Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 52 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 51 52
M
M
Originally Posted by confusedandtorn
I said the following stipulations:
1. He cannot work in that building. He must work in an alternate location.
2. No contact of any kind. No phone, email, letters, interoffice correspondence (he said this to them to, they said that's fine).
3. I want something informing me that they are aware of the situation in it's entirey. Whether this be a letter, email, a meeting with HR. Whatever.

I would go with him to meet with the HR Director and discuss this together. You can't go by his word alone.

Also - do I let him home? I'm off all day tomorrow also...soooo I will be there if he is there.

How do I behave? Like normal? Make dinner, sit on the couch together, hug?

I have my list of conditions. I gave it to him. He read it at my desk at work.

He is willing to send the letter but thinks its backward that I say no contact and then make him write a letter. But he's doing it so yea.

I would have him write the letter and do all the things on your list BEFORE you allow him to come home, making sure he understands it is not negotiable. You are not asking him if he wants to do those things, you are telling him this is the only way he gets to be with you.

How about giving him another night away from you and tell him to come over tomorrow with his letter and you will review it. He can hand over his cell phone and all of his passwords to emails, etc at that time, AND delete facebook.

That will give you time tonight to install eblaster on his computer. Are you able to afford that? It is about $100 and you can download and install it tonight.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
p.s. I am VERY PROUD OF YOU!!! hurray

LOOK HOW FAR YOU HAVE COME IN TWO SHORT DAYS!! hug

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
Ok well I have to see him to get his computer. I just told him this-he told me I already have both emails (his normal
One and I have his affair one-umm same password real smart). Both are programmed to come to my iPad :-p since weds.

He asked if he brings the letter home can he please come. I tOld him I'll think-I would like to go for a run.

I told him I need to borrow his laptop to pay bills bc my desktop is not Internet working. I can afford 100 but it looks like instant download is 198?

Me: BS 25
Him: WS 24
Dd#1 5 years
dd#2 18months

My story here: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2551691#Post2551691

DDAY 10/30/10 (affair 2/10-10/10)
FR Reveal 10/5/2010 (affair 4/29/11-10/5/11)

Plan A 10/11/11
C
C
..Last weekend, a few days before FR, we where home sick. We where in the kitchen and he began pressing against me, he hoisted me up onto the counter and started making out w me and pushing on me,. He tried to pull down my pants, I said no honey I dont feel good...he kept telling me to bad. Not in a way where hes like "to bad I am going to restrain you' but almost in a way HE thinks is playful. I kept saying no and he picked me up and took me to the couch. He took off my pants and I kept saying babe, common! Im sick. And he put it inside of me. I got angry and pushed back a little and rolled my eyes. he stopped and said sorry. I put on my pants and he said sorry. Do I think this is ok? NO. Am I sure its rape? No not really.

My friend cares for me very much and has been looking at this site, the articles and agrees the advice is good and it probably works in "normal" cases. She asked me "what advice do they give out in response to spousal rape" and "are there people on that site who have had a problem like that and how did they deal with it?" "do they still encourage you to rebuild in an abusive relationship?".

I know this has been emotional abuse and maybe even sexual battering. I am not sure I am comfortable with "rape". I am not fearful that he would hit me or hurt me. I was in a physically abusive relationship before and I walked away. With 3 cracked ribs, but I was a kid. (17). I know physical abuse. However, I do have a hard time admitting something horrible has happened to me. I was molested several years ago by a 40 year old man when I was 17. My WH (who was not my boyfriend yet) was in the room but passed out drunk on the other side. I woke up being touched below by this man. I froze but eventually got up, and moved to the other side of the room. I never have considered that "rape" althoguh my therapist tells me otherwise. So maybe I am skewed. anyway. I wanted to put that info out there.

These are acts from men who are ignorant of romance, and afraid of thier own sexuality. Insecure in the sex department. Probably read to many playboy and hustler fantasys.

Look, sex sells, and there are girls all over the internet advertising that they want them sexually. Its a con game and all they want is power and control. Society and advertising plays on the simple drives of men and women, and makes them think that they can have it all, and we are bombarded with that crap every day.

Woman want to be attractive to all men, and men want to be attractive to all women, and those that aren't are the losers.

Then we have the storys from other men, the fantasys of one night stands, the lies they tell about how "hot" this one is and what they did together, and of course, lets not forget, the fact that mature men ussually think about sex every three minutes, when thier mind is not occupied by something else.

With the way it is capitalised on, it is no surprise that men are aroused so often, and for the wrong(?) reasons.

This is where romantic love comes in, and the boundaries that are nessesary, in a loving relationship. When your husband sees you as special, and one of a kind,(as he gets to know you again through UA time), he will drop the fantasys of forcing himself on you. (Although when YOU FEEL special, you might enjoy his aggressiveness and ownership of your body)

That won't happen as long as he is in an affair, you need to rebuild romantic love, and he has a lot of weight to lift first.

And it will take time, and investment, from him. He will have to be tottally repentant, start treating you as a woman, and with respect for your feelings, which are not like his. He is wired different than you, and you him, in his brain, and in his thoughts. He needs to change them.

Breaking up the affair is just the beginning of your journey into what a marriage is supposed to be. Its about mutual care for each other, and knowing each other, like nobody else on earth.

You have just started on that journey, and acted well also, but there is more work to do yet, and DR H would be the best investment you could make, if you could afford it. I encourage you to look into counselling with him, he is the fastest road to recovery. Of course that goes along with this site, and the support here that will not desert you.

Obviously the 40 yr old man was guilty of "date rape" at the least, and your H needs to cool his jets, because sex doesn't mean intimacy, but intimacy can and does result in sex most of the time. What you need to do is build that again, and he IS capable, if he is willing.

If he is like many men who are in the world, and come here to save thier marriages, he will have to learn to control his thoughts, and think with the right head, and it is possible with the right mindset.

You are a gift to him, not someone he can use at his leisure, and he needs to KNOW this, and you do too. Make him prove it to you again, and let it become the deep relationship it was supposed to be in the first place

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
C
C
But first lets break up the affair fantasy, follow Mels advice.

C
OP Offline
C
Thank you guys.

I would like to know how I'm supposed to behave once he meets my terns. I know no love busters cruelty etc. But do I behave in a normal loving manner? Kisses? Hugs? Time together? Tv? Sex(on my terms)? Our kids are on a field trip tomorrow from 9-9 at least. What do we do? He's on vacation fro
Work per them to draw up our stipulations and I'm off. Do we clean together? Go to lunch together? What should I not do or do do?

I feel I need the phone spyware but it looks to be $349 o.O

Dd#1 5 years
dd#2 18months

My story here: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2551691#Post2551691

Plan A 10/11/11
C
OP Offline
C
Thank you guys.

Dd#1 5 years
dd#2 18months

Plan A 10/11/11
M
M
Ok well I have to see him to get his computer. I just told him this-he told me I already have both emails (his normal
One and I have his affair one-umm same password real smart). Both are programmed to come to my iPad :-p since weds.

He asked if he brings the letter home can he please come. I tOld him I'll think-I would like to go for a run.

I told him I need to borrow his laptop to pay bills bc my desktop is not Internet working. I can afford 100 but it looks like instant download is 198?

No, it's $99. It is right here: http://www.spectorsoft.com/products/eBlaster_Windows/index.asp

Exposure 101

M
M
Thank you guys.

I would like to know how I'm supposed to behave once he meets my terns. I know no love busters cruelty etc. But do I behave in a normal loving manner? Kisses? Hugs? Time together? Tv? Sex(on my terms)? Our kids are on a field trip tomorrow from 9-9 at least. What do we do? He's on vacation fro
Work per them to draw up our stipulations and I'm off. Do we clean together? Go to lunch together? What should I not do or do do?

I feel I need the phone spyware but it looks to be $349 o.O

I would go meet with his HR Director together tomorrow and discuss how this is going to work. And then once he has met, or agrees to meet all your conditions, you can let him come home. But, you need to get his phone, cf!! Exchange phones so she can't get through.

Phone spyware is much cheaper than that. there is an eblaster for phones that is $65 and a cheaper version of flexispy is $149. Eblaster has a GPS on it. grin

Exposure 101

M
M
although our marriage counselor told us to look at it together (as did my OBGYN when I went wondering why I couldnt get aroused).
doh2 We need to start a new thread: "Craziest things to come out of an idiot therapist's mouth." Your OB guy is equally at fault in the idiot department.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M

He needs to DELETE the affair email account and his facebook account. Don't fall for the "i will block the OW" because she can still contact him and he can still see her. And he can unblock her in 2 seconds flat. Just delete it.

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
although our marriage counselor told us to look at it together (as did my OBGYN when I went wondering why I couldnt get aroused).
doh2 We need to start a new thread: "Craziest things to come out of an idiot therapist's mouth." Your OB guy is equally at fault in the idiot department.

They belong with the "therapist" who told her that exposure would "harm" her marriage!!! mad

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
Ok. Fb and gmail being deleted. I have his yahoo. As soon as this screaming baby goes down I'll do his spyware. Since we are both off, I thought we could go to Verizon to have his # changed also

He already agreed to delete those accounts.

Dd#1 5 years
dd#2 18months

Plan A 10/11/11
M
M
Did you ask where their letter of reprimand is? It sounds like they're willing to let you call the shots, and that worries me. It tells me that they aren't dictating squat to WH. Employers don't allow the WH's wife to direct this sort of thing.

How seriously are they taking this? You're not supposed to be letting THEM know the stipulations. THEY'RE supposed to be dictating their stipulations to your WH.

This worries me. think Ask for that letter!

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
Ok. Fb and gmail being deleted. I have his yahoo. As soon as this screaming baby goes down I'll do his spyware. Since we are both off, I thought we could go to Verizon to have his # changed also

He already agreed to delete those accounts.
You haven't said anything about installing spyware to him, have you?

D-Day 2-10-2009

C
OP Offline
C
She sent threats to his email. As did her best guy friend. He brought them to me. Even though I already had em

Dd#1 5 years
dd#2 18months

Plan A 10/11/11
M
M
Ok. Fb and gmail being deleted. I have his yahoo. As soon as this screaming baby goes down I'll do his spyware.

Wanna borrow my paddle?? laugh

Exposure 101

M
M
She sent threats to his email. As did her best guy friend. He brought them to me. Even though I already had em

oooooooh, what did she say? When did she send them?

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
Ill c&p from the computer. She said [censored] is about to go in an irreparable state and the only one she is going after is me.

I'm shaking

No
I did not tell him about spyware! Just that his accts had to be deleted

Dd#1 5 years
dd#2 18months

Plan A 10/11/11
C
OP Offline
C
The guy friend said between you and me it's been a rough year and I just want her to make it through this. He says she's unstable and can't take much more

And the work doesn't seem to be reprimanding

Dd#1 5 years
dd#2 18months

Plan A 10/11/11
Page 14 of 52 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 1,065 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation