Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
OP Offline
S
no more contact now. He wished me the best and said we couldn't talk for my husband and boys and said goodbye

S
OP Offline
S
I told her but they were divorcing. Plus the OM now has a girlfriend who is very involved in his life

S
OP Offline
S
yes I'm honest and no was never her friend. He told me she never liked me and talked negative about me. Since I've told her we've become friends but we are different people who would never be the type to hang out.

I
I
Get your husband on here quickly please. This recovery needs his hand to steer the ship. You are too fogged out from withdrawal.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

I
I
Originally Posted by sunnysunshine
Then I struggled with NC after he moved because it was cold turkey..

Its good that you recognise your feelings for him as addiction and recognise the need for cold turkey. Well done.

I passed him yesterday while he had his back turned and I never said anything.

But this is not cold turkey, is it? Not so well done. You are within sight and sound of your addiction. You did interact. He read your body language. You read his. You were probably getting a kick of adrenaline when this happened. You re-analysed the scene on the way home. It is akin to an alcholic warming some brandy and then sticking his nose over the jar to smell - oh but he didnt drink it, YET.

How can I develope feelings for someone else if married? .

Easy. By allowing it! (You might as well ask how someone becomes obese when they clearly dont really need or want that much food.)

OM says nice things. Its sorta like a bite of cake. Not very important to you, but nice. Breaks up the day. Stops you feeling bored.

OM listens to you. A different cake today. Why not take a bite?

OM seems pleased when you say nice things to him. Cake all over both faces by this point.

Flirting and downright disgustingly inappropriate things about sex are mentioned. In a way you would never have dreamed of on the first day of meeting him. But it keeps the cake coming, GALLONS of it.

After cake with the OM, your real appetite for healthy, tasty food is totally destroyed. After gorging on sugar and icing, you have no real regard for your h's fillet mignon.

By this time you start to notice the effect of your cake gorging. The calories have added up. You are so grotesquely fat you arent you anymore. You cant do the things you used you. You have no energy and are so irritable with everyone.

You thought you could indulge in a little harmless ego-boosting with OM -but you didn't count the calories.

Like calories, love bank units add up until they control you, not the other way around.

If you spent all your time with Hitler, and he was charming and said thngs that made you happy - you would have feelings for him.

The calories of what you DO eat count up no matter what you have in your freezer at home. You are what you eat.

Get it?

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

P
P
yes I'm honest and no was never her friend. He told me she never liked me and talked negative about me. I didn't ask if you were friends...I asked if you were "pretending" (as in presenting yourself) to be her friend. Of course she didn't like you - you were a third person in her marriage. Do you think that she didn't know that?

Since I've told her we've become friends She's actually a nice person isn't she?
but we are different people who would never be the type to hang out. No she doesn't sneak around with other people's husbands.

sunnysunshine. You have some work to do here. Facing the reality of your actions is the first step.

It sounds like you are trying to minimize the whole thing when you keep stating that they are separated. Separated is STILL married. Try inserting married into each place where you have said separated. Doesn't sound so nice anymore does it?

SS, Sometimes the truth will hurt. If you truly want to recover, you will stick with us and face that truth.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

S
OP Offline
S
Nope never pretented to be her friend cuz I never liked her. Right from the start she was cold and mean. She is not a nice person at all. She enjoys being mean and spiteful to people. I've witnessed that from her fb postings. She mentally abused him for years. She's not a believer. I am trying to be friendly with her so I stay off her bad side. Don't jump to conclusions without knowing the facts. She cheated on Her husband 3 times

S
OP Offline
S
Again he is now seeing someone else. They were over a long time ago.

M
M
Nope never pretented to be her friend cuz I never liked her. Right from the start she was cold and mean. She is not a nice person at all. She enjoys being mean and spiteful to people. I've witnessed that from her fb postings. She mentally abused him for years. She's not a believer. I am trying to be friendly with her so I stay off her bad side. Don't jump to conclusions without knowing the facts. She cheated on Her husband 3 times

But you are not in a position to call anyone "mean" or to criticize anyone for cheating. You are having an affair with her husband, after all. That is about as "mean" as it gets.

Can you ask your husband to come here so we can talk to him?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Again he is now seeing someone else. They were over a long time ago.

ARe they divorced?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P

I'd be curious to know what those Facebook posts were all about.

Really? She mentally abused him for years? You lived in their house?

She cheated on her husband 3 times? How do you know this for a fact? Because her husband told you?

How old are you?

skeptical

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
I told her but they were divorcing.

What exactly did you tell OM wife?

K
K
You are either very immature or very young.

MM will say whatever they have to to get their OW to drop her pants. You shouldn't believe what they say, not a word of it.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
P
P
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
skeptical

me too

K
K
"Don't jump to conclusions without knowing the facts"

Okay...so we're just going to do what, tell you that what you are doing is chipper and peachy and all those other bull$@*( things?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

T
T
Still seeing the OM then you are still having contact.

As long as the OMW and kids live next door the OM will be there time to time because of his kids.

So there never will be NC unless you move. NC needs to be for your whole family. That means OM kids and yours need NC as well.

Stop offering manure about how your affair is over when you refuse to move and have NC between both families. rant2

K
K
Yes, move away.

You are an alcoholic who keeps sitting in the bar and thinking what a good job you are doing being sober crazy

S
OP Offline
S
After he left I had to talk to her because our kids play. About the same time he made it official with his now gf. I talked to his wife about the gf and heard some of her side to their problems and told her that he came over and we almost but didn't.

S
OP Offline
S
I'm not immature or young. 30's and ur rude

S
OP Offline
S
U can't drink if he's not searving alcohol anymore now can u

Last edited by sunnysunshine; 09/07/11 05:34 PM.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation