Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
A
Okay, I think it's sort of clear what has happened.

OW called police and complained about harassment. As is VERY typical in a petty harassment case (ie. not true criminal harassment), the officer simply phoned our OP here and told her to stop contacting her (whether or not she even contacted her in reality isn't the issue - it's just a standard procedure when one person makes a harassment complaint).

If the OW had any evidence to pursue this further criminally (she doesn't) or wanted to go directly through the court for a standard NCO (probably a bluff) then that could be done but is unlikely. I see a bluff here.

What the officer did is actually very typical (as I said, I have worked in law enforcement myself and have done this who knows how many times), it would have nothing to do with the OW having a "friend" in the police, it's just a typical complaint. Believe me, those are made *several* times daily in your average small town department.

V
V
So, in other words, no reason whatsoever to not drop the Facebook nuke

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

A
A
Yes and no.

There should not currently be ANY binding no contact order in place right now (for one, she has not been to a court/seen an officer in person/serviced etc.).

IF she was to contact the OW's Facebook "friends" then there is a chance the OW could seek a temporary protective order immediately (which IMO would be dismissed fairly quick as the courts have little cares to play in the Facebook sandbox. Yes, she would have to testify to a court how she even knows our OP and is she willing to truly do that? In 8 years I have yet to see one adulterer who has...).

Could the OW do something? Make complaints to the police and courts? Yes, absolutely. Will anything stick? I don't believe so at all. But it is a grey area for sure once the police have already been involved. I understand this is a key component of MB exposure but double-checking state law is particularly important if there's already been police involvement.

Last edited by alis; 01/15/12 07:08 PM.
V
V
I don't think so either because no real threat has been implied one way or the other and THAT is the usual basis for the NCO. Don't see at all how telling the truth could ever be construed as threatening in any way, shape, or form.

But let's suppose for a second here..and I'm talking to you kstock. What if you were to get an NCO filed against you after FB exposure. LOL...what do you care? Your final exposure blow is dealt, and you send her a message you are NOT intimidated by her! Right now she's scared, she's bluffing, and you're buying it.

There are no real legal ramifications to consider here whatsoever! You just can't contact OW again for a year. Woe is me!

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

M
M
Originally Posted by kstockett
the no contact order applies to her (whom I have never spoken to or communicated with), her family, or her employer.
Her family and her employer would have to file ROs against you. She can't just up and file a RO against you to cover herself and everyone she knows.

In reality, any RO would dictate that you couldn't approach her at her workplace or any place she might be, including her family. You would typically have to stay 'X' number of yards away from those places.

The people AT those places would have to file against you to restrain you from contacting them.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

K
OP Offline
K
just what alis said, and I am taking advice here of moving on.
wayward H called other hubby and we agreed not to file anything against each other. her husband actually said, he was more mad at me for causing trouble than my wayward hubby kissing his wife!. I can't believe it but whatever. I accomplished what I intended to do and would gladly take the NC order to save my marriage. My husband told other betrayed spouse he was completely in my corner and agreed with me and said I was the only sane one of all four of us...
Onto the polygraph tomorrow.

I
I
her husband actually said, he was more mad at me for causing trouble than my wayward hubby kissing his wife!.

He sounds GREAT crazy

My husband told other betrayed spouse he was completely in my corner and agreed with me and said I was the only sane one of all four of us...

rotflmao In complete agreement!

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

B
B
I am here as an attorney to tell you a person must have what is called "standing" before they can bring a legal cause of action - no matter what kind - RO, NC order, lawsuit - whatever. OW does not have legal standing to obtain an RO for her family or her employer. She can only do so for herself.

V
V
wayward H called other hubby and we agreed not to file anything against each other. her husband actually said, he was more mad at me for causing trouble than my wayward hubby kissing his wife!. I can't believe it but whatever. I accomplished what I intended to do and would gladly take the NC order to save my marriage. My husband told other betrayed spouse he was completely in my corner and agreed with me and said I was the only sane one of all four of us...

Whew!! I could REALLY go off here, but I won't...

Okay, just fixed a Glenlivets and water, sooooooo, I'm prepared to go off in just a few words.

ACM (another cuckolded man)

Gotta say, the more I'm here, the more astonished I get. This world is full of pansy-assed men when forced to face a raging wife over what SHE has done just turn into a pile of dogcrap on a blistering hot South Carolina summer day. (it's not a pretty sight folks, especially if you wear New Balance sneakers..ugh)

If I were the OWH, I'd be looking for the best pair of gloves and pair of pliers to use to rip you DH's tongue out with.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

M
M
Originally Posted by Brits_Brat
I am here as an attorney to tell you a person must have what is called "standing" before they can bring a legal cause of action - no matter what kind - RO, NC order, lawsuit - whatever. OW does not have legal standing to obtain an RO for her family or her employer. She can only do so for herself.

I thought so. It is a ridiculous notion that I can file a no contact order on behalf of someone else.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 1,065 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation