Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 47 of 59 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 58 59
H
H
Originally Posted by hope3343
Because your daughter is 4 and that your DD is on his insurance I would have the IM inform him that your daughter will be going to a counselor, therapist or family clinic with no explanation. If he asks why give him the phone number of the facility you are using. Let him figure it out.

This is UNNECESSARY!

This man chose to ABANDON his family!!!!!!!

HE IS NOT ENTITLED TO ANY INFORMATION!!!!!

Stay Dark!

Last edited by HerPapaBear; 07/09/11 04:01 PM. Reason: changed a line

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
H
H
Stay Dark!

Other than your IM exchanging scheduled visitation information with WH, there should be no other information exchanged.

WH does not exist in the realms of your everyday life. He gave up ALL rights to information when he abandoned his wife & family.

Recovery began 10/07;

S
S
While I agree that you shouldn't send anything through your I'm I will tell you about the way I handled it. When my DSs would cry that they missed their dad I would ask them if they wanted to talk to him. If they said yes then I would have them call. If they said no I would just hold them and listen to them until they felt better. Right now, when my DSx2 go to WH and OWs for the night, the night before they want a lot of my attention. After they come home, they are running around like crazy. It's sad for me, but I do what I need to.

This might not be the right thing to do, but it keeps me in as dark a plan B as possible while having young children.

I do agree with HPB that your Plan B hasn't been as dark as possible but if it is as you say, and there is no direct or indirect contact, then it is your thinking and your focus. You need to change that if you want to make some real progress in Plan B and your personal recovery.

I don't know if you answered me, but what are your child exchanges like? Is there indirect contact there? What do you talk about with your friends and family? Hint, it should be something other than your WH.

I understand that your financial sitch is eating at you, and it should. You should just make sure that you do this the right way and take care of your children and yourself.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
If one of the children was taken to the ER or had a serious injury/illness, WH should be contacted then.

I like the idea of staying with, or even just visiting family members. The more family and friends that rally around the kids, the easier (less horrible) it will be.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
H
H
Originally Posted by Neak
If one of the children was taken to the ER or had a serious injury/illness, WH should be contacted then.

While I was wayward, one of our sons had an injury that required an emergency room visit and multiple stiches in the top of his head.

Neither my wife nor any of the kids mentioned it for several weeks. I was furious when I found out!!!!

However, it was one of those moments that shocked me out of my fog, causing me to really wrestle with choices I had made. I realized, in that moment, I was losing my family and recognised it was my own fault. Regretfully, the fog arose again and again.

I'm in full agreement with Neak, I just wanted to share a story and express my desire for you to place the proper weight on what is truly serious enough to inform WH about.

Last edited by HerPapaBear; 07/09/11 09:16 PM.

Recovery began 10/07;

H
H
Originally Posted by HerPapaBear

While I was wayward, one of our sons had an injury that required an emergency room visit and multiple stiches in the top of his head.

Neither my wife nor any of the kids mentioned it for several weeks. I was furious when I found out!!!!

However, it was one of those moments that shocked me out of my fog, causing me to really wrestle with choices I had made. I realized, in that moment, I was losing my family and recognised it was my own fault. Regretfully, the fog arose again and again.

I'm in full agreement with Neak, I just wanted to share a story and express my desire for you to place the proper weight on what is truly serious enough to inform WH about.

When I said to Mehr about just having IM tell him about going to counselor my initial thought was that he was not made aware he could use it against her in court.

But now hearing from a true wayward (Praise God ex- wayward) that how much out of it they truly are. You are correct don't tell him. He will either blame mehr that she is poisoning DD, not really care or be invested or just get mad.

I stand corrected. Tell him nothing but do take your DD to the counselor. She needed as much as my DD did and it did wonders.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by hope3343
Because your daughter is 4 and that your DD is on his insurance I would have the IM inform him that your daughter will be going to a counselor, therapist or family clinic with no explanation.

I am not able to do this because we have a 500 deductible and i have no money. I have to find a counselor that takes medicaid... I wonder if I can even find a Christian one that won't just make it an easier divorce and remarriage for him. Today my daughter was telling grandpa that daddy is going to marry someone else. Since I never mentioned marrying, I think this has to be coming from her time with WH.

Married 1/2000.
D-Day 3/7/11. WH moved in with OW and they married in 2013.
Single mom of 4.

M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by HerPapaBear
DO NOT tell wayward husband ANYTHING going on in your home. If he is as whacked as I was, he will document it as way to establish your inability to parent these children and may even attempt to fight you for custody as a result.

Most attempts to reason with a wayward will backfire, they are whacked while wayward!

Its too late.... I already sent the message... I hope he doesn't try to fight for custody. I will remember this from now on. I will send nothing else.

Is there a thread where you told your story? How did you stop being wayward? When did the "fog" wear off, etc.? What did you do while "whacked"??

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Scotland
I don't know if you answered me, but what are your child exchanges like? Is there indirect contact there? What do you talk about with your friends and family? Hint, it should be something other than your WH.

I understand that your financial sitch is eating at you, and it should. You should just make sure that you do this the right way and take care of your children and yourself.

Most of the time I drop the kids off at my in laws (couple blocks from my house) and then leave before he gets there. Every now and then I have to wait for him to arrive because they aren't there. For a short while I had him picking them up here but I no longer wanted to do that since SHE was going to appear in my driveway since they use her car and his car to get our four children to their lair.

Yeah I totally need to move on mentally. It is very hard. I think it just takes time. I need to not let him know what is going on even with the kids mental state, but it is hard because I see all the fallout and he thinks everything is just fine (I think). I don't want to put any more information to him though. He will just have to wonder what is going on... if he even cares enough to wonder. Sigh.

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I like the idea of staying with, or even just visiting family members. The more family and friends that rally around the kids, the easier (less horrible) it will be.

I would live with family if I had any family that would be able to take us but I don't. My parents start getting snappy with my kids after just an afternoon with them. They had two kids 12 years apart, and they cant handle more than one at a time.

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

S
S
Originally Posted by mehr
Most of the time I drop the kids off at my in laws (couple blocks from my house) and then leave before he gets there. Every now and then I have to wait for him to arrive because they aren't there. For a short while I had him picking them up here but I no longer wanted to do that since SHE was going to appear in my driveway since they use her car and his car to get our four children to their lair.

THIS is what is the main reason you are stuck. THIS is a HUGE problem for someone in Plan B. You are really going to have to change this.

What happens when you have to wait for him? Do you see him?

This needs to get plugged up and fast.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I walk out the front door while he is coming in the side door. I will work on the holes in this. I am practicing really letting him go right now. I packed up 2 garbage bags of his stuff to pass on to him.

My plan to go to college and get a nursing degree will work with or without him. And maybe once I have 'let go' and am not in the picture at all, the other woman will get comfortable and show her true colors and/or my husband will get comfortable and start acting more like he did here.... see how she likes having a man who is used to having everything done for him.

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

R
R
Do you have any aquaintances who could handle the switch off for you?
Trustworthy, willing people? Someone with a home between yours and the other home?

One thing I have learned in MB planning is to reach out to others for support and I have bonded more deeply than ever with general humanity.

Lots of people want to help. Its amazing. Its a-mazing.

S
S
This is why you are hurting Mehr. You aren't staying dark enough and it is keeping you in the drama and mindset of the affair instead of healing.

Doesn't mean that you won't heal, it just means that it will take much longer and you will go through a lot more hurt than necessary.

Brainstorm some ways to get this figured out so you can dark as night and you can really begin to heal.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
Hear, hear! You won't know how badly this has been affecting you till you're fully dark for a little while. The difference is huge.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Most of the time my mother in law is there and I leave before he gets there. The other times, there is nothing I can do about it. There is no one b/w here and the lair as we live in a low populated area and my friends all live in "the city." I wish I had another option because I hate those times I have to actually deal with the trade off in any way.

I am getting to feeling better... even when it isn't visitation days, this whole thing just hurts, even whie I am able to realize that maybe I can find a better man. I am just not interested in someone who would dump his wife and kids for such selfish reasons, it completely turns me off.

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

S
S
Keeping it this way is allowing you to bleed a slow and painful death. You need to STOP the bleeding.

I can't stress to you enough how much you need to do this for yourself. hug

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I don't know how to change the drop off situation. It works great when my in laws are home, not so great when they are not. Its part of the problem with living in a rural area..

No more visitations for another week... he gets them next Saturday.

Last edited by mehr; 07/16/11 01:55 PM.

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

N
N
Scotty managed ok even with p/u and dropoff at her home, as long as she had the strength to not look out the window. wink

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
S
Yea, I did. And I still do. It's hard not to look out that window, even now. But knowing that her ugly mugg is there too, and I may want to go out and AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh, well, you all get the picture. wink

Mehr, you are still suffering so far out, and I am hurting for you. Just trying to figure out ways to help you heal. I know it takes time, and everyone is different, just want to help. Please, try to think about ways you CAN make your sitch different and better for you.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 47 of 59 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 58 59

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 667 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation