Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Z
Z
Make sure you get costumes for the role playing. Like Marv Albert, wearing women's underwear may be one of his turn-ons.

M
M
Originally Posted by Zelmo
Make sure you get costumes for the role playing. Like Marv Albert, wearing women's underwear may be one of his turn-ons.
faint

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
P
P
I just recently had a similar situation. We were at a church dinner (kind of a meet and greet) and this beautiful woman (seriously beautiful long blonde hair to her waist) came and sat down at our table and introduced herself. The table held about 6 people but the others were guests and couldn't speak English, so they were talking to each other.

We talked a little between the three of us and she was very interested in the fact that my husband had graduated from the school of ministry there. "God sent me to sit with you guys." She peppered DH with questions and gushed about how excited she was to be back in church (she is a prodigal).

I had to run outside to the car to get something and I excused myself wondering at the same time if I should leave them alone, and then chiding myself for being paranoid (but hey, I come by that honestly - lol!).

My DH did not let me down. Five minutes later, on my way back from the car, I looked up and he was coming towards me out of the building. Apparently, HE got up as soon as I left the table because HE did not feel comfortable sitting there talking to her.

That's how it's handled. It was up to my DH to keep his EPs in place and he did.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
OP Offline
C
<<< This need is to be filled by you, might you be coming up short with this one????>>>

I know that admiration is one of my DH top EN. It's just so hard for me to constantly fill up his ego all the time. I will admit that I am not good at doing it at all because at times I still resent him for what he did. My DH has become really religious and he bends over backwards for me but I am not so good at this rebuilding thing.

T
T
CB, your post threw up so many red flags when I read it. My DH's affair started in church and just as you are saying, the OW would seek out my DH and flatter him, ask his advice, and show him the attention I should have been showing him. Nothing like a damsel in distress to get a man feeling manly! LOL!

This woman running away when you are around indicates her intentions. Having a talk with her, letting her know you don't trust her is an awesome idea as well as having your DH run away when she comes by. I wish I had trusted my instincts and confronted the OW when I first thought something was going on. I told my husband I didn't want him singing alone with her because I didn't trust her, and he assured me he wouldn't. Little did I know that they were already in an EA heading for a PA. In R, he won't even consider a friendship with another woman for the rest of his life.

ME: 45 FBS
FWH: GloveOil 43
D-Day 1/7/09 (A: 10/08-1/09)
DD: 16
DS: 12
Married: 19 years
In love for 24+ years and counting!
M
M
Originally Posted by Trust_Will_Come
CB, your post threw up so many red flags when I read it. My DH's affair started in church and just as you are saying, the OW would seek out my DH and flatter him, ask his advice, and show him the attention I should have been showing him. Nothing like a damsel in distress to get a man feeling manly! LOL!

This woman running away when you are around indicates her intentions. Having a talk with her, letting her know you don't trust her is an awesome idea as well as having your DH run away when she comes by. I wish I had trusted my instincts and confronted the OW when I first thought something was going on. I told my husband I didn't want him singing alone with her because I didn't trust her, and he assured me he wouldn't. Little did I know that they were already in an EA heading for a PA. In R, he won't even consider a friendship with another woman for the rest of his life.
Nothing is better than hearing it from someone who's been there. Please listen!

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

J
J
Hi cobol girl-

I just wanted to respond to this statement by your FWH

because he knows that he would never cross the line again.

One of the few reasons I was willing to try again with my FXH was because he knew that he WAS capable of crossing that line, since he had done it once before. In addition, he was the one who detailed the extraordinary precautions he felt needed to be in place to protect our relationship.

There is no "never", especially once it has happened. If your H wants to be above board with women at church, I like the approach that Billy Graham had (which my FXH has embraced) to never be with a woman, other than his wife, without another person present. If it was another woman, he made sure the third person WAS his wife.

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

G
G
I agree w/ what someone else said.. your H should grab this one by the horns, not hide behind you. He needs to get in the habit of saving himself, because what if someone else tosses herself his way someday when you're not around?

He can say "Sorry, I need to go" and: Just. Walk. Away. To the coffee-pot, to the men's room, or best of all, to your side, where he can flaunt you in front of her.

It's what I should've done, what I wish I'd done, when this very thing started happening to me one lousy Sunday morning last autumn...

Me: FWH, 50
My BW: Trust_Will_Come, 52, tall, beautiful & heart of gold
DD23, DS19
EA-then-PA Oct'08-Jan'09
Broke it off & confessed to BW (after OW's H found out) Jan.7 2009
Married 25 years & counting.
Grateful for forgiveness. Working to be a better husband.
"I wear the chain I forged in life... I made it link by link, and yard by yard" ~Jacob Marley's ghost, A Christmas Carol
"Do it again & you're out on your [bum]." ~My BW, Jan.7 2009
M
M
Originally Posted by johnstwin
Hi cobol girl-

I just wanted to respond to this statement by your FWH

because he knows that he would never cross the line again.

There is no "never", especially once it has happened. If your H wants to be above board with women at church, I like the approach that Billy Graham had (which my FXH has embraced) to never be with a woman, other than his wife, without another person present. If it was another woman, he made sure the third person WAS his wife.

Yes. One of my requirements as we heal is that FWH is NEVER alone with a woman. Never. That includes off in a corner in a crowded room. That includes standing face-to-face, talking, while other people are nearby but not in hearing range. Unless it's his mom or me, of course. smile

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

F
F
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Yes. One of my requirements as we heal is that FWH is NEVER alone with a woman. Never. That includes off in a corner in a crowded room. That includes standing face-to-face, talking, while other people are nearby but not in hearing range. Unless it's his mom or me, of course. smile
Does this apply to women, and the WW as well? Is what's good for the gander also good for the goose?

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
J
J
Absolutely!!!

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

F
F
Originally Posted by cobol_girl
Thanks for the excellent idea. We will try role-playing. He says that he wants to modify his behavior if it offends me. I am going to try that with my DH. I am also going to talk to the woman. I just want her to know that I know what she is up to. I just hate the fact that she thinks she is so slick. My DH is on board with whatever I decide. He told me that he would talk to her and tell her but I just want to do it for some reason just to let her know that I know if that makes sense.

Better idea if your husband does it. It will get him in the practice. If you have to reinforce it with her later, so be it.

Me: BW,56
Him: WH,57
DD#1 25 yrs ago
DD#2 7 yrs ago
DD#3 May 12
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation