Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
erika07 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
My story was previously on here. Unfortunately, WH found out all of my info and I had to have the thread killed.

I have gotten great advice on here, and I thank you lovely men and ladies out there for helping me walk in the right direction regarding my marriage.

A tiny bit of backstory:
WH cheated with young female airman, I found out, he was supposed to drop her, but wasn't acting or doing anything to show me he really wanted his marriage or family. We separated for 2 months. Of course the affair continued. I moved back home, turned him in (he's military too) and there was supposed to be NC...well, there was. I notified his supers a second time, and now idk what is really going on, but I hope someone can get this all to stop. He is now in trouble for disobeying a direct order (not to have contact with OW.

He has said divorce several times now, and thats bc I called his supers and let them know he is cheating on me, his wife. He found out all of my info and was dumbfounded...he says he cant be married to someone that has done all that I have done.

To be clear, I have:
1. Exposed him to all of our family, my friends, and a few of his friends as well
2. Exposed her, via fb to her family (no responses)
3. Exposed him at work...twice
4. Created a thread on this forum asking for advice and sharing my story in detail
5. Kept track of all the basics (phone records, texts, etc.)

...and he says he cant be married to someone like me, that does the above things...

Lol.

Still gonna stand strong, hoping and praying this man will turn around soon and towards the Lord.

BS-me
1 child

Matthew 5:44 (CEV)
"But I tell you to love your enemies and pray for anyone who mistreats you"
M
M
But officer, it wasn't me who was speeding, it was my car.

Me BW (37)
WH (37)
DD1 6 yrs DD2 2 yr

A man who abandons his wife and children because of his infidelity is no price. I can do better then that, I deserve better then that.

The difficulties and struggles of today are but the price we must pay for the accomplishments and victories of tomorrow

Men must be honest with themselves before they can be honest with others. A man who is not honest with himself presents a hopeless case
C
C
Originally Posted by erika07
My story was previously on here. Unfortunately, WH found out all of my info and I had to have the thread killed.

Glad him finding the site didn't chase you away!

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
M
M
Are you in Plan B?

Me BW 43 / WH 44
2 DS 7 and 4
D day 8-2010
Asked him to leave 9-10
Exposed 11-10
FR 1-2011
Back with OW / In Plan B 2-11
False Recovery Back in Plan B 7-12
Divorced
Better Life in Progress!
E
erika07 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by MFJ1974
But officer, it wasn't me who was speeding, it was my car.

How sad...I got the "you should have left already"
so...its my fault, because I didn't leave, that this continued??
Wow...because I am 3.5 months into this mess and I was trying to work it out, but now it is somehow my fault that this continued...??? Stupid wayward speak

BS-me
1 child

E
erika07 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Thanks, CV, he wasn't ever going to chase me away :-)

Mason, no plan B yet.

And, just an update...I dont know what happened to WH as far as discipline goes. All I know is that he is being disciplined. I forwarded my evidence to his super. Next step that I take, he will be done. No more career for either of them. This wouldn't be a problem if they weren't so doggone stupid.

I just wish some people weren't stupid enough to risk their careers over some rank you know what (OW gave him an STD folks).

BS-me
1 child

M
M
Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, or if you are misunderstanding me, so let me clarify what I mean with the 'officer ....' statement.

(I was struggling with my iPad, so that was all the post it would let me, now I'm on the computer)

I'm on your side! I meant that he is taking NO RESPONSIBILITY for HIS actions, but blames you. ie, blaming the car for speeding, while really it is the drivers fault.

You did nothing wrong. It is NOT your fault, it is total fogbabble and you shouldn't take it serious.

Me BW (37)
WH (37)
DD1 6 yrs DD2 2 yr

A man who abandons his wife and children because of his infidelity is no price. I can do better then that, I deserve better then that.

The difficulties and struggles of today are but the price we must pay for the accomplishments and victories of tomorrow

Men must be honest with themselves before they can be honest with others. A man who is not honest with himself presents a hopeless case
M
M
MFJ - I knew what you mean!!! Stupid Waywards.

Erika - My military WH is identical to yours in terms of behavior. They are entitled, selfish, wannabe bachelors who have lost their minds in addiction.

My suggestion would be to eat him up in court and to Plan B him soon. As the fog starts to lift from his warped alien brain, you will want to be away from him. He may become very nasty.

Unless he shows true remorse soon - I would see a JAG lawyer ASAP to find out what you need to do for protection.

E
erika07 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by MFJ1974
Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, or if you are misunderstanding me, so let me clarify what I mean with the 'officer ....' statement.

(I was struggling with my iPad, so that was all the post it would let me, now I'm on the computer)

I'm on your side! I meant that he is taking NO RESPONSIBILITY for HIS actions, but blames you. ie, blaming the car for speeding, while really it is the drivers fault.

You did nothing wrong. It is NOT your fault, it is total fogbabble and you shouldn't take it serious.

No misunderstanding here, MJ. I understood what you meant.

Edit: Lol, MJ...the post was more of a vent, so I can see where the misunderstanding is. I apologize. My WH gets on my last nerve daily.

Last edited by erika07; 09/28/11 03:36 PM.

BS-me
1 child

E
erika07 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
ok, so here I am, up way too late and its partially because I have too much on my mind.

Have any of you out there just shut down emotionally...did you "go numb" when it came to feelings for your WS? I still love him...okay, even that sounds weird. Whats going on with me?

Sorry, I know Im rambling and its late, but this is bothering me.

BS-me
1 child

R
R
I will always remember the day, a few weeks after I discovered my XWH's affair, and the day after he returned from an out-of-state trip to see her, and a day after he had screamed at me on the phone from his car on the return trip, that I just barely managed to get through work. When I got home and he wanted to talk, I didn't (couldn't) even speak to him. Instead I went into the bedroom and curled up in a fetal position on the bed and stayed there for hours. I think if the house had caught fire I wouldn't have had the wherewithal to get up and get out. I felt emotionally destroyed which manifested itself in how I felt physically as well.

With all of the horrible days that ensued following DDay, this was one of the lowest. It still makes me cringe when I think back on it more than two years later. Not for my actions but because of the blunt realization that the man I had loved all those years no longer existed.

BW (me) - 57
XWH-54
2DSs- 16 and 17
Married 16 years
D-Day - 8/21/09
XWH moved out 10-9-09
Divorce Finalized 11-19-10
XWH moved 4 states away (on 11/22/10) to live with OW.
XWH married OW 1-15-11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 191 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation