Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
U
U
Not very computer savy.

Is there a free key logger that takes screen shots?

Will the free key loggers, assuming they don't take screen shots pick up Facebook messages, chats, and yahoo chat text?

I have a external hard drive that periodically saves new stuff, causing an icon on the task bar to "glow". Would the stuff saved by the key logger be saved there as well causing it to "glow"?

Me: BH
Her: ongoing PA/EA
Married 8 years
3 children 2,6,7.
Plan B, maybe D.
M
M
unloved, I am not aware of a free keylogger that is invisible and undetectable. Some good ones are webwatcher and eblaster but they do cost money. You only have to access her computer ONCE and can monitor her computer remotely with webwatcher or via email reports with eblaster.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

U
U
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
unloved, I am not aware of a free keylogger that is invisible and undetectable. Some good ones are webwatcher and eblaster but they do cost money. You only have to access her computer ONCE and can monitor her computer remotely with webwatcher or via email reports with eblaster.

are there any i can pick up at walmart, best buy etc.
On line purchaser from our shared bank account will be red flag/

Married 8 years
3 children 2,6,7.
Plan B, maybe D.
M
M
unloved, I am not sure. Do you have a credit card that is in your name only?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
Desktop shark is free and captures only whatever text is typed. No screenshots, but their pay version might. I'm not sure.

As for paying, you could get one of those visa gift cards or something--check a drugstore. Then you'd just say your "prescription" cost $100 and use the gift card to pay for the spyware. Eblaster is a good one, check their website for the exact cost.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

M
M
That is a great idea, Northwood, about getting a giftcard! His issue is that he needs a keylogger that will email him the reports or one that will allow him to view activity remotely. He won't have access to this computer again.

Exposure 101

U
U
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
Desktop shark is free and captures only whatever text is typed. No screenshots, but their pay version might. I'm not sure.

As for paying, you could get one of those visa gift cards or something--check a drugstore. Then you'd just say your "prescription" cost $100 and use the gift card to pay for the spyware. Eblaster is a good one, check their website for the exact cost.

Good idea. Going to check the local electronic stores tomorrow, but if that don't pan out, think i'll just have to go grocery shopping a wal mart next time. They should sell them their right?

BTW anyone know about the external hard drive thing.

Last edited by unloved8; 05/22/11 09:15 PM.

Married 8 years
3 children 2,6,7.
Plan B, maybe D.
M
M
Wouldn't you want to install the keylogger on HER own personal computer? Is that connected to an external hard drive?

When you shop for a keylogger I would make sure it is one where you don't have to access her computer to get the reports. You need remote access.

Exposure 101

L
L
Are there key loggers for linux?

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
N
N
Originally Posted by unloved8
I have a external hard drive that periodically saves new stuff, causing an icon on the task bar to "glow". Would the stuff saved by the key logger be saved there as well causing it to "glow"?

For desktop shark (not familiar with other free ones) the logs are kept on the monitored computer. To open the program, you just type in a string of letters and it opens. The logs are saved in a hidden file on the computer, but these are easily viewed if you change your folder settings.

So, yes, if you have an automatic backup of your hard drive to an external drive (I have one at work) then it probably will copy the log files over.

To my knowledge, eblaster doesn't save anything on the monitored computer's drive. It just emails reports via the eblaster server. Anything more detailed on how it operates is above my pay grade smile but it works great. You install it and never have to access the monitored computer again.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

U
U
Wouldn't you want to install the keylogger on HER own personal computer? Is that connected to an external hard drive?

She has one for it storing music and movies. Not sure if it automatically backs up but worried about it.

When you shop for a keylogger I would make sure it is one where you don't have to access her computer to get the reports. You need remote access.

Just read the sell webwatcher at big chain computer stores. It is remote viewing. To be honest not sure what it would pick up. If something is going on with the guy who is gone it would but her friends live one floor up so talking with them face to face is no issue. Plus she has a cellphone and she texts alot. I know they have programs for phones but this is a foreign phone,

Married 8 years
3 children 2,6,7.
Plan B, maybe D.
L
L
I have installed a logger on my computer. I would like to install one on WS's. However he is very good with computers. I need to know the best way to hide one and one that is free. I can't afford to purchase one.Has anyone ever made a fake email account? I know her work email and was thinking of making one saying it was my WS to see how she'd respond if I pretended to be my husband.

Last edited by Lyndie; 05/24/11 02:59 PM.
U
U
got desk top shark on home computer. Ran a search and it couldn't find it. Does show up in task manager but there is soo much stuff going on there anyway and name is not obvious.

Is there a free one. That shows searches? Or is that a screen-shot function only?

Plan to buy good one for other computer. But looking to go cheaper (free) at home.

Married 8 years
3 children 2,6,7.
Plan B, maybe D.
U
U
Originally Posted by Lyndie
I have installed a logger on my computer. I would like to install one on WS's. However he is very good with computers. I need to know the best way to hide one and one that is free. I can't afford to purchase one.Has anyone ever made a fake email account? I know her work email and was thinking of making one saying it was my WS to see how she'd respond if I pretended to be my husband.

I would worry about being tripped up. I mean i thought of a fake doing something similar with facebook and and my wifes roomates.
She ask you something you (him) should know and your sunk.

Married 8 years
3 children 2,6,7.
Plan B, maybe D.
B
B
I bet a lot of people on here are like me, theycant get access to spouse's computer. My WW has hers locked down all the time and I don't know the password. I've tried but to no avail it would be nice to install something like this but unless you can actually install something, it's virtually impossible.

Anyone have thoughts on how to get access?

C
C
this is a small thing but it shows you all the internet explorer passwords and accounts set up on teh computer-

you techies probably know better ones- but a for a newbee it opens alot!!!

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/internet_explorer_password.html

also has the history viewer.

just unzip and download into a file folder thats somewhat obscure and you can keep checking.....

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
final truths 5/8-- all of them poly confirmed 5/18
working the plan

M
M
Originally Posted by BXB9473
I bet a lot of people on here are like me, theycant get access to spouse's computer. My WW has hers locked down all the time and I don't know the password. I've tried but to no avail it would be nice to install something like this but unless you can actually install something, it's virtually impossible.

Anyone have thoughts on how to get access?

Desktop shark DOES keep screenshots incase anyone is wondering. YOu just have to go to the folder for it (which is usually a hidden folder) located right in the c directory. I htink the folder is called DS. ANyhow .. even tho the free version of desktop shark claims thatyou cant do screenshots .. its in the images folder in the DS folder. Its just the interface doesnt allow you to view them when using the program .. so you have to go view it manually.

There is 2 ways to get access to the PC.

1. At the user selection screen ... press CTRL/ALT/DEL x2 it will then bring you to a new logon screen. Enter Administrator as the user and leave the password blank. 7/10 it will enter into the Administrator account and then you can install whatever you like.

2. This way to gain access will erase the password. Your spouse will know something is up ... but you can create a boot CD with this link http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/ that allows you to boot into SHELL and delete the passords of any user account on that PC. The only down side is .. that 1. As i mentioned your spouse will know you erased the password and 2. any encrypted files will be gone/locked forever after erasing the account password. Not many ppl I know encrypt their stuff though so for most users its works great.

hopefully that hlps someone.

C
C
Originally Posted by MrNiceGuy
I agree with Desktop shark .. i have been mentioning it on several SSA threads. Best I have ever found ... and the price is great too .. free.

www.desktopshark.com

Desktopshark is awesome. The Free version gives you ALL the keystrokes and can be hard to decipher if you don't have a lot of time to dig through. Specially if the person typing is a bad typist.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
H
H
I just got the desktopshark. With testing It does get all key strokes but the letters are different colors then the command key so not that hard to figure out.

H
H
WH is still in contact and deleting his tracks. I have zero access to his computers because they are biometric log-on (unfortunately I'm not growing new finger prints). Only thing I have access to is his iPhone 4. It is a locked device, not jailbroken. Are there any free keyloggers that will work with that and not be noticeable when he does things like sync? He has a LOT of tech knowledge and I don't want to put something on there he would notice immediately draining the bandwidth we pay for. I know he texts her then deletes though and I want to know what is said.

I am BW to WH of 9 years, 11 together
5 kids- 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 years old
OW is in another state, WH moved to be with her and her 3 kids
D-day of EA/PA Jan 11, Fully Disclosed July 2011
Plan B September 11 against my will when WH filed Divorce
OW dumped WH in May, WH wants divorce final but to work on things
Divorce Settlement Facilitation Completed, divorce final second week of July
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,105 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation