Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
M
OP Offline
M
Does this mean I go to Plan B?

Me: 44
She: 38
Married: 11yrs
Children: 8yo daughter
Length of Affair: 6 weeks PA
Currently Plan A
B
B
Originally Posted by MoveMountains
Originally Posted by black_raven
Pushing her may push her away all together. MM, has your all contact with BW been via email? I was under the impression you two had spoken when the PA was confirmed. Please clarify.

I called her yesterday for the first time even though the PA was confirmed last week (my bad I know). Then there was brief email correspondence.

What was said between you two while on the phone?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
And do not respond to that email.

PEP is right, don't respond to the email. But TELL HER what I said when she gets home. She is trying to scare you.

Did you tell your daughter about the affair yet? Your WW very much needs to hear from your daughter about this affair.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
TELL HER THIS WHEN SHE GETS HOME IF SHE BRINGS THIS UP AGAIN. And if you have any joint accounts, I would RIGHT NOW move that money so she doesn't plunder you. A fogged out wayward is very destructive..

Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Just got this email from her:
"I will sign a lease tomorrow on a place for me. We should consult on a parenting plan."

"I have no interest in a parenting plan and don't intend to allow DD to be removed from her safe home to accommodate your affair."

This is the first volley of THREATS, MM. Let her know you will not cooperate and if this does go to divorce, that you will be filing on grounds of ADULTERY and will be going for primary custody and possession of the house. Let her know that the OM will be named in the suit and will be subpoenaed to court.

You need to paint a very ugly picture if she pursues this path. I view her comment as a SCARE tactic to get you to panic and back down.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Did you tell your daughter about the affair yet? Your WW very much needs to hear from your daughter about this affair.
I'm picking her up from school & telling her today.

Currently Plan A
P
P
Does this mean I go to Plan B?

Not yet.
Too early.

P
P
PS

You are doing GREAT !!!!!!!

Your WW's anger and threats are average. Nothing special.
Just so you know.

B
B
Wow. Lots of stuff hitting the fan. You are in the middle of a shOOtz storm, it will not always be this crazy, keep your chin up.

I know you are making many descisions, most on the fly, but you ARE on the right course,
Expect your WW to be absolutely out of her mind angry with you... you may want to read the exposure link to see what is coming your way.

It sounds crazy, but almost ALL WS give the same threats, tears, standoffs and anger after exposure. Someone has said on this site it is like they all have the same secret playbook they read from.

The more you brace yourself, (please keep in mind the end goal of a recovered M, or a completely recoverd YOU) the less I hope it will hit you.

Good luck.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
M
OP Offline
M

She said she was surprised I hadn't called earlier & I asked what she knew. She said her H is very committed, she was very skeptical and defensive. After I emailed her proof she wanted to see more, etc. Really in a state of denial.

Currently Plan A
M
M
I'm picking her up from school & telling her today.

Perfect. That will prepare her for the sh**storm her mother has brought into her family. And be sure to tell your DD who the OM is. She needs to know who the enemy of her family is. You should encourage her to speak to her mother about her affair. She has every right to get an explanation about why she is doing this to her family. All for a little cheap fun. I assure you, if you don't tell her the truth, your wife will tell her lies.

Will your wife's mother speak to your wife?

Now, are you prepared for when your wife comes home? You should let her know that you will accept nothing less than complete no contact for life even if it means leaving that job.

And PLEASE pick up the phone and call the OMW to make sure she sent that email and not her H. Please verify this.

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
PS

You are doing GREAT !!!!!!!

Your WW's anger and threats are average. Nothing special.
Just so you know.
Thanks!! that helps!

Currently Plan A
S
S
MM, this is very common tactic of the WS to get the BS back off. Don't fall for this. I can't tell you how many times I have read about WSs here packing up only to return hours later.

My sister's WH actually did this after she killed his affair with exposure and he ranted and raged for days that he was *DONE*. They are recovered today.

Hang in there

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
M
OP Offline
M
And PLEASE pick up the phone and call the OMW to make sure she sent that email and not her H. Please verify this.

OK - how about I send her a txt message?

Currently Plan A
M
M

Sure, if that will work!

Exposure 101

M
M
MM, please read Susie's post again. Her sister's wayward husband went crazy and her sister remained calm and did not flinch one bit! He never followed through on his threat to leave and they are fully recovered today!

So do not let her intimidate you one bit! You are doing great!! hurray

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Ok - I'm going to sign off for a bit and go get my daughter. Thanks for the support!!!!!!!!

Currently Plan A
B
B

She said she was surprised I hadn't called earlier & I asked what she knew. She said her H is very committed, she was very skeptical and defensive. After I emailed her proof she wanted to see more, etc. Really in a state of denial.

If she said she was surprised you hadn't called earlier she knows what is going on. SHE was too chicken to call YOU. I see her as a typical BS...trying to keep her sanity and family intact even though her brain is playing twister. It is a terrible place to be.

I have to get going. I would let BW had a little breathing room and concentrate on the school for now. Plus exposure with DD and other family and friends. If you are able to get somewhere with the district, OM and WW (even BW) will be flipping out and throwing each other under the bus, DJs, AOs...you WILL hear from them one way or another. It is unfortunate if BS chooses to bury her head in the sand.

Protect your family. Be strategic...I know it is a lot to do when your life is exploding before your eyes. The more hammers you have out there, the better. You may not have to use them all but know when to strike and how hard to hit.

Good luck to you.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
M

You don't like to use the phone, do you?

I'm just guessing. I don't much like the phone, either.

You might need to use the phone, though, to look a little more assertive.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
T
T
MM,

Just read your thread. It's good to see someone listen to the vets here so well. Keep up the exposure. Make this affair VERY uncomfortable for them.

PROTECT your kid.

PROTECT your money.

SAVE all evidence.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
M
M
If she said she was surprised you hadn't called earlier she knows what is going on. SHE was too chicken to call YOU. I see her as a typical BS...trying to keep her sanity and family intact even though her brain is playing twister. It is a terrible place to be.

I have to get going. I would let BW had a little breathing room and concentrate on the school for now. Plus .

No, she did not know what was going on because the OM had spun the story and minimized this as nothing more than an EA. That is why it is so important to keep her informed and to ensure the OM doesn't intercept his emails. As we noted earlier, the email that supposedly came friom the OMW probably came from the OM. That needs to be verified NOW, not later.

Exposure 101

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 153 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation