Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
M
Originally Posted by Maryse
And now he has removed me as his FB friend. How utterly childish...
Oh, dear. I'm afraid the next thing he'll do is take his ball and bat and go home. rotflmao

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

X
Xau Offline
X
Your should take this further and send an exposure letter to the Head of HR , the MD and the Chairman, this should help prevent the line manager ignoring the issue.

M
Maryse Offline OP
OP Offline
M
The organisation he works for is so large the MD won't have a clue who my husband is. But I think enough people know, including HR.

And, according to my WH, the colleagues he spoke to regarding my exposure all agree that what I did it is the action of a despicable, unstable and manipulative person. Yeah right....

Me, BS, 35
J, WS, 33
12 years together, married 2.
No kids, just cats
D-day 06/30/11
In Plan B

"If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
R
R
Of course the collegaues said that
it isn't their marriage.

You can bet your bottom dollar it would be a different opinion if their spouse were cheating!

S
S
He says that his colleagues said that, and even if they did, that was to his face, imagine what they said behind his back.

ALL waywards get mad about exposure(or at least they should). The more mad they are, the better the hit. Sometimes exposure makes the WS wake up, but sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, at least the BS(even me) can know that the "romance" that WS and OP were gonna try to say it was, everyone will know is a lie. That is what is the best and most effective part of exposure.

Did you get ALL of your exposure done now? If not, you need to do that, immediately.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
And, according to my WH,
That's as far as I needed to read. Waywards are liars. Pay no attention to this. Even if his statement really WAS true, YOU know that you (a very stable and capable person) did the right thing.

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
Maryse Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I don't believe his colleagues said anything of the sort, it's just a face-saving exercise.
Not sure he's going to 'wake up' after this, he seems to wallow in his anger.
Anyway, I did what I felt was the right thing to do, and deal with the consequences. Like the mature, stable person I know I am.

Me, BS, 35
J, WS, 33
No kids, just cats
D-day 06/30/11
In Plan B

C
C
Originally Posted by Maryse
Anyway, I did what I felt was the right thing to do, and deal with the consequences. Like the mature, stable person I know I am.
hurray Well done on your exposure Maryse!

So what is your plan now? I hope you are dealing with WH's reaction to exposure in true Plan A style, give him something to remember when things go rotten with OW smirk.

But you are preparing for Plan B right? When are you going to go dark? Plan A should always have a time limit...

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
M
Maryse Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I made an A4 size collage of pictures that represent happy memories, of places we've been, things we enjoyed together, etc.
I'm printing this out on photo paper and will send it to him along with a letter. And then Plan B...

Me, BS, 35
J, WS, 33
No kids, just cats
D-day 06/30/11
In Plan B

M
M
weightlifter

you are a hero!

Me BW (37)
WH (37)
DD1 6 yrs DD2 2 yr

A man who abandons his wife and children because of his infidelity is no price. I can do better then that, I deserve better then that.

The difficulties and struggles of today are but the price we must pay for the accomplishments and victories of tomorrow

Men must be honest with themselves before they can be honest with others. A man who is not honest with himself presents a hopeless case
M
Maryse Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Yeah, that's me; on the barricades fighting for my marriage...
Shame my WH doesn't see it that way :-(

Me, BS, 35
J, WS, 33
No kids, just cats
D-day 06/30/11
In Plan B

M
M
Sooner or later he will, you may or may not still be interested, but reality always sets in at some point, 2 weeks or 20 years from now, he will be confronted with himself. Everywhere he goes, he will still be there. The only way you can deal with problems is to deal with them, not to run away.

Me BW (37)
WH (37)
DD1 6 yrs DD2 2 yr

A man who abandons his wife and children because of his infidelity is no price. I can do better then that, I deserve better then that.

The difficulties and struggles of today are but the price we must pay for the accomplishments and victories of tomorrow

Men must be honest with themselves before they can be honest with others. A man who is not honest with himself presents a hopeless case
M
Maryse Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Oh, and he is running alright!

Me, BS, 35
J, WS, 33
No kids, just cats
D-day 06/30/11
In Plan B

M
Maryse Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I feel myself emotionally checking out of my marriage, just like my WS all those months ago. Though for a rather different reason. I am so sick of having all the blame squarely put at my door, sick of his resentment, his anger and him rewriting our 12 year history.

Is this a normal stage to be going through?

Me, BS, 35
J, WS, 33
No kids, just cats
D-day 06/30/11
In Plan B

M
M
Yes

Me BW (37)
WH (37)
DD1 6 yrs DD2 2 yr

L
L
When are you planning on moving into Plan B? It needs to be soon, before you hate him.

I thought my FWH was a sociopath for a couple of weeks after D-Day. He had done everything except torture small animals as a child. If he not dropped the fog thing quickly, the smartest thing I could have done was to leave.

You will spare yourself a great deal of heartbreak and emotional turmoil if you can move swiftly Plan B. Remember that all your best efforts will go to waste on a wayward. But you will know you gave it your best.

Plan B.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
M
Maryse Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Pretty much in plan B now, haven't heard from him since my evil act of exposure. Hates my guts, wants a divorce.

I don't think I could ever hate him, I can see and (to a point)understand the psycological forces behind his behaviour.
But I refuse to be his whipping boy...

Me, BS, 35
J, WS, 33
No kids, just cats
D-day 06/30/11
In Plan B

L
L
Plan B is definitive action plan whereby you write a Plan B letter to your WH. Here-Plan B Letters blush

Then you cut off all avenues of contact. He must contact you only through your IM.

Many people don't start out hating their WS during Plan B, but over time, their Love Bank balance is slowly drained. If bad behavior continues, the balance goes into the negative. No LB deposits are being made to equalize the withdrawals.

If I had used Plan B years ago when my H first started his Independent Behavior, we both believe our marriage could have been so much better. Instead, I mostly tried my best to be a "good wife," continuing to slog on through years of his independent behavior, dishonesty, and infidelities. Now I look back and realize that I could have saved myself years of misery if I had only known about MB and used Plan B. I was afraid to leave and be on my own. If he had not changed his bad behavior and adopted MB principles as a part of our lifestyle, then the marriage would likely have ended, and I would have moved on without him. If he had, then we would have had a better marriage.

Make a good solid dark Plan B and have some peace from the drama of his anger and adultery.

Last edited by 51CD30; 10/28/11 10:15 AM. Reason: Fixed the link

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
M
M
51, I clicked on 'Here' and it to me to a reply box. Just thought I'd mention that. smile

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
Maryse Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I am already on my own, and certainly no longer afraid thanks to intensive, weekly sessions with a couselor.

As far as the Plan B letter is concerned, 1) I'm pretty sure he either will not read it at all, or read it, sneer at my audacity to profess love for him after exposing his affair to the world, and then rip it up.
And 2) as it my previous post today, I'm not so sure MY heart is still in it. And to me, that is by far the most important thing.
If I have lost motivation to invest in our relationship, and he has not had any interest in our relationship since before Dday, isn't it maybe time to bow out gracefully and concentrate on my own future? Sort of a 'permanent plan B?

Me, BS, 35
J, WS, 33
No kids, just cats
D-day 06/30/11
In Plan B

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 594 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation