Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
L
OP Offline
L
I don't know if I have point blank asked but shouldn't the hurt he is causing by not doing it and his love for me be enough motivation?

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
3 D-Days from 12/25/10 to 01/06/11
NC - 01/09/11
02/20/12 done beating my head on that wall.
C
C
Originally Posted by LuvsDavid
I don't know if I have point blank asked but shouldn't the hurt he is causing by not doing it and his love for me be enough motivation?

Well, yes. It should be, but one thing I have seen in several FWS' is that they are often gripped with inaction because of fear of messing up.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
L
OP Offline
L
I guess looking back I have been gasslighted for awhile to the point of just letting things go. For example last night when he said he thought he was doing good and asked me what he was doing wrong I pointed out that there were several calls on his phone that he didn't tell me about and they are not numbers that I know. One of his EPs was to tell me without having to ask. His response (not in anger) "im about ready to just say I don't need a phone".

Anything that I complain about gets blown way out of proportions that I just learned not to complain.

Also anoither ep that papa bear worked hard on him with was how to comfort me when I get upset like I was last night. He was supposed to hold me and comfort me..... instead I sat in the bathroom floor sobbing for 30 mins untill I pulled it together and went to bed. I had upset and hurt him by posting my disappointment.

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
NC - 01/09/11
C
C
I guess looking back I have been gasslighted for awhile to the point of just letting things go. For example last night when he said he thought he was doing good and asked me what he was doing wrong I pointed out that there were several calls on his phone that he didn't tell me about and they are not numbers that I know. One of his EPs was to tell me without having to ask. His response (not in anger) "im about ready to just say I don't need a phone".

Anything that I complain about gets blown way out of proportions that I just learned not to complain.

Also anoither ep that papa bear worked hard on him with was how to comfort me when I get upset like I was last night. He was supposed to hold me and comfort me..... instead I sat in the bathroom floor sobbing for 30 mins untill I pulled it together and went to bed. I had upset and hurt him by posting my disappointment.

Ah. Ok. So he is relaxing in his EP's and filling your ENs. I am assuming you have reminded him of the non-negotiables, here.

Maybe removing the phone all together is what's needed for a while.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
L
OP Offline
L
Yes. He said he didn't realize he was supposed to print out the EPs since I was going over them with them while papa bear. I was pointing out certain points in what papa bear was saying but untill I brought it back up with my list he had not even put them all together so in order for him to even review them he would have had to weed through several posts back and forth.

I told him that list was for him to review and implement daily. Not just so he could say he did the list.

He missed the whole point of the EPs list.

Im wondering about the online courses but im already behind on my house and car so im afraid it will be like all the other programs and he will get 1/2 through and stop and I would be that much worst off.

We life a very simple life where 1000 pays for house and car for a month.

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
NC - 01/09/11
H
H
I had upset and hurt him by posting my disappointment.

If dtl cannot handle you venting on this forum, a safe alternative to directly blasting him yourself, then he needs to stop reading your thread. It really is that simple!

He doesn't have to be dramatic...

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
L
OP Offline
L
CV, Ok tattle tail here.

he still has several things on that list to do first.

He has given me the list of EPs he and boxed up the R/C stuff so far. I thought it was a pretty simple list and most of it was already thought of but not put on paper. I guess I was wrong.

I compromised on boxing the stuff up because honestly his inactions are telling me that it wont matter later because he is not really wanting to stick around long and can go back to it later after im gone.

I don't know if hat is a valid feeling but it is there. You guys see it because you have called him on it. That is where im getting that he is a renter. I could be wrong but actions speak louder than words.

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
NC - 01/09/11
C
C
CV, Ok tattle tail here.

he still has several things on that list to do first.

He has given me the list of EPs he and boxed up the R/C stuff so far. I thought it was a pretty simple list and most of it was already thought of but not put on paper. I guess I was wrong.

I compromised on boxing the stuff up because honestly his inactions are telling me that it wont matter later because he is not really wanting to stick around long and can go back to it later after im gone.

I don't know if hat is a valid feeling but it is there. You guys see it because you have called him on it. That is where im getting that he is a renter. I could be wrong but actions speak louder than words.

One thing I've noticed is that there is often the real answer and the right answer.

The right answer is "I want to recover", but the real answer is what's deep down in the heart. What he is really feeling about recovery and this I think sometimes also affects progress.

That may sound to psychologist-ish, but I guess essentially I'm saying that I'd ask him if he is "really" interested in recovery or if he's just biding his time.

He stated that he wants to recover, but I am not sure we have asked DTL what he thinks that looks like.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
L
OP Offline
L
Good question, I've often asked him in the past if he really loved me or if it was just "convenient".

I thought it was always just my insecurity but I might be getting the vibes from somewhere. I just dont know.

Like I said, I've asked before and he always tells me that it is because he loves me but it has always just been the feeling.

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
NC - 01/09/11
C
C
Im wondering about the online courses but im already behind on my house and car so im afraid it will be like all the other programs and he will get 1/2 through and stop and I would be that much worst off.

BTW, I gotta admit a little jealousy of you guys being able to live simply like this. It's what we are working towards. smile

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
C
C
Good question, I've often asked him in the past if he really loved me or if it was just "convenient".

I thought it was always just my insecurity but I might be getting the vibes from somewhere. I just dont know.

Like I said, I've asked before and he always tells me that it is because he loves me but it has always just been the feeling.

love is always followed by action.

Like in the Bible...

The "thing" (love), is always coupled with love, the action. Like in John where Jesus is asking Peter...

"are you loving me" (it is a present active verb)...

If so, "then feed.."

In other words, if you have love, you are "loving", if you are loving, then your love has actions. In Peter's case, Jesus is telling him If there is love there, then your loving will be seen in what you are doing. (sorry if I sound "preachey" here)

In other words, to put it into music terms (I like Boston)... Yes it is a feeling, but... "it's more than a feeling". It is also action.

See as I understand it, it has to be both. At least biblically. Feelings without substance are shallow and empty. Actions build substance because you invest in them (mentally, emotionally, physically). The real feelings of love come as a result of the actions, because they vest you in it, and I think this is the crux of the problem.

cv

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by celticvoyager

BTW, I gotta admit a little jealousy of you guys being able to live simply like this. It's what we are working towards. smile

Its not much of a choice as that is all we can afford. We live in North GA so the cost of living is not that much. So like someone in CA might look at 995.00 as "hey thats my car payment" or something like that. Here it is car and house together. The ratio is much higher. Makes 995 look like MUCH more money.

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
NC - 01/09/11
C
C
((((hugs luvs)))

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
final truths 5/8-- all of them poly confirmed 5/18
working the plan

C
C
Originally Posted by celticvoyager

I understand. We're in northern VA and the cost of living is sky high. Course having 3 teenagers isn't helping us either!

CV

Its not much of a choice as that is all we can afford. We live in North GA so the cost of living is not that much. So like someone in CA might look at 995.00 as "hey thats my car payment" or something like that. Here it is car and house together. The ratio is much higher. Makes 995 look like MUCH more money.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
L
OP Offline
L
Ok, I feel so bad. I'm shut down becuase my mother died in her sleep last night. David is doing everything he can to try to help me but I just have no feelings at all. I'm not sure if it is shock or my meds not letting me feel what I should but I'm just a zombie. He is trying so hard and I see it but I just cant feel it.

Mostly just blogging this. Not really sure if something can be done about it. Just cant explain it.

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
NC - 01/09/11
C
C
Ok, I feel so bad. I'm shut down becuase my mother died in her sleep last night. David is doing everything he can to try to help me but I just have no feelings at all. I'm not sure if it is shock or my meds not letting me feel what I should but I'm just a zombie. He is trying so hard and I see it but I just cant feel it.

Mostly just blogging this. Not really sure if something can be done about it. Just cant explain it.

You just received another devastating blow. Shock is normal. It's going to take time Luvs. Hey, you and DTL and your whole family are in our prayers, ok?

Death isn't normal. It hurts because it's *not* natural. It is a result of the fall. It is one of the reasons why we so eagerly await the redemption of these frail bodies.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
C
C
luvs

i am so sorry for your loss. you have had a tough year. let david take care of you now. my thoughts and prayers are with you.

unfortunately i know what you are feeling or not. i was the same way after my mom died for a bit. just a blank in zombie land. just complete shock. go easy on yourself.

hugs to you

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
final truths 5/8-- all of them poly confirmed 5/18
working the plan

L
OP Offline
L
Yea I think im going to boycott december next year. Anti-versaries, death, ect. Im done with this month. This is the month the A happened last year then all this going on this year.

I had said I wanted christmas to be special this year so I could replace last year with happy memories but fate was not going to let me have it.

Christmas in July anyone?

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
NC - 01/09/11
S
S
I'm so sorry, LD, for the loss of your mom! My prayers are with you and your family. It's hard at any time of the year but especially at Christmas and with everything else you have had to deal with.

Please take care of yourself. I don't blame you for thinking of Christmas in July.

frown

"The #1 reason why people give up so quickly is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, rather than how far they've gotten."

Me, FBW(46) H, FWH (43)
M - 21 yrs & counting
D (20)
S (18)
S (16)
Surviving and Thriving since November 2010 thanks to MB!
My Recovery Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2538986#Post2538986
My Original Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2457141&page=1

L
OP Offline
L
Last night was the anti-versary of the night he lied to me where he was going and spent the night with her.

I took a sleeping pill hoping to get a good nights sleep but all it did was lock me in the nightmares all night long. today starts my week of Hel:.

I just hope I can get through it. With Momma gone and I'm putting on a face for my stepdad it is hard.

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
NC - 01/09/11
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 479 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation