Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
C
C
Originally Posted by Goldilocks
Yes, I did tell my husband. I'm not going to share what happened because of people like yourself. It's no one else's business, your criticism doesn't help solve anything. I'm not going to waste my time defending myself. My God, what do you want, blood?

Except you came here. You asked for advice. Do you want to heal your marriage? Did you expect to come onto a recovery forum and get a pat on the back and someone to say "there there, dear?"

Goldilocks, we WANT your marriage to be better, we WANT you to succeed. But you have to be willing to do the hard work of it.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
G
G
No one here's been bitter or hateful toward you, Goldilocks.

"Bitter" and "hateful" is what we do when we lie to & deceive our spouses. (And remember that I'm speaking to you here as someone who did exactly that.)

"Bitter" and "hateful" is what it is when we try to maintain a cover-up, and carry on the deception, to serve our own selfish wants & fears; when we deny our spouses the honesty we promised them on the day we married them.

"Bitter" and "hateful" is what it is when we try to justify this kind of conduct toward others whom we profess to love.

"Bitter" and "hateful" is what it is when we make these false justifications not for anyone else's benefit, but to selfishly spare ourselves from the consequences of our misconduct.

Trying to steer someone away from that path isn't bitter & it isn't hateful.

It's bitter and hateful to lash out at people who are trying to help you and trying to show compassion for your husband.

You're not going to get anyone's skin here by having a tantrum, the way an addict has a tantrum when she can't get her fix. We've seen it all before.

If on the other hand, you're serious & you have questions about recovering a marriage, ask. At this stage, we know more about the right & wrong ways to go about it than you do.

But it has to be done on a basis of honesty. Most importantly, honesty toward your husband.

This sort of thing is obvious to most of us when we're 5 years old. Somehow, some of us forget about honesty somewhere along the way. Even to the point where we sometimes don't see how ridiculous we look when we've been living a lie, then hear people counseling us to start being honest, and we call that "bitter" or "hateful."

5 years from now, no poster here will be ashamed for recommending honesty to people who are living lies. But those who are fortunate enough to recover their honesty, will (or ought to be) deeply ashamed for calling those posters "bitter" or "hateful".

Yes, Goldilocks, you have much to think about. Ask me questions if you like. If you're serious about your marriage, that is.

Me: FWH, 50
My BW: Trust_Will_Come, 52, tall, beautiful & heart of gold
DD23, DS19
EA-then-PA Oct'08-Jan'09
Broke it off & confessed to BW (after OW's H found out) Jan.7 2009
Married 25 years & counting.
Grateful for forgiveness. Working to be a better husband.
"I wear the chain I forged in life... I made it link by link, and yard by yard" ~Jacob Marley's ghost, A Christmas Carol
"Do it again & you're out on your [bum]." ~My BW, Jan.7 2009
M
M
I told him last night. I don't want to talk about it yet. I just want to sincerely thank the people who truly have helped me. The bitter hateful women and men here...I wish you love and forgiveness in your lives as well.

She's lying...

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T
"No my marriage isn't over."

"And I chose "Goldilocks" because I have blonde hair." think

This statement along with men always hiting on you makes me think you have a extremely high opion of your self, conduct yourself in ways that attract attention (flirt) are really good looking, any or all three. redflag

"I hope no one rakes you over the coals for the mistakes you have made in your life." puke

You are not being singled out here. You are not being treated harsh. You are being push to do the right thing. It's harsh to hear because you are being told to do things that you don't want to do.

R
R
I just want to sincerely thank the people who truly have helped me. The bitter hateful women and men here...I wish you love and forgiveness in your lives as well.

I know this is wrong, but fogged out-i-ness makes me giggle sometimes.

The wise people here told you what to do to find a path of love and forgiveness. We don't need wishes from you to get there- and if you think we're bitter and hateful for trying to help you, all I can say is, good luck with that.

Thanks for all the support along the way.
I wish you all well. I'm outta here.
Peace.
R
R
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I told him last night. I don't want to talk about it yet. I just want to sincerely thank the people who truly have helped me. The bitter hateful women and men here...I wish you love and forgiveness in your lives as well.

She's lying...

Yup. My radar tells me the same thing. If she actually told him- she would be more focused on his reaction, and less on sticking it to the members here.

Peace.
R
R
No my marriage isn't over.

And I chose "Goldilocks" because I have blonde hair.

I hope no one rakes you over the coals for the mistakes you have made in your life.

A mistake is forgetting to carry the tens in a math problem.

Sleeping with someone else's spouse is a choice.

Just to clarify.

Peace.
G
OP Offline
G
I do want a better marriage. Of course I do. I was mentally and physically abused by my step-dad the last half of my childhood. I lived through hell. I told myself when I was teenager that my kids would never have a stepfather. It's hard for me to share myself with people, because I don't trust people. I have never had counseling of any kind, it's been a rough road I have gone down alone. My husband has never been very supportive of me. He didn't even go with me to my mom's funeral. She died from pancreatic cancer 10 years ago next month. I took care of her for almost two years, and he would tell me how I was taking away from my family to be with her and take her to her chemo treatments etc. By the time she died I was totally used up. Then with two kids grown or almost grown, I got pregnant unexpectedly and have an almost seven year old now. Life is more than strange, funny, and always changing. I was still burned out when I had a new baby to take care of. There is no excuses for what I did. I'm scum, and not the angel my friends think I am. This might end up being what we needed to change our home life and make it better for our little one. We are also grandparents. My husband wants us together. My huge mistake I will pay for the rest of my life. And I will be a better wife. Call me a drama queen or whatever you want. It's not the worst I've lived through.

M
M
Goldilocks, you have a real victim complex, don't you? Instead of pimping sympathy for yourself, how about telling your husband the truth? And then sending him here so we can help him?

What you have done to your husband is as traumatic as rape, assualt or the death of a child. So lose the self pity and go do the right thing for your husband.

You are not the victim, lady.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
We have people here in DIRE STRAITS who are really serious about saving their marriages. People who are not lying drama queens, who are the victims of adultery. You are taking valuable time and attention away from people who are really serious about saving their marriages.

Do you realize that?

Exposure 101

M
M
Yes I did something horribly stupid, and with someone else's husband, I'm not making excuses for myself. But
I didn't need to read any farther than this to know you are still an unremorseful wayward.

We may be able to help your husband. Let him know that we'd love to see him come here and post.

ETA: Good job, telling your husband. You did the right thing.

Last edited by maritalbliss; 01/08/12 10:07 AM.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
Goldi, its obvious you lied about telling your husband, so quit embarrassing yourself.

If you did tell him you are the most heartless b*tch I have ever seen in my 10 years on this forum. Imagine this: you just give your husband the most horrible news of his life. What you have told him is more traumatic than telling him his child was killed. And you not only blow it off, but you are on here the next morning trying to pimp sympathy for yourself.

People here WANT to help you. But you can't be helped unless you GET HONEST. Lying to us is no more productive than lying to your husband.

And the bad thing about lying here is that we can immediately see through you.

Exposure 101

M
M
Yes, I did tell my husband. I'm not going to share what happened because of people like yourself. It's no one else's business, your criticism doesn't help solve anything. I'm not going to waste my time defending myself. My God, what do you want, blood?
You don't need to tell us a word, Goldi. You don't need to ever post here again. We're not making you do anything. What gives you that idea? And what in the world do I have to be bitter about? I've got the marriage I've always wanted.

You know we're here anytime you need help.

D-Day 2-10-2009

I
I
Goldi,

It is better to admit your mistakes and identify your unmet needs to your husband before he finds out on his own. If you don't tell him and he finds out on his own he will not believe you when you say you felt guilty about it, he will not believe you when you say that you want to spend the rest of your life with him. It will take longer for you to recover if he finds out on his own. People who are remorseful for what they have done can admit their mistakes and are willing to do whatever it takes to fix the problem. If he finds out, he may think you're just sorry you got caught and have just been using him for FS, DS, and money which will lead to immense resentment. I'm telling you this as a betrayed husband. I was not meeting my wife's needs, but she never told me I wasn't. Now I feel like I don't know what's going inside her head because I discovered her affairs....one at a time. I feel like she was shopping for a better husband. You obviously feel guilty, confess to him everything so he believes you.....every little detail he asks, and then fix it. You have all the tools you need in this forum and on this website. I'll pray for you that he stays and works on the marriage.

WW-30
Me BH-35
OM-1 EA/PA for 2.5 yrs
OM-2 EA/PA 3 mos
Married since Nov 2002
DDay-April 4th, 2011, DD#2-four days later
DD-3
Working on recovery
M
M
I do want a better marriage. Of course I do. I was mentally and physically abused by my step-dad the last half of my childhood. I lived through hell. I told myself when I was teenager that my kids would never have a stepfather. It's hard for me to share myself with people, because I don't trust people. I have never had counseling of any kind, it's been a rough road I have gone down alone. My husband has never been very supportive of me. He didn't even go with me to my mom's funeral. She died from pancreatic cancer 10 years ago next month. I took care of her for almost two years, and he would tell me how I was taking away from my family to be with her and take her to her chemo treatments etc. By the time she died I was totally used up. Then with two kids grown or almost grown, I got pregnant unexpectedly and have an almost seven year old now. Life is more than strange, funny, and always changing. I was still burned out when I had a new baby to take care of. There is no excuses for what I did. I'm scum, and not the angel my friends think I am. This might end up being what we needed to change our home life and make it better for our little one. We are also grandparents. My husband wants us together. My huge mistake I will pay for the rest of my life. And I will be a better wife. Call me a drama queen or whatever you want. It's not the worst I've lived through.
I struck all the stuff that is immaterial to your situation.

As long as you remain in a state of denial and refuse to accept responsibility for your actions you will remain an adulterous liar. You call that scum, I call it liar. Either will do.

You CAN change that, though. IF you take the steps to do so. The first would be to confess the A to your H.

D-Day 2-10-2009

N
N
The bitter hateful women and men here...I wish you love and forgiveness in your lives as well.

I will be sure and let you know if anyone matching this description shows up to post on your thread.

Nope, not yet.

Nope, not yet.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
N
She's lying...

Of course she is--it was the easy way out and there have been no hysterical declarations otherwise.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

S
S
And the bad thing about lying here is that we can immediately see through you.

Ditto!

goldi, when my STBXWH was posting here, he did the EXACT same things you are doing now when he was told he needed to tell me the truth (accused posters of being resentful, hating him, he talked about his childhood, etc). No joking.

These tactics won't work here. We can tell when we are being lied to/gaslit from a mile away.

Please stop.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
Neak #2582535 01/08/12 11:42 AM
M
M
Originally Posted by Neak
I will be sure and let you know if anyone matching this description shows up to post on your thread.

Nope, not yet.

Nope, not yet.
rotflmao

D-Day 2-10-2009

N
N
Did goldine even read the theme of this website and forum before posting??

It's called MARRIAGE BUILDERS and SURVIVING AN AFFAIR.

People are here to help build strong marriages that's why it isn't called CREATE A GOOD MARRIAGE OUT OF THIN AIR or even GET OVER AND HIDE YOUR AFFAIR.

I don't know of a single good marriage that is built on lies nor do I know of many people who survive an affair if the second person in the marriage doesent know there is an affair going on.

Why do people like goldie come to this site the play victim when even the tilte gives you a clear clue as to the morals of this board.

Ps Godie I have had a ton of 2x4 s here and comments that I found hurtful but it was FOR my best interest and for my marriage. Telling your H is the first of many tough things YOU will have to do to save your marriage if you can't even take the first step without bringing out the Victim card then I don't see much hope for you or your marriage. Good luck.

BW 36(Me)
WS 38
Married: 2000
DD1November 22 2008 - DD2 October 2014
PA Duration September 08 - November 08
Second discovery- 6 online affairs 4 sexual one emotional. October 2014.kids: DS 17, DS 14, DS 12, DS 10 . Baby after divorce DS 18months

Divorced

Was misled into thinking we were in recovery for 6 years.

If you were shocked reading any of this, that this is the consequence of not following MB to the LETTER.

Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation