sounds like another Manly challange of the puzzle kind on the Man Thread weightlifter
We need an emotiocon with a little guy with Barbells also.

Last edited by ConstantProcess; 04/29/11 10:34 PM.
M
M
Will this work?
[Linked Image from pic4ever.com]

Teehee! You guys need to lock that door!

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

J
Administrator
Administrator
J

weightlifter

JustUss

Administrator/Moderator
C
C
Originally Posted by JustUss

weightlifter

Thats good JustUss, but how about one with the guys sweatin and pushing it up over his head, with a grimace, Lol. What would be real good, is if he dropped it on his foot. rotflmao

Well I just noticed you added it to the smilies. Thanks fellow dudeness.

Last edited by ConstantProcess; 04/29/11 09:11 PM.
N
N
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Will this work?
[Linked Image from pic4ever.com]

Teehee! You guys need to lock that door!

Dammit Reynolds, wake up! She got through again!

Quickly, before I get called a traitor to the Cause, hope you have a good weekend, marital.

Me (BH)
FWW

R
R
Wow bashing me and sucking up to MB in one post. Thats some innovation even for you North.

She threatened me with the werwolf or whatever the heck that thing is.

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
C
C
Its allready been discussed, but I wanted to put my .02 in on the way men are portrayed as duffuses on tv and commercials.

Its probably more damaging to children and young people as to what is to be expected as we grow up. I also see how some women can ridicule men over it, but the question remains...

Who belives this dribble? I mean you gotta have some low expectations of yourself to buy this as a guy, or be pretty proud of yourself if you beleive this crap and acually stop for directions.

If women belived this stuff they would fall for any guy that did his own laundry, dishes, and could cook.

Maybe this is why people fall in love so easily and divorce so much nowadays, they think they have a gold mine, because society teaches us these silly role models, and anything deeper is considered so special and unique.

Ok quick Joke
-----------------------------
A woman went to an attorney to ask about a divorce.
"What grounds do you have, ma'm?"
"About six acres."
"No, I don't think you quite understand. Let me rephrase the question. do you have a grudge?"
"Yes it fits two cars."
"I'll try again. does your husband beat you up?"
"No, I always get up at least an hour before he does."
The attorney could see he was fighting a losing battle. "Madam, Why do you want a divorce?"
"He doesn't communicate, I can never understand what he is talking about!"
-------------------------------

Ok, now the werewolf has chewed up the pool cues. Im outta here..

Last edited by ConstantProcess; 04/29/11 11:04 PM.
Page 5 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 968 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation