Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 107 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 106 107
H
H
Man I know how you are feeling. Right now keep being that good example for your kids. Keep being a good Father. Keep God close and let him carry you. He is stronger than we are. You know what you have done is right. You will be able to say with pride you did the right thing no matter what.

M
M
Originally Posted by GJM
I didn't back down or apologize for what I did. The OMW had him on speaker phone and was yelling at him and catching his lies. She told him that he doesn't have the right to say who I could call and who I couldn't. And that those two messed up not us. Sad part is, in the end, she will work it out with him. I'm afraid I lost my WW. I stood my ground as she left, but inside I was dying.

GJM, please listen to me. You had already lost her. She was gone yesterday. She left to carry on her affair with the OM. You have now RUINED that plan. You have ruined any hope of their affair. You have more of a chance TODAY than you did yesterday. So, don't despair.

Have you been able to give the OMW the evidence you have of the affair so the OM cannot deny it? What does the OMW know about the affair?

Please pull yourself together, my friend. You have a better chance today of saving your marriage than you did yesterday. You did good!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by helpthelostdads
Bud, she wasn't wearing those rings when she was with OM. She gave those up a long time ago.

But I know things hurt.

The challenge for you is to make sure the A is dead. That will take working with OMW and following up.

Like I said, I think OM will run in the other direction. The affair may still be on in your WW's head, but my gut tells me that the combination of military factors, sport screw that your WW was to OM, and the OMW's knowledge of the affair will all combine to have him dump your WW.

Helpfordad's situation comes to mind right now. His WW was incredulous that OM dumped her and ran away. She thought it all meant so much more to him. Wasn't the case.

I predict that in this situation.

Everyone keep in mind that the miltary factor in all of this is a very powerful thing.

You're right. He is very scared of losing his career. He was telling his W that there goes his promotion and he has a lot of pressure on him now. She had him on speaker phone with me on a different line.

Me: BH 36
Her: WW 34
Kids: D 14, S 12, S 9
DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
Filed for D 10/2011-Papers Served 11/2011
Divorce final May 24, 2012
My Story

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G

Have you been able to give the OMW the evidence you have of the affair so the OM cannot deny it? What does the OMW know about the affair? Yes, but she had her own evidence also. We just put the puzzle together. She caught him at a hotel, but no one was there. He tried to say it was for his buddy. He also admitted to her that he cheated. He said she didn't mean anything and she was just something to do. My WW told the OMW that he was just a F***. Makes me wonder why I'm trying to save this marriage.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

S
S
((((((GJM))))))))

Here is a major hug from you. I know you are down. Sucks.

Ya know what's going to help you? I PROMISE?

Go back up a bit and read HelpFTLD, NG, and every other posts to you in the last few hours. What WILL help (trust here...experience speaking from many, many other folks here) is to have a plan.

My friend, there is nothing worse than feeling like you are not in control of your own life and future. Ask anyone diagnosed with an illness. Control of yourself (not others) = a path and plan to happiness. You must now take control of your life.

Got that? That's not a random "feel good" statement. That is a demand of you to do right now what you should do to protect your family.

Defining your own life will bring peace, and you need to define RIGHT NOW in exact terms what your life will be. That means, I will not be a doormat and have a wife banging some dude in my life.

Crude?

Yes, but factual.

M
M
GJ, I don't know if your marriage can be saved, but what you did today pushed you further towards that goal. There is more hope today than there was yesterday.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H
It all depends. He'll be in damage control mode now which means ending all contact with your WW. This is fantastic.

Look, the military needs overwhelming evidence of an affair in order to pursue it legally. So the emails you have help, but they may not be enough. Regardless, the chain of command isn't stupid.

Is he an officer? Are you?

I don't know how the rules on this applies to enlisted, which is why I ask.

Sometimes, if a soldier (or Marine in your case) is a respected soldier and good at what he does, the chain may look to scare the crap out of him and threaten him with escalation if things don't stop.

That might be enough. It helps if your own chain is onboard and applying pressure. Personally I'd pursue it and see that they don't just sweep this under the rug.

But regardless, he'll want to save his own butt and will drop WW.

Like Melody says, you have a better chance today, after what you did, than you did yesterday.

You've isolated your WW and that's good.

Question for you: Does WW have many female friends or is much of a social person?

I ask because my ex had, and still doesn't have, many friends of her own. I consider such a thing a red flag in a woman.

Just wondering if yours is like this or not. This could be indicative of your chances for saving things.

H
H
Hmmmm. I just caught the whole thing about OM being just a f*** for your WW.

That is a very bad sign, in my opinion.

There may be a lot more at play with your WW in terms of boundaries, social issues, mental health, etc.

S
S
"Hmmmm. I just caught the whole thing about OM being just a f*** for your WW."

Don't they all/often say that when busted? OP thrown right under the bus as just a f---?

Hear that, G? Stick to the plan!

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
You hit the nail on the head. She doesn't have many friends. She never was a social person like me. She keeps to herself. I tried to introduce her to other wives throughout our marriage. I believe there are deeper issues within her that only she will be able to sort out.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

M
M
Originally Posted by Surfer88

Don't they all/often say that when busted? OP thrown right under the bus as just a f---?

Agree, Surfer. Most waywards make this claim when caught red handed. The other person "meant nothing.." blah, blah, blah,.....

Exposure 101

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
((((((GJM))))))))

Here is a major hug from you

Thank you smile

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

H
H
GJM,

I may be waaaay off base here, but ask you this question for a specific reason:

Did your wife ever suffer from any kind of abuse as a child?

I found out AFTER my D, that my WXW was abused as a child. I did a little research and suddenly a lot of things made sense. I finally understood the distrust towards strangers, the awkwardness in some of our interactions with other couples, the lack of social graces, and the absence of female friends.

My ex did make some friends, but she discards friends very easily and doesn't keep in touch. The friendships are often very shallow.

I share this with you because IF this is one of the problems with your WW, then the issues are much deeper than just an affair.

That's a long term thing to look at down the line. But if you do ever set out on the road to recovery you'll have to deal with this issue.

But, like I said, I didn't find out this MAJOR secret until after my D from my WXW and the research I did on the subject was extremely revealing and tons of things made sense at that point.

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
There was abuse from her mom and she had no father around. But you know what? I was abused and had no parents around. I know everyone is different, but I can see your point.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
And it's funny because I recognized these things and offered counseling to her, but it was coming from me so she took it as an insult.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

X
Xau Offline
X
Did you expose to your daughter ?

Last edited by Xau; 11/19/11 07:53 AM.
C
C
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Lol.. yeah it seems to be true. My wife was the one thrown under the bus. When I caught them, he had dropped her off to face the music on her own... I missed catching him by seconds... (probably a good thing that day). He then told his wife that my W was just a F.

Mine on the otherhand struggled with the idea that she was using him for the same reason and didn't want to admit that really was just what it was. I think this happens to nearly everyone who goes through an A.

cv

Agree, Surfer. Most waywards make this claim when caught red handed. The other person "meant nothing.." blah, blah, blah,.....

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
C
C
Originally Posted by helpthelostdads
GJM,

I may be waaaay off base here, but ask you this question for a specific reason:

Did your wife ever suffer from any kind of abuse as a child?

I found out AFTER my D, that my WXW was abused as a child. I did a little research and suddenly a lot of things made sense. I finally understood the distrust towards strangers, the awkwardness in some of our interactions with other couples, the lack of social graces, and the absence of female friends.

My ex did make some friends, but she discards friends very easily and doesn't keep in touch. The friendships are often very shallow.

I share this with you because IF this is one of the problems with your WW, then the issues are much deeper than just an affair.

That's a long term thing to look at down the line. But if you do ever set out on the road to recovery you'll have to deal with this issue.

But, like I said, I didn't find out this MAJOR secret until after my D from my WXW and the research I did on the subject was extremely revealing and tons of things made sense at that point.

I wouldn't spend a whole lot of time on that. It is important to recognize it as a possible contributing factor, recognize it and move towards building healthy boundaries that prevent future A's.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Should I not contact her? She hates my guts right now anyway. When I told my DD last night, she didn't really say anything, but for the first time in a very long time, she hugged me.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

M
M
Originally Posted by GJM
Should I not contact her? She hates my guts right now anyway. When I told my DD last night, she didn't really say anything, but for the first time in a very long time, she hugged me.

I would be real careful right now to AVOID coming across as begging, needy or pleading. A wayward spouse will use such reactions to maintain control of you. Your wife is very manipulative and sneaky and you can't allow her to control you anymore.

I would back off a little until things die down. And I would encourage you to start keeping us informed about the sitution. Your vagueness is making it almost impossible to help you. I can't help you if I don't understand what is going on. You have to keep us in the loop here and I have felt like I am pulling teeth just to get basic facts. I really want to help you, but I need you to be more forthcoming to do that.

Exposure 101

Page 17 of 107 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 106 107

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 597 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation