Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
M
Plan A is always 'initially' futile, but it leave a memory with the WS of how good things are/could be with the BS so when the affair dies, which it will, and they come out of the fog, THEN the fruits of Plan A are reaped. Without the memories of a good plan A, there is no reason to return.

Me BW (37)
WH (37)
DD1 6 yrs DD2 2 yr

A man who abandons his wife and children because of his infidelity is no price. I can do better then that, I deserve better then that.

The difficulties and struggles of today are but the price we must pay for the accomplishments and victories of tomorrow

Men must be honest with themselves before they can be honest with others. A man who is not honest with himself presents a hopeless case
S
S
Exactly, Plan A is always one sided. And the "negotiation" that takes place is not exactly the one you think it is. The negotiation is more like, "You need to end your A. No contact for life." and if he baulks at it, you remove YOURSELF.

You have some of the best posters on here posting to you. I would suggest that you listen to them. You could also call the radio show, or the counseling center.

You need to expose this to their workplace. You need to expose this to everyone of influence on both WH's and OW's side. Have you told HER parents yet? I know that if one of my children had an A with a married woman, I would kick their butts. And they know it too. In my case, my exposure didn't do much to put pressure on the A, but it brought it out into the open, and it isn't made out to be some great love story. To me, that is important. Expose. Expose NOW.

I also believe that you should get yourself into Plan B, pronto.

Last edited by Scotland; 10/14/11 07:05 AM.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
I
I
No, no. The plan for recovery is jointly followed but Plan A is always one-sided. If it wasnt you wouldnt need Plan A at all

Originally Posted by Maryse
[quote=Pepperband][quote=Maryse]

"In general, a betrayed spouse's effort to encourage the wayward spouse to end the affair should address all the root causes of the affair, and offer a solid plan for marital recovery. It should not be one-sided, however. The RECOVERY
plan should make the wayward spouse and the betrayed spouse equally responsible for following the overall RECOVERY plan."
As I said, rather futile if only one person is interested in giving plan A a shot.....

Plan A is aimed at getting an uninterested wayward interested in following recovery. So it always one sided.

Dr H also says it is usually not enough on its own so it always seems futile. Plan A only sets you up for a successful Plan B most of the time.

When they are missing you, they remember all the calm, loving great stuff you did in Plan A.

Usually betrayed spouses are screaming, depressed wrecks, so Plan A avoids that pitfall and makes better memories for Plan B.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

M
Maryse Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well, then I did Plan A to the best of my ability. Time will tell if any of it worked.

Me, BS, 35
J, WS, 33
12 years together, married 2.
No kids, just cats
D-day 06/30/11
In Plan B

"If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
M
M
[
"In general, a betrayed spouse's effort to encourage the wayward spouse to end the affair should address all the root causes of the affair, and offer a solid plan for marital recovery. It should not be one-sided, however. The plan should make the wayward spouse and the betrayed spouse equally responsible for following the overall plan."

As I said, rather futile if only one person is interested in giving plan A a shot.....

Again, you don't understand Plan A. The quote you posted about it not being one sided is referring to RECOVERY, not Plan A. Plan A is a completely ONE SIDED plan that is used to persuade the WS to end the affair.[offer to meet needs, exposure, etc. which would all obviously be one sided] The quote you posted just above is referring to RECOVERY, hence the preceding notation of: "solid plan for marital recovery" Plan A is one sided, recovery is TWO sided.

If Plan A does not work to kill the affair, then the next step is PLAN B, which is much more than just moving out. It is initiated with a Plan B letter and the designation of an intermediary.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Well, then I did Plan A to the best of my ability. Time will tell if any of it worked.
Plan A doesn't exist in a vacuum, though, Maryse. It's part of a bigger plan. You now need to go to file for divorce and go to Plan B. Do you understand Plan B?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
Maryse Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well, I exposed the affair to his manager and a bunch of his coworkers today, and he is MAD AS HELL.
I destroyed his reputation and his career, and any feelings he still may have had for me.
He called me an unstable, spiteful and despicable person who has lost all rational thought...

Last edited by Maryse; 10/24/11 12:28 PM.

Me, BS, 35
J, WS, 33
No kids, just cats
D-day 06/30/11
In Plan B

S
S
I hope you calmly stated that you will do whatever you need to to save your marriage.

Also, you did NOT ruin his reputation, HE DID, by having an affair.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
J
J
Of course he is mad, just keep telling him you will do what you have to do to save your marriage........
You blew his little secret out of the water......if it was so great why wouldn't he want everyone to know......
Don't worry about what he says, he will spew everything possible to you, he will try to be spiteful and hurtful.......don't listen.....
Just tell him if he wants his OW then he is free to go.......
When he comes to his senses he can talk to you about recovery otherwise you have nothing more to say to him.
Go see your lawyer and find out what your next step will be......
hang in there

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
S
S
Just tell him if he wants his OW then he is free to go.......

I don't believe that this should be said. OW should only be brought up as NC. There shouldn't be any encouraging to go to her. He knows what his choices are.

You CAN tell him that if his affair continues, his actions will lead to a divorce.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
Maryse Offline OP
OP Offline
M
The mood is in now, he's more likely to start divorce proceedings. In fact he told me that he was going to pursue it with urgency after 'the stunt I pulled'...

Last edited by Maryse; 10/24/11 12:26 PM.

Me, BS, 35
J, WS, 33
No kids, just cats
D-day 06/30/11
In Plan B

M
M
They all do and say the same thing, just keep on saying you are doing it to safe your marriage and want NC with OW

Me BW (37)
WH (37)
DD1 6 yrs DD2 2 yr

A man who abandons his wife and children because of his infidelity is no price. I can do better then that, I deserve better then that.

The difficulties and struggles of today are but the price we must pay for the accomplishments and victories of tomorrow

Men must be honest with themselves before they can be honest with others. A man who is not honest with himself presents a hopeless case
M
M
The madder the wayward spouse the more effective the exposure was. Now, watch actions not words and empty threats. He knows you ruined it - you ruined his affair!

Be proud of yourself.

Me (FWH) 44
Mrs_Recon6mo (FWW) 42
Married 22 years
2 Children 20 and 22 years
Last D-Day for me: May 2009
Last D-Day for her: October 2008
M
Maryse Offline OP
OP Offline
M
As far as he's concerned, there is no marriage to save.

Me, BS, 35
J, WS, 33
No kids, just cats
D-day 06/30/11
In Plan B

B
B
Maryse,

That's what they all say - "there is no marriage to save." If he brings up your exposure again, just say if it's something you're ashamed of, you shouldn't be doing it. Add what the others said but do it by babbling back....when he says you ruined his reputation, say, "Yes, I agree you ruined your reputation by having an affair."

J
J
you are right Scotland, I was wrong in saying that.....
just keep asking for no contact with the OW and if he doesn't get it, then you can't stay in the marriage this way...........

BW 56
WH 57
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
M
Maryse Offline OP
OP Offline
M
The pure vitriol he is spouting is totally predictable, and I am not taking it to heart. I am safe in the knowledge that I had to take this step if my marriage has any chance of survival. And if this is 'the real him' as he claims, I am not so sure I want to be married to him anyway.

Last edited by Maryse; 10/24/11 10:12 AM.

Me, BS, 35
J, WS, 33
No kids, just cats
D-day 06/30/11
In Plan B

J
J
You are thinking correctly, just stay calm and just keep saying you will do what you have to so you can save your marriage.............
He will calm down in a day or two, just know that exposure is working if he is angry..........that is exactly what you want, the OW and he are probably fighting about it this minute......
This isn't the real him, this is the fogged out idiot who had an affair.......
stay strong

BW 56
WH 57
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
M
M
Well, I exposed the afffair to his manager and a bunch of his coworkers today, and he is MAD AS HELL.
I destroyed his reputation and his career, and any feelings he still may have had for me.
He called me an unstable, spiteful and dispicible person who has lost all rational thought...
clap Very good, Maryse. Sounds like you scored a direct hit!

Yes, he'll babble all kinds of spew. It's what they do. Waywards just hate to have their little apple carts upset. He'll eventually run out of steam.

Let him ramble on, and remember: YOU are not the cause of his problems at work. HE is. HE had the affair.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
Maryse Offline OP
OP Offline
M
And now he has removed me as his FB friend. How utterly childish...

Me, BS, 35
J, WS, 33
No kids, just cats
D-day 06/30/11
In Plan B

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 446 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation