Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 43 of 107 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 106 107
S
S
Originally Posted by GJM
Originally Posted by reading
Stepping up your game:

Wink at her
Tell her she looks gorgeous
Tell her she smells good

Look into her eyes and let her look away. Look deep. Slight, slight smile on your face.

Hold doors open for her.

Offer to lift things for her.

Not all at once, but during time you spend with her.

And, no, exposure will not keep her from coming back to bond.....she has a lot of mental work to do, caused by her affair more than anything that was an issue in the marriage. and that is what will keep her away until she gets on the right road. You can't make her do the work but you can be an inviting and attractive place to come to if she is in the right place in her mind.

Thank you, this helps. I am doing these things. I just want to make sure I'm on the right track.

It is probably blowing her mind especially coupled with your latest exposure to OM's job/military and his BW. I think you put a real dent in their affair fantasy. It is probably helping her defog and be able to see her BH for the man he is and is capable of being.

I
I
Originally Posted by GJM
I'm all over it. Some days I just feel like it's useless because I don't get a real response out of her. I know that waywards usually act this way. I just needed reassurance. Thanks.

They are pesky blighters. I dont know if WWs are like WHs in Plan A, but I would look for the 'guilt pull'. The guilt pull is when you do something nice, expression of guilt pulls down on their face, then they pull away.

The guilt pull means you are hitting the right nerve. Plus guilt is your friend. Its the person inside trying to get out of the wayward.

I have a feeling WWs are a bit... angrier though. I am not sure why. Just a feeling.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

S
S
Just remember, NO EXPECTATIONS. If she reacts in one way, who cares? If she reacts in another? Who cares? Get it?

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
No expectations....got it.

Indiegirl,
I think you are right. She did have a moment where she was in tears on Monday and she said she missed me and the kids. I think the moment is gone though.

Me: BH 36
Her: WW 34
Kids: D 14, S 12, S 9
DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
Filed for D 10/2011-Papers Served 11/2011
Divorce final May 24, 2012
My Story

I
I
Yeah Scotty is right. Plan A is usuallly 'remembered' - it isnt appreciated at the time - the goal is to give her something to miss in Plan B.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I found credit card purchases on Dec 1 and Dec 5 so I asked WW about them. Of course she lied and said she bought something else other than what she actually bought, which was a go phone and prepaid minutes. I called the store and they confirmed what I thought. I told her that she might as well get her own line so it's not as expensive, but she said she didn't purchase the items. I haven't told her I called the store yet.

I think I'm going to throw in the towel. I deserve better than this and just want to heal and move on. She claims the kids are the most important thing, but she's trying to have a man in her life and spend time with the kids. It's obvious she's not putting them first. My DS8 told her she was the worst mother in the world last night. I need to plan my future without her in it. I'm taking her to breakfast this morning and I'm going to let her know that I found out what she purchased. I don't hurt much anymore so my thinking isn't emotional.

Before I make a final decision as to whether or not I want to keep fighting for my marriage, I will think a little more. I appreciate everyone's advice and input, but I think this wasn't meant to be. I keep finding out the truth and seeing through the lies. It's like I'm being told to not be with her because of everything I keep finding.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

C
C
You're going to quit without trying Plan B like you've been advised? I think you really should give it a shot.

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
L
L
At this point of the A, you should expect nothing BUT lies. I know this is very upsetting, but please don't expect the truth while your W is still wayward. There's almost no point in asking her anything. Of course, she's going to lie about her affair phone. They will do this even though you can easily find out the truth. It's all very illogical.

MB does not promote the notion of marriage-at-all-costs; nevertheless, why not consider sticking with the plan for now? You can always go into Plan B, then Plan D, and know that you did all you could to save your marriage. You've done so much already to help kill the A; can you find the energy to keep on with this war a bit longer?

The thing is--if your wife does return and agrees to your recovery plan, she will no longer be wayward. A wayward is like an alien; they simply don't think logically. But once a wayward wants to return and agrees to change, s/he can become a very good spouse again, better even than before.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I'm still thinking about Plan B. I am wondering if I should do it before Christmas. The kids really want to have it over my place. If not, I won't be able to see them all day and it's her turn to have them during that time.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

N
N
I'd do a Plan B like LongWayFromHome said.

Get an IM in place and write the letter. If you get everything organized and can do it before Christmas, then that would be ideal.

Ask the kids where they want to be at Christmas and tell your WW that they've made their decision and that's what it is going to be. Sure, she'll raise holy hell but if you have no court-ordered visitation in place here, then what's she really going to do?

Don't bother trying to reason with her. How is the phone/minutes being paid for? If it's a joint account, separate them and tell her that you're not going to pay for her to cheat on you and your family. Remember to always mention the kids whenever possible--she's not just leaving you, she's leaving ALL of you.

Also, report to all of her family/friends that she's using a secret phone to commit adultery and, again, ask them to step in and get involved.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

S
S
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
I'd do a Plan B like LongWayFromHome said.

Get an IM in place and write the letter. If you get everything organized and can do it before Christmas, then that would be ideal.

Ask the kids where they want to be at Christmas and tell your WW that they've made their decision and that's what it is going to be. Sure, she'll raise holy hell but if you have no court-ordered visitation in place here, then what's she really going to do?

Don't bother trying to reason with her. How is the phone/minutes being paid for? If it's a joint account, separate them and tell her that you're not going to pay for her to cheat on you and your family. Remember to always mention the kids whenever possible--she's not just leaving you, she's leaving ALL of you.

Also, report to all of her family/friends that she's using a secret phone to commit adultery and, again, ask them to step in and get involved.

Yes. I agree.

Also this phone was purchased AFTER OM was caught at her apt. So you need to give this info to OM's BW. Today.

C
C
He can't SW. He has a military stand-down order to not contact OMW.

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
The phone was paid for with her credit card. My WW wife wrote to my command and told them to get me to stop contacting her family. My hands are tied with that one. Military orders are different than civilian so I don't want to jeopardize my career in the process.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

S
S
Originally Posted by CWMI
He can't SW. He has a military stand-down order to not contact OMW.

Oh, that is right. I forgot about that. Sorry.

C
C
Originally Posted by GJM
The phone was paid for with her credit card. My WW wife wrote to my command and told them to get me to stop contacting her family. My hands are tied with that one. Military orders are different than civilian so I don't want to jeopardize my career in the process.

You should most certainly enter Plan B then, asap. In your favor is the fact that SHE left the marital home already and does not have adequate housing for the children full-time.

Who can you use for an IM?

Separate your finances as much as you are allowed.

She has expressed missing being home with you and the children; use that to your advantage by NOT rewarding her with more of that while she carries on her affair, but by DEPRIVING her of that while she is wayward. Take away the cake! It is time! You have lost all the civilian ways (family, OMW) of getting through, the military can't force you to speak to your wife who has moved out, can they?

(Oscar Wilde)
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I don't believe they can make me talk to her. I don't know who I can use as an IM. This is going to take some careful planning. I definitely need my ducks in a row. She's on her way here now. I'll be back later so I can read more on Plan B.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

C
C
Be very nice! Be the man! Tell her you need to think about it if she asks for any concrete plans. Don't cave if she throws you a tiny morsel of hope. You need her to step up and meet conditions, and she will NOT so long as you let her eat cake, but yes, wait until your ducks are rowed up before you let her know that.

(Oscar Wilde)
K
K
As some of the nice people around here will tell you, Christmas is a kick-@$$ time to Plan B, the wayturds do not like being excluded this time of year.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
The only thing she will be excluded from is me. She will have the kids at least half day.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

S
S
Originally Posted by GJM
The only thing she will be excluded from is me. She will have the kids at least half day.

Well, how did your day go?

Page 43 of 107 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 106 107

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (SadNewYorker), 341 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation