Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 107 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 106 107
H
H
It is completely normal for the OM to lie about the status with his wife. It's much easier to dupe the WW into believing that his marriage is horrible than it is to tell her, "Look, I'm married and want to be with my wife but you'll be my f**k buddy as long as it is convenient for me."

That's the reality.

That's why he'll run in the other direction if this affair is exposed and you'll end this affair, but for some reason you won't act. Why?

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I still haven't found the OMW information. The address I found was on the internet and there is no guarantee that it's the right woman and I have no pictures to verify who she is.

If my WW had a relationship with either of her parents or even spoke to them, I would contact them. Her circle is very small and I contacted the people she is close to. No one in her circle is willing to help contact her and ask her to work on the marriage. One of the members here would have a better chance of calling her than the people I spoke of. And they all say that she had the affair because she was unhappy and to take a look at myself to see what part I played in driving her away.

Me: BH 36
Her: WW 34
Kids: D 14, S 12, S 9
DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
Filed for D 10/2011-Papers Served 11/2011
Divorce final May 24, 2012
My Story

M
M
Originally Posted by GJM
I still haven't found the OMW information. The address I found was on the internet and there is no guarantee that it's the right woman and I have no pictures to verify who she is.

I would make this happen TODAY. Get the OM's address and drive over there. Stop putting this off, GJ.

If my WW had a relationship with either of her parents or even spoke to them, I would contact them.

You should contact them regardless of the current state of their relationship. They can be of great help by contacting her. As her parents, they have influence over her. Likely no one can get through to her, but you should not leave a single stone unturned.

You owe it to your boys.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
Her circle is very small...No one in her circle is willing to help contact her...

Two things strike me from this

1 - These apathetic scuzz-balls do not have to actively campaign for your wife to straighten up to be allies in your fight. Just keep telling them the immature and destructive things WW is doing. DISGUST THEM with her infidelities! Keep reminding the ladies that WW is boning ANOTHER WOMAN'S HUSBAND! ("If she'll do that to her husband, maybe....")

2 - This reinforces that the affair is still active. With such a small cadre of support, what are the odds that WW's long-term plan is to reside in a 1 BR apt, in an entry level job, forever? Nope, she's still dreaming of being the next Mrs. POSOM!

Fight dirty, my friend!

H
H
GJM,

MY W has been estranged from her family for years...I still regret not exposing to them.

Her "circle" was small -- an aunt, an uncle, OUR CHILDREN, a few coworkers.

Exposed to OMs family, employers (had NO info on friends, no FB, etc.)

I still think this was a 'limited' exposure...yet, it still killed the affair.

Expose.

H
H
GJM,

$100 to a PI will get you every last bit of information you want on the OM.

Stop making excuses. Start acting. Take action!

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I received an email from her step sister saying that she supports my WW because she would rather see her happy divorced than unhappy in a marriage and I've had 13 years to work it out and it just didn't work. She also said to not involve the kids because she was involved in her parents divorce and it made it that much more painful for her because she was dealing with her own emotions of being a teenager.

Then I received a text from WW saying to stop involving her friends and family and that I was doing more damage than good. That I was also pushing her away further. I found a guy in admin to look up information for me so I can contact POSOMW. He said I should have it this afternoon.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

M
M
GJM, when will you finish the exposures? And when will you be exposing to your children?

I am sorry the step sister is retarded and doesnt care about your wife but that is ok. You will get those kinds of reactions.

I found a guy in admin to look up information for me so I can contact POSOMW. He said I should have it this afternoon.

Good man!! hurray I would plan on exposing the affair to your kids too. GEt that done so they understand what is happening.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
C
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
GJM, when will you finish the exposures? And when will you be exposing to your children?

I am sorry the step sister is retarded and doesnt care about your wife but that is ok. You will get those kinds of reactions.

I found a guy in admin to look up information for me so I can contact POSOMW. He said I should have it this afternoon.

Good man!! hurray I would plan on exposing the affair to your kids too. GEt that done so they understand what is happening.

Totally agree with Mel here!

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
H
H
GJM,

She might try to get to your kids before you do. Expose ASAP before she tells them, "Your father has gone nuts. He thinks I'm having an affair and might come to you telling you so. It's a lie and he's just controlling and jealous."

Call them!

H
H
Her family might be a lost cause. Expose anyway.

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I'm hoping to finish exposure tonight. I know she will try to keep the kids and since I don't have a court order, she would be within the law. Right?

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by helpthelostdads
I did, but you're right. Lost cause.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

M
M
I received an email from her step sister saying that she supports my WW because she would rather see her happy divorced than unhappy in a marriage and I've had 13 years to work it out and it just didn't work. She also said to not involve the kids because she was involved in her parents divorce and it made it that much more painful for her because she was dealing with her own emotions of being a teenager.
Keep one thing firmly in mind, GJM: the goal of exposure is NOT to educate anyone or to accept criticism from them. It is intended to target anyone who can be instrumental in helping you influence WW to end her affair. Obviously her step-sister is ignorant in what it takes to end affairs, and that's okay. It wasn't your mission to educate her, just to expose the A to her.

Her ignorance is doubly obvious by her comment about not involving the kids. They are already involved because they're your kids! This is their mother! More than anyone else, they have the right to know what is happening in their family's life! 'Don't tell the kids'...that always kills me, it's so idiotic. The chance is good that one of step-sister's parents was involved in an affair and they kept it a secret from her. Maybe her emotions wouldn't have been so 'painful' if she had known what was really going on in her life.

Let us know right away when you've exposed to OMW. Good job figuring out how to find her!

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
Originally Posted by GJM
I'm hoping to finish exposure tonight. I know she will try to keep the kids and since I don't have a court order, she would be within the law. Right?
There's nothing illegal about her having her own children with her. And the same goes for you.

Where are they now? You should get them home with you and expose the A before she has a chance to spin this. She's got relatives who have likely told her that you are exposing the A. You'll want to talk to the kids before she does.

Chop-chop on calling OMW, too. If your WW figures out what you're doing, she'll call OM and warn him. He'll have time to spin the A to his wife, as well.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
Originally Posted by GJM

You would be within the law to keep the kids and since she doesn't have a court order you would be within the law. I would keep the boys and only let her have day visits.

Do you have a PLAN to visit wtih the OMW?

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by GJM
Originally Posted by helpthelostdads
I did, but you're right. Lost cause.

HER PARENTS!! One retarded step sister does not make a lost cause. You haven't exposed to her family.

Exposure 101

H
H
One of the dirty tricks women play is that they take the kids to another state and then file diovorce papers there, forcing the man to fight a long distance custody battle. This is why it is important to have your legal ducks ready just in case.

If she does such a thing, file an emergency order.

M
M
1. the OMW

2. her parents

3. your children

4. the OM's commander

Exposure 101

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by GJM

You would be within the law to keep the kids and since she doesn't have a court order you would be within the law. I would keep the boys and only let her have day visits.

Do you have a PLAN to visit wtih the OMW?

Yes I plan to visit the OMW. The kids are in school right now. I take them and she picks them up.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

Page 12 of 107 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 106 107

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 301 guests, and 112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation