Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 107 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 106 107
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by GJM
Originally Posted by helpthelostdads
Her family might be a lost cause. Expose anyway.
I did, but you're right. Lost cause.

HER PARENTS!! One retarded step sister does not make a lost cause. You haven't exposed to her family.

I told her mom, sister, step sister, BIL and friends. Don't know where FIL is. WW broke contact with him in 2003. MIL wouldn't take my call so I had to message her. She left a voicemail on my son's phone saying to get out of there (thinking its my WW phone) and that I was scary. My son heard the message. MIL was a promiscuous woman as well. Very bad example to WW and her sisters.

Me: BH 36
Her: WW 34
Kids: D 14, S 12, S 9
DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
Filed for D 10/2011-Papers Served 11/2011
Divorce final May 24, 2012
My Story

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
WW just came to my house to pick up DS (8) and he didn't want to leave. WW said she was furious because that was her family and why would they help me. She also said that what was my thought process. I said to get some support for her to work on the marriage. She said this is between us not anyone else. She also said to leave her family out of it.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

M
M
Originally Posted by GJM
WW just came to my house to pick up DS (8) and he didn't want to leave. WW said she was furious because that was her family and why would they help me. She also said that what was my thought process. I said to get some support for her to work on the marriage. She said this is between us not anyone else. She also said to leave her family out of it.

That is great!

Ok, so what is the plan to tell the OMW? Are you doing that today? And what about the boys?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by GJM

Babble. Disregard this. She wasn't asking questions, expecting to learn anything. She was jumping on you for not keeping her little secret.

Good for your son, for not wanting to go with her! Please tell me you kept him with you. And please tell me you've told him the truth about what is going on with his family.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I'm waiting for the info on the OMW. We had to be secret about it. And I did keep my DS. My other DS and DD will be here in about an hour. WW left here very mad. She looks worn down. She won't show any emotions though (except anger) so I've gotten control over mine as well. When she left I told her I did it for us and I love her. Not in a begging way of course. I said it matter-of-factly.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

M
M
Originally Posted by GJM
I'm waiting for the info on the OMW. We had to be secret about it. And I did keep my DS. My other DS and DD will be here in about an hour. WW left here very mad. She looks worn down. She won't show any emotions though (except anger) so I've gotten control over mine as well. When she left I told her I did it for us and I love her. Not in a begging way of course. I said it matter-of-factly.

Good job! Just stay with the mission. Even though her family members don't care about her, you did cause conflict in the affair. Now she won't be able to lie to everyone and blame the affair on you. You put her on the defensive by forcing her to explain herself to others.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
R
Between you and her

and

the OM and his wife and your kids and their kids and so on and so on and so on.

There is a saying that fits so well

"You can choose the actions but you can't choose the consequences".
People can choose to cheat on their spouses but they don't get to choose what the spouse does when they find out about it.

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by reading
Between you and her

and

the OM and his wife and your kids and their kids and so on and so on and so on.

There is a saying that fits so well

"You can choose the actions but you can't choose the consequences".
People can choose to cheat on their spouses but they don't get to choose what the spouse does when they find out about it.

Very true.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

M
M
What do you and the children plan on doing for Thanksgiving?

Exposure 101

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
We're going to make dinner here and spend the day together.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

M
M
smile

Exposure 101

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
So I went to my appointment today. Why do therapists condone separations when there is no abuse? I'm sure I don't have to explain how it went.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

M
M
Originally Posted by GJM
So I went to my appointment today. Why do therapists condone separations when there is no abuse? I'm sure I don't have to explain how it went.

You don't have to explain. We know.... frown

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by GJM
Sigh. Please tell us you didn't spend too much on that.

D-Day 2-10-2009

H
H
Here's what I'd tell him, "You can't fix a marriage while separated. That's like a surgeon trying to fix your heart through telepathy.....in another hospital.....across town."

C
C
Originally Posted by helpthelostdads
Here's what I'd tell him, "You can't fix a marriage while separated. That's like a surgeon trying to fix your heart through telepathy.....in another hospital.....across town."
Good analogy HTLD, I would love to see the reaction to that.

I was actually saying to a friend today how bad some IC's are... the first one I went to after D Day told me I needed to "move on" or I would likely "get sick... maybe cancer". So I had just been stabbed in the back by the person I trusted most, was still lying bleeding on the floor, but my main concern should be about possibly developing cancer crazy

If I ever get a shot at and still want recovery, I will be first on the phone to the Harley's. If I can't afford it, I'd rather go it alone with the Harley books. I just don't think I'd take the chance with some two-bit counsellor that would likely buy into WH's foggy head-up-his-butt comments.

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Basically, the therapist validated her infidelity because she was unhappy. Instead of accepting responsibility for her actions, now she feels she was justified in what she did. If it was a homicide, she would have gotten convicted for murder and conspiracy to commit murder.

Anyway, she came to pick up my DS and he was crying so much to stay. He was screaming don't make me leave daddy. I was crushed. I had to let him go and I just told him to be strong because he is a big boy and I would see him tomorrow. I know some of you are saying I should have kept him or not made him go. If I would have made a scene about it, the conflict would have gotten worse and it would have become a tug of war. Of course she texted me later and said I could have done more instead of just standing there. She said that I made her look like the bad guy and so be it then. I asked her if she was blaming me for her being the bad guy and she said nope.

I called my DS and told him that I love him and I was sorry for him having to leave. He then called me before bed and was in a real good mood. She bribed him with something of course. He almost told me, but I didn't want to push. I'll find out later like always.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

C
C
Originally Posted by GJM
Basically, the therapist validated her infidelity because she was unhappy. Instead of accepting responsibility for her actions, now she feels she was justified in what she did. If it was a homicide, she would have gotten convicted for murder and conspiracy to commit murder.

Luckily the Courts don't tolerate "But I was unhappy" as a line of defence. Imagine that. The serial killer uses the defence "But I was unhappy, and murdering innocents made me feel better".

Please don't pay that therapist any more money.

Originally Posted by GJM
Of course she texted me later and said I could have done more instead of just standing there. She said that I made her look like the bad guy and so be it then. I asked her if she was blaming me for her being the bad guy and she said nope.

Grrr, waywards! I really feel for you GJM, and your DS. Adultery really hurts the innocents. I know you are aware she is blameshifting, it is easier for her to make out that you are making it difficult on DS than accept it is her decisions and actions that have caused this. Her waywardness is what is really hurting your DS. Be there for him, be honest and don't let him feel caught in the middle. Sorry, not sure how old he is?

You're still in Plan A right? If so, Plan A your WW and your kids. Showing you are a great father will likely resonate somewhere in WW, under all of that fog.

What are your plans while WW has DS? I hope you are going to do something nice for you.

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
M
M
Basically, the therapist validated her infidelity because she was unhappy. Instead of accepting responsibility for her actions, now she feels she was justified in what she did.
This is EXACTLY why we do not recommend MC when there is an active affair!!

faint

D-Day 2-10-2009

G
G
GJM,

Basically, the therapist validated her infidelity because she was unhappy

They seem very good at throwing drowning people anchors, and then billing them for the service.

God Bless
Gamma

Page 13 of 107 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 106 107

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 405 guests, and 98 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation