Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
C
C
Originally Posted by LuvsDavid
Last night was the anti-versary of the night he lied to me where he was going and spent the night with her.

I took a sleeping pill hoping to get a good nights sleep but all it did was lock me in the nightmares all night long. today starts my week of Hel:.

I just hope I can get through it. With Momma gone and I'm putting on a face for my stepdad it is hard.

Hang in there LD, You and DTL are in our prayers.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
L
OP Offline
L
Im trying but came down with a nasty flu christmas eve. Just now able to keep my fever below 100. David took the day off yesterday and took me to the doctor but they said it was viral but not showing up as the flu so tamaflu would not help. I've been hugging my teddy bear he got me for christmas when the stomach cramps hit and that helps.
PS. I will show david how to send them an email tonight. He may be doing it wrong.

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
3 D-Days from 12/25/10 to 01/06/11
NC - 01/09/11
02/20/12 done beating my head on that wall.
C
C
Im trying but came down with a nasty flu christmas eve. Just now able to keep my fever below 100. David took the day off yesterday and took me to the doctor but they said it was viral but not showing up as the flu so tamaflu would not help. I've been hugging my teddy bear he got me for christmas when the stomach cramps hit and that helps.
PS. I will show david how to send them an email tonight. He may be doing it wrong.

ok , in the meantime, you rest, hug on that bear and let David take care of you.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
C
C
((((luvs))))

just thinking about you. I hope you are feeling better. david seems to be helping you, you have to keep letting him.

ok- rest, feel better.

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
final truths 5/8-- all of them poly confirmed 5/18
working the plan

L
OP Offline
L
Thanks guys, the fever has stayed down all day so that is a start. Still cant eat anything without it making my stomach cramp up so liquid lunch (tea) for me again.

He is really taking care of me. I kinda feel bad becuase he pretty much did Christmas by himself since I was in bed most of the day. I got up to watch a few shows with him then would have to lay back down again.

He made the comment that I hugged the bears guts out. Lol. It has a heart that it is holding that says I love you and it was upside down this morning....ooops.

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
NC - 01/09/11
S
S
I'm glad you've had the bear! I'm sorry it has been so tough on you. Right now your job is to just get to feeling better...no feeling guilty!

"The #1 reason why people give up so quickly is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, rather than how far they've gotten."

Me, FBW(46) H, FWH (43)
M - 21 yrs & counting
D (20)
S (18)
S (16)
Surviving and Thriving since November 2010 thanks to MB!
My Recovery Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2538986#Post2538986
My Original Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2457141&page=1

C
C
Luvs,

how are you doing? Is recovery going well for you?

Hope you're feeling better.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
L
OP Offline
L
Thanks for asking CV.

Still feeling down but alot of aniti-versaries this week and my mothers death is finally setting in.

Im still not sure what your ideas were that you gave David. I've tried to stay out of it because I've learned if it is anything that he does not follow through on it is more of a LB than if he never asked for idea's at all.

Its like:
asking for help and idea's = 1 point
not following advice = -2 points.

He has been here for me and asking if there is anything he can do for me and helping with some sick puppies in the kennels to help take the stress off me. That has helped alot. We are missing out on a bunch of UA time since I've been sick. I've not felt like doing much of anything and my head is so stopped up that I get dizzy easy.

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
NC - 01/09/11
C
C
Thanks for asking CV.

Still feeling down but alot of aniti-versaries this week and my mothers death is finally setting in.

Im still not sure what your ideas were that you gave David. I've tried to stay out of it because I've learned if it is anything that he does not follow through on it is more of a LB than if he never asked for idea's at all.

Its like:
asking for help and idea's = 1 point
not following advice = -2 points.

He has been here for me and asking if there is anything he can do for me and helping with some sick puppies in the kennels to help take the stress off me. That has helped alot. We are missing out on a bunch of UA time since I've been sick. I've not felt like doing much of anything and my head is so stopped up that I get dizzy easy.

Hey Luvs,

I didn't put an easy task in front of him with my idea and I'm hoping he at least uses it for a spring board.

Oh you have *that* bug. My DD had it for 3 weeks! hang in there with the anti-versaries. This was kind of a harder holiday for me than I expected. Probably because I found out OM was in town for the holidays to see a few friends. Thankfully our town is kinda big and I didn't have to worry about bumping into him with the car (JOKE).

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
L
OP Offline
L
Yea, the OW is on the prowl again (posting on dating sites) so I've been on the lookout also.

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
NC - 01/09/11
C
C
Yea, the OW is on the prowl again (posting on dating sites) so I've been on the lookout also.

Kinda stinks doesn't it? It's like having to sleep with one eye open. It does get better. There was a period of about a year (1st year) in our recovery where I slept horribly, or not at all, the only time I actually slept peacefully was when her phone was in the kitchen and I was asleep on her lap. took about 2 years for the nightmares to end. But they do end.

I just got the 411 on his idea. It sounds pretty dang awesome.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
L
OP Offline
L
Ok, I've already spoke to David about this but wanted to vent alittle.

You guys know that we dont have the money to do the online course and Popa Bear had asked him how he planned on getting the money to do it and he said we were saving up after we get the bills paid up.

Well the other day he got told of this "really good deal on a car trailer"..... Yes we use one maybe once in 3 months or so and we have several friends that have one that dont mind us using for a day.

He progresses to talk about selling his extra car, his left over RC stuff that is in boxes becuase they are a trigger making payments..... bunches of stuff to sell to find the money for that trailer we really dont need.

I told him how much that hurt me and he said he had never thought of it that way and he was sorry. Should make me feel better right? So why did that made me feel even worst? I guess I'm really wanting someone to think of me sometimes and show it.

He also said he felt "stalled out" and didnt know what else to do for me.... I told him I felt like he was stalled out becuase I've stoped kick starting things because of lack of follow through.

I'm scared to do the online course now even when we find the money becuase I think it would be the last straw when we got 1/2 through it and stopped again. I just could not take anouther letdown.

I guess I know what I'm dealing with now and have to make the most of what I have. I dont want divorce so that is my options now.

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
NC - 01/09/11
C
C
Ok, I've already spoke to David about this but wanted to vent alittle.

You guys know that we dont have the money to do the online course and Popa Bear had asked him how he planned on getting the money to do it and he said we were saving up after we get the bills paid up.

Well the other day he got told of this "really good deal on a car trailer"..... Yes we use one maybe once in 3 months or so and we have several friends that have one that dont mind us using for a day.

He progresses to talk about selling his extra car, his left over RC stuff that is in boxes becuase they are a trigger making payments..... bunches of stuff to sell to find the money for that trailer we really dont need.

I told him how much that hurt me and he said he had never thought of it that way and he was sorry. Should make me feel better right? So why did that made me feel even worst? I guess I'm really wanting someone to think of me sometimes and show it.

He also said he felt "stalled out" and didnt know what else to do for me.... I told him I felt like he was stalled out becuase I've stoped kick starting things because of lack of follow through.

I'm scared to do the online course now even when we find the money becuase I think it would be the last straw when we got 1/2 through it and stopped again. I just could not take anouther letdown.

I guess I know what I'm dealing with now and have to make the most of what I have. I dont want divorce so that is my options now.

You did right by telling him. That should've been a POJA. The hurt does linger. Remember that you are just getting over a pretty serious sounding flu-thing and dealing with your loss on top of recovery. Also remember that David's been trying pretty hard, right? He may be a little tired too. Don't kick, let us kick him (metaphorically speaking) for you.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
L
OP Offline
L
Not kicking. Even held it in for awhile to see if it was really enough to make a big deal over or not. I didnt explode when I felt like it I just waited untill I could tell him how it hurt me without DJ's. I think I did ok with how I said it. I just told him it hurt me to realize that he would go to that much trouble to find the money to buy the trailer but not for something I felt we needed for recovery.

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
NC - 01/09/11
C
C
Not kicking. Even held it in for awhile to see if it was really enough to make a big deal over or not. I didnt explode when I felt like it I just waited untill I could tell him how it hurt me without DJ's. I think I did ok with how I said it. I just told him it hurt me to realize that he would go to that much trouble to find the money to buy the trailer but not for something I felt we needed for recovery.

Sounds like you did the right thing, Luvs. We're really praying for you guys, I see a lot of hope for your recovery.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
C
C
just checking in. hows it going and how are you feeling?

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

L
OP Offline
L
Hey Dee, sorry I didnt respond earlier. This stuff is still sticking with me. Now it is a head cold. Sneezing and sniffling like crazy. I just cant shake it. I'm allergic to mold and it has been wet and rainy for a few weeks so I think that is part of it.

I'm still working on my kennels and trying to do as much as I can but dont feel like moving around much. David has the same thing but he is a person that does not let sick stop him. He is still going to work everyday and then trying to take care of me when he gets home. I'm afraid he is going to over do it and end up in the hospital.

Kennel is finally paying for itself so I can start getting caught up on some bills that have been on my back. That will take a load off me.

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
NC - 01/09/11
C
C
Hey Dee, sorry I didnt respond earlier. This stuff is still sticking with me. Now it is a head cold. Sneezing and sniffling like crazy. I just cant shake it. I'm allergic to mold and it has been wet and rainy for a few weeks so I think that is part of it.

I'm still working on my kennels and trying to do as much as I can but dont feel like moving around much. David has the same thing but he is a person that does not let sick stop him. He is still going to work everyday and then trying to take care of me when he gets home. I'm afraid he is going to over do it and end up in the hospital.

Kennel is finally paying for itself so I can start getting caught up on some bills that have been on my back. That will take a load off me.

LD,

RE: the cold... our DD had something similar..lasted about a month. Just and fyi.

RE David: With everything that's happening, I would encourage you to re-read what you wrote. It should be an encouragement for you that he is working this hard, even though he is not getting it all down perfectly yet.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
C
C
it last forever oh yeah then it comes back for round 2.

you have been under and extreme amount of stress in the last month alone, i thing david is wise to take care of you , you could end up in the hospital.

have you seen an MD?

would love to see puppie pictures!!! i have the cutest dog in the world (my world). I will post a pix but i have to figure that out.

so tell me what was the surpise from david???

i think once you get you energy back to normal you should do the online class. look at it as a gift to yourself, after such a crappy year! we are doing it. it keeps you on track and reminds you that you cannot slack. worth the investment if you can swing it.

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by chickadee
so tell me what was the surpise from David? ???

No clue.

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
NC - 01/09/11
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 479 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation