Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
dtl Offline OP
OP Offline
D
You are definitely right about that

D
dtl Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Sorry I've not posted any updates in a couple days. Right now I'm just focusing on trying to comfort my wife and be strong for her. Her mom's funeral is tomorrow and I know it is going to be a ruff day for her. I just hope I can comfort her enough through this

C
C
Originally Posted by dtl
Sorry I've not posted any updates in a couple days. Right now I'm just focusing on trying to comfort my wife and be strong for her. Her mom's funeral is tomorrow and I know it is going to be a ruff day for her. I just hope I can comfort her enough through this

It's understandable. You are both managing a crisis. be strong. see how you can beef up your daily lists for meeting her needs. Maybe bring her her coffee, or make breakfast or things like that. Pamper her as she is mourning the loss. Someone mentioned that rebuilding is like tossing pebbles in a creek to make a bridge. You don't see results at first, but eventually they start building up.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
D
dtl Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Just a small update my w is still just numb over everything going on. I'm trying to be there for her as much as possible. She says that she don't know of anything more I can do for her right now. But I'm going to keep trying.
On the upside of everything her newest grandson was born at the end of last week

C
C
Originally Posted by dtl
Just a small update my w is still just numb over everything going on. I'm trying to be there for her as much as possible. She says that she don't know of anything more I can do for her right now. But I'm going to keep trying.
On the upside of everything her newest grandson was born at the end of last week

You guys have just hit a huge bump with this. Stay the course DTL. Time is going to help you win this.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
D
dtl Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I know. I'm never going to give up on us. I'm realizing now more then ever how much she means to me. I can't even begin to imagine what I would do if it would have been her instead of her mom. Seeing how this is affecting her step dad has really made me think more and more about us

D
dtl Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Still holding on. She is having a really hard time with everything right now
She just showed me the poem chickadee1 posted in the marry Christmas thread. I really wish I could do that for her

C
C
Originally Posted by dtl
Still holding on. She is having a really hard time with everything right now
She just showed me the poem chickadee1 posted in the marry Christmas thread. I really wish I could do that for her

Contact me off list. **edit**. I have an idea. wink

Last edited by MBLBanker; 12/24/11 11:58 PM. Reason: Removing email information.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
M
M
Contact JustUss for an email exchange.�� JustUss2@aol.com

Last edited by MBLBanker; 12/25/11 12:43 AM.

MBLovebanker@gmail.com
D
dtl Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I'm not sure what you are trying to get me to do

C
C
Originally Posted by dtl
I'm not sure what you are trying to get me to do

I had an idea for you that I wanted to share with you off-list if you were up for it. The mods said to contact justus (email in the mod note) if you were up for it.

If not, it's cool.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
D
dtl Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I tried to get the idea but never got anything back

C
C
Originally Posted by dtl
I tried to get the idea but never got anything back

I haven't seen anything in the inbox. JustUss2@aol.com may be vacationing over the holidays?

ok don't let your wife read the next line!

Does your W like poetry?

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
J
Administrator
Administrator
J
JustUss2@aol.com may be vacationing over the holidays?

Nope! Here & on duty!!

I only got email from one of you. I need permission from both for the exchange to occur!

JustUss

Administrator/Moderator
D
dtl Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thank you for the ideas.celticvoyager
Now for a little update
My wife is starting to feel a little better now. She has been sick for the past several days. I've been trying to take care of her but she keeps telling me she feels guilty having me do everything. I try telling her to not feel guilty for it. That I take care of her because I want to. Is there anything else I can do to help her not feel that way

C
C
Originally Posted by dtl
Thank you for the ideas.celticvoyager
Now for a little update
My wife is starting to feel a little better now. She has been sick for the past several days. I've been trying to take care of her but she keeps telling me she feels guilty having me do everything. I try telling her to not feel guilty for it. That I take care of her because I want to. Is there anything else I can do to help her not feel that way

one thing my wife reinforced with me when I fell sick was "baby, I took bad care of you when I was with "jerk", let me show you love now"

You are doing good. These are the times where the rubber meets the road. No expectations of kudos, just doing good because it's... well... it's good.

Glad the ideas helped. I'm always happy to help. This sounds kinda manipulative, but I'll say it anyway... She's vulnerable right now... Anything you do will have a greater impact. Remember that. For good or ill.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
D
dtl Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Just another update. My wife is still triggering a lot with every thing going on. She has had a really tuff time these past several weeks. But I believe I'm doing pretty good. She is thanking me for everything that I've been doing for her. And when I ask if there is anything else I can do to make this time easier for her she says not that she can think of. But I'm not going to slack up any. I want to keep improving things

C
C
Originally Posted by dtl
Just another update. My wife is still triggering a lot with every thing going on. She has had a really tuff time these past several weeks. But I believe I'm doing pretty good. She is thanking me for everything that I've been doing for her. And when I ask if there is anything else I can do to make this time easier for her she says not that she can think of. But I'm not going to slack up any. I want to keep improving things

DTL,

This is a good path (believe it or not). As you continue, her triggers will diminish more and more. Now, it is a war of attrition. Just remember, with the loss of her mom, it may take a little longer.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
D
dtl Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Yes I understand with the loss of her mom it will take extra time she has had a little bit of a ruff time with her kennels to. Not helping matters none. But I will be right by her side helping her to heal as long as she will let me. She is very strong so I feel we will make it through everything together

C
C
Originally Posted by dtl
Yes I understand with the loss of her mom it will take extra time she has had a little bit of a ruff time with her kennels to. Not helping matters none. But I will be right by her side helping her to heal as long as she will let me. She is very strong so I feel we will make it through everything together

DTL,

How about an update for everyone here? How's recovery going for you and Luvs? Have you guys discussed POJA yet?

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 575 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation