Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
T
Oh wow......that has really set me thinking, I shall go back to an old journal and look at all the stuff he told me on the first Dday!!

Laters!!

Me 50
WH 52
WH in A 6 yrs in total, last 5 yrs JGF (Not!)
DD final 1.12.10
NC letter sent 3.12.10

Working at being the best I can be, the rest is up to you.

He is still a plonker, but he is my plonker!
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by schoolbus
Let's see - for general translation purposes, whenever a wayward speaks, you can usually think this:

1. I want what I want when I want it.
2. I will blame the BS when I feel like it, and it doesn't mean much to me. In fact, it doesn't mean much at all.
3. I am out to satisfy my own wants. Whenever anyone else gets in the way of that goal, that person is attempting to "judge" me. "Judging" is now "bad", and therefore, if you are in the way of me and my wants, YOU are "bad".
4. Nobody understands me unless they are someone who supports my wants. In that case, they are a "good" person, and they are not "judging" me. They "understand" me, and they are my "friend". Probably, this person is my affair partner.
5. I absolutely cannot and will not listen to anyone who has had any experience with anything remotely like this experience - because MY experience is very unique and special, and I am therefore very unique and special among all human beings who has ever lived and who will ever live.

So, basically, unless you are talking to your REAL spouse, pretty much....

don't listen. Because what the wayward spouse has to say is self-driven.

Unless you have someone who can analyze the message and pull out the pieces that can help you, just step away from the mess and protect yourself.

SB

Hoping no one misses this jewel by SB.

E
E
What a great thread Pep! Amazing.

In translating the words of the fogg-ed, it is important to pretend or think you are a major celebrity or self-absorbed superstar to try to understand the mindset of the wayward or you might not be able to successfully translate.

But if you wish to not tax yourself or your brain that much by warping it to try to understand a wayward, here are 3 simple tips to remember when the wayward is around.

1)Say the word "YOU" alot, and refer to THEM as much in the convo. You see, to them, THEY are the center of the universe. When you speak in sentences beginning in "you", they will listen! why? You're talking about them, thinking about them and they like anything about themselves b/c they're in the most selfish and narcissitic life situations ever.
2)Try to put the word "happy" somewhere near the word "you" when talking to them. Somehow they think they're getting their way when these two words are placed in close proximity with one another. Example: You want to be happy ww? I so understand YOU. YOU deserve to be totally happy and we can make that happen for YOU with a loving marriage. (that might get them to listen for a sec).
3)Do not ever mention yourself when speaking with a ws or they will shut down and walk off or do something stupid or say something stupid. They aren't interested in you. Just them. Like the other guy who posted about his wifes' house slippers which read "it's all about me", it sure is!!!

Whenever I had to (before divorce and plan B) speak to Darth and even years after the divorce (when I was simply in plan FU, and before I got sole custody), if I had to speak to him to make him do something my way (this is a good trick), I would do those things. Say in the sentence things about him, how my suggestion (or request) was really good for him or better, and then toss in the word "happy" or "you'll like it" or something positive like that near the word "you". It worked like a charm! He'd always get that child support then in, or he would chang off a weekend custody time if I had to go out of town.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
M
M
Originally Posted by peachyisback
What a great thread Pep! Amazing.

In translating the words of the fogg-ed, it is important to pretend or think you are a major celebrity or self-absorbed superstar to try to understand the mindset of the wayward or you might not be able to successfully translate.

But if you wish to not tax yourself or your brain that much by warping it to try to understand a wayward, here are 3 simple tips to remember when the wayward is around.

1)Say the word "YOU" alot, and refer to THEM as much in the convo. You see, to them, THEY are the center of the universe. When you speak in sentences beginning in "you", they will listen! why? You're talking about them, thinking about them and they like anything about themselves b/c they're in the most selfish and narcissitic life situations ever.
2)Try to put the word "happy" somewhere near the word "you" when talking to them. Somehow they think they're getting their way when these two words are placed in close proximity with one another. Example: You want to be happy ww? I so understand YOU. YOU deserve to be totally happy and we can make that happen for YOU with a loving marriage. (that might get them to listen for a sec).
3)Do not ever mention yourself when speaking with a ws or they will shut down and walk off or do something stupid or say something stupid. They aren't interested in you. Just them. Like the other guy who posted about his wifes' house slippers which read "it's all about me", it sure is!!!

Whenever I had to (before divorce and plan B) speak to Darth and even years after the divorce (when I was simply in plan FU, and before I got sole custody), if I had to speak to him to make him do something my way (this is a good trick), I would do those things. Say in the sentence things about him, how my suggestion (or request) was really good for him or better, and then toss in the word "happy" or "you'll like it" or something positive like that near the word "you". It worked like a charm! He'd always get that child support then in, or he would chang off a weekend custody time if I had to go out of town.

Very insightful. I'll have to remember these tips. They won't really help me much right now, though.

Last edited by marksaysay; 07/14/11 08:05 PM.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
DDay - Early November 2010
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

1 Corinthians 13:7: (LOVE) Beareth all things, believeth all things, HOPETH all things, endureth all things.
L
L
Originally Posted by SDCW_man
Yes, I noticed how my WW/xWW would couch everything in the 3rd person to avoid any hint of personal responsibility. Exact quote examples:

"It is just too late now"
"I'm sorry for how our our lives have become"
"I wasn't looking for a relationship"
"I can't force my feelings...you don't understand"
"There is nothing left of us to rekindle or restore...I can't help that"
"I just was lonely"
"You left me first...not my fault"
"I am sorry for many things that happenned"
"God changes things and God wants me to be happy"
"Yes, I meant my vows...to a certain extent"
"We were just friends and then it kinda happenned"
"You ruined a good thing we had first"
"You broke your vows first by playing golf"
"I tried, but "it" never came back to me with you"
"I have to feel "it" with you and I just can't"
"You made me this way!"

Yada, yada...so freakin' sick!!!
puke

My WW would say "I meant it at the time that I said it but later I changed my mind"

This would mean 5 years later, or 5 minutes later

Last edited by LostNtime; 07/15/11 08:37 AM.

Me = BH
DDay Dec. 2010
D filed Oct 2011 (by me)
D final 3/16/12
T
T
"I just was lonely"

That was the one I got. Poor baby, a wife, nice house, good friends,yeah I know but it wasn't enough,

I thought shaggin your best friend would make me feel so much better.........and it would be good for our relationship.....I mean look how much stronger you are, look at all the things you have done.......see it was good for our marriage.

Now can you just get over it please, I know it was 6 years, 5 years of hell for you,

i KNOW COS YOU TOLD ME, i COULDN'T SEE IT FOR MYSELF COS.........

IT WAS ALL ABOUT ME!!!!!

lets just move on, I chose to stay, be grateful, make it better for me cos I feel bad, I hurt her, I damaged me and I feel bad enough without having to deal with your feelings too.

ITS ALL ABOUT ME

Poor wayturd speak.

Me 50
WH 52
WH in A 6 yrs in total, last 5 yrs JGF (Not!)
DD final 1.12.10
NC letter sent 3.12.10

Working at being the best I can be, the rest is up to you.

He is still a plonker, but he is my plonker!
C
C
I gotta read this later, its just that pep posted it, and she doesn't allways agree with me, so if i admit she is better than me..... skeptical

seriuosly it looks like its gonna be hill-larry-us.

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
I gotta read this later, its just that pep posted it, and she doesn't allways agree with me, so if i admit she is better than me..... skeptical

seriuosly it looks like its gonna be hill-larry-us.

This post (the part in black) was directly quoted from a drive-by WH. I did not change a word to make him appear worse than he was.

His BW had finally "had it" and it was not until she filed for a D that he MAYBE decided that MAYBE he might MAYBE want to work on the M if his BW would guarantee she would take him back..... before he was finished with OW.

His utter cluelessness and selfishness sent me over the edge.
Instead of doing my "translation" (red) on his thread, I created this one.

He was superior in his unobservant selfishness.

Please, enjoy this in the spirit in which I wrote it.

The actively wayward mind, fully exposed, is egomaniacal bordering pathologic.

Sometimes it is temporary insanity. Sometimes it is not.

Last edited by Pepperband; 07/15/11 11:09 AM.
L
L
Thanks for this Pepper. It helps me decode what my WW told me last night after stopping by for a while.

WW - "It felt so good being in your arms. It felt like I was home again" (This is right before she heads back to OM)

Translation - I want to tell you everything you need to hear to keep you hanging on and waiting for me while I continue to eat cake! I love my cake! Please not take my cake away from me!

Me = BH
DDay Dec. 2010
D filed Oct 2011 (by me)
D final 3/16/12
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by LostNtime
Thanks for this Pepper. It helps me decode what my WW told me last night after stopping by for a while.

WW - "It felt so good being in your arms. It felt like I was home again" (This is right before she heads back to OM)

Translation - I want to tell you everything you need to hear to keep you hanging on and waiting for me while I continue to eat cake! I love my cake! Please not take my cake away from me!

Yeah.

WW currently living with OM and his parents
Plan A

Plan A is all about them & their cake.
Is it almost time to remove yourself from this triangle?
Are you considering Plan B?

Edit:
I just looked at your thread.
I understand where you're current position is. Hang tough.

Last edited by Pepperband; 07/15/11 01:53 PM.
R
R
Thanks. When you look at it that way, it's so pathetic it actually makes you laugh. (And I really needed to stop crying for a minute). If the whole thing, as a BS, wasn't so devastating and awful - it WOULD be laughable. They are ridiculous, these people in the middle of affairs, acting like narcissistic 13-year-olds.

I take that back. My 13-year-old would never behave in such a callous, selfish, damaging way, with no consideration for fellow human beings.

They just don't even think, do they? So sad.

Married: 22 years
Me: BW 41
Him: WH 43
Sons: 19, 17, 12
Daughter: 16
DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Brief recovery of a few months in there.
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
C
C
Originally Posted by Pepperband
This post (the part in black) was directly quoted from a drive-by WH. I did not change a word to make him appear worse than he was.

His utter cluelessness and selfishness sent me over the edge.
Instead of doing my "translation" (red) on his thread, I created this one.

He was superior in his unobservant selfishness.

Please, enjoy this in the spirit in which I wrote it.

The actively wayward mind, fully exposed, is egomaniacal bordering pathologic.

Sometimes it is temporary insanity. Sometimes it is not.

Your right about that Pep.

Thanks again for this thread, if it wasn't so sad it would be a good skit for Inspector Clouseau.

E
E
Originally Posted by schoolbus
Let's see - for general translation purposes, whenever a wayward speaks, you can usually think this:

1. I want what I want when I want it.
2. I will blame the BS when I feel like it, and it doesn't mean much to me. In fact, it doesn't mean much at all.
3. I am out to satisfy my own wants. Whenever anyone else gets in the way of that goal, that person is attempting to "judge" me. "Judging" is now "bad", and therefore, if you are in the way of me and my wants, YOU are "bad".
4. Nobody understands me unless they are someone who supports my wants. In that case, they are a "good" person, and they are not "judging" me. They "understand" me, and they are my "friend". Probably, this person is my affair partner.
5. I absolutely cannot and will not listen to anyone who has had any experience with anything remotely like this experience - because MY experience is very unique and special, and I am therefore very unique and special among all human beings who has ever lived and who will ever live.

So, basically, unless you are talking to your REAL spouse, pretty much....

don't listen. Because what the wayward spouse has to say is self-driven.

Unless you have someone who can analyze the message and pull out the pieces that can help you, just step away from the mess and protect yourself.

SB

THIS!!!

i know my wife better than anybody else. i kow she is really and genuinely a good person. she always been selfless, and willing to help anybody any time. thats one of the main reasons i fell in love with her...she has a good heart.

but since the OM sunk his claws into her... totally different person. and its all that to a T. esp. the part about friends. if youagree with her lifestyle choice, shell listen to you , but if not shell just nod her head to placate you. pretend like shes listening, and tell you what you want to hear. and sometimes its close to the truth, and sometimes you can see her start to come out of it...

then shes right back in...

E
E
I likened the way my xwh acted to "Linda Blair--exorcist". I swear, sometimes I wished I could have had a priest and some holy water and the priest to say to him, "Darth, let me talk to peachy's husband M...Can we talk to M now?"

Of course, the response would've been "There is NO more M. Only Darth." And then alot of head spinning and pea soup in my face.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
E
E
No wait..was that the scene from exorcist or was it when Bill Murray was trying to get an evil entity out of his girlfriend in Ghost Busters???

E
E
Uh oh...answered my own question.

Talking to a wayward is like this:

My sincere apologies to anybody with his girlfriends' name.

Anybody have a wayward discussion moment like this?

Last edited by peachyisback; 08/02/11 03:08 PM.

M
M
CAKE CAKE CAKE .... hehe

Married 1/2000.
D-Day 3/7/11. WH moved in with OW and they married in 2013.
Single mom of 4.

C
C
Originally Posted by peachyisback
I likened the way my xwh acted to "Linda Blair--exorcist". I swear, sometimes I wished I could have had a priest and some holy water and the priest to say to him, "Darth, let me talk to peachy's husband M...Can we talk to M now?"

Of course, the response would've been "There is NO more M. Only Darth." And then alot of head spinning and pea soup in my face.

rotflmao

I ussually know that all the wayward stuff, the stupidity, the selfishness, brings such pain, that humor is hard to acknowledge.

But this one was funny, I couldn't help it, visualizing you wiping pea soup off your face peachy.

It would not be funny if you hadn't had victory in the long run.

T
T
Originally Posted by Pepperband
I go to therapy twice a week (for the past month and a half) and I see no improvement.

Do you think I should stop lying to the therapist?

ME: "Why am I paying for you to go to a therapist? Is she telling you it's okay to act like this?"

WW: No she's not telling me it's okay... But I don't listen to her!

Last edited by TryingEverything; 08/03/11 06:46 PM.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
E
E
Love that! And yet another reason to fire therapists!!! MB is the only way to combat the alien within!!!

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation