Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
M
Since you are so insistent that your dating relationship is the same as marriage, then why don't you just get married? Instead of wasting all this time insisting it is the same, why don't you take the steps to make it the same?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Since you are so insistent that your dating relationship is the same as marriage, then why don't you just get married? Instead of wasting all this time insisting it is the same, why don't you take the steps to make it the same?

Would be foolish to do this until we had mastered the program.

C
C
You should probably actually be in the same state, as well, before you get married.

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
A
OP Offline
A

I have not to my recollection said we were the same as married, but I will read through my posts again. I have stated my status was irrelevant.

M
M
Originally Posted by amIbroken

Would be foolish to do this until we had mastered the program.

And maybe even move to the same state?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by CWMI
You should probably actually be in the same state, as well, before you get married.

Yes CWMI I believe I stated that in another post. So he can run locally and not be gone overnight.

M
M

I have not to my recollection said we were the same as married, but I will read through my posts again. I have stated my status was irrelevant.

So you are agreeing it is not the same? If that is what you say I would agree!

Exposure 101

A
OP Offline
A

So you are agreeing it is not the same? If that is what you say I would agree!

Sorry your still stuck here ML. Think I made it plain it's IRRELEVANT.

M
M
[

Then why don't you move forward and focus on solutions to your problem if its "irrelevant?"

Exposure 101

A
OP Offline
A
[

Then why don't you move forward and focus on solutions to your problem if its "irrelevant?"

Actually ML that is exactly why I came to this site and asked about AO and DJ. It appears to have created some issue for others and made it impossible to get any relevant input.

C
C
You got input. As far as AOs and DJs, just stop it. IDing AOs is easy, DJs will take more work. Have you identified the DJs you make?

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by CWMI
You got input. As far as AOs and DJs, just stop it. IDing AOs is easy, DJs will take more work. Have you identified the DJs you make?

Yeap great advice.

C
C
And no answer...have you identified your LBs? What are they?

(Oscar Wilde)
C
C
Go look at the questionnaires, this isn't a hand-holding or mind-reading board.

(Oscar Wilde)
S
S

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
C
C
That looks like it, but is missing the tables from the journal. Same authors, titles, and text, although I only read some of this and note it is the working paper, may differ slightly from the published version. What I quoted is on page 15 of this.

(Oscar Wilde)
C
C
Heh, I got to the end and they do have the tables, but not all prettied up like in the published pdf version, in graph form and all...but yeah, that's the study.

(Oscar Wilde)
M
M
The program is the only thing I came here to discuss. How to handle my own AO and DJ.

I thought I gave you that.

If you listen to Dr. Harley's radio show daily, and start listening to old shows in the archives, you'll get a lot more review and detail on the information.

Again I suggest that you tone down the sarcasm, since that's absolutely what you have to do to work on AO and DJ, if you are serious on working on these two issues.

My anger management therapist works mostly with angry men; he says sometimes a wife of such a man will ask him for a diagnosis of her husband. He tells her her husband is diagnosed as a "chronic jerk," and that the goal of treatment is for him to become a "recovering jerk."

Don't be a jerk, you know? One of the biggest tricks is learning not to give yourself permission to be a jerk even when you feel like other people are being a jerk to you.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
It appears to have created some issue for others and made it impossible to get any relevant input.

I may not be so inclined to continue to give you input if you continue to conveniently forget it just to make points in your arguments with other posters on your site. It seems more important to you to be able to claim you were poorly treated here than it is to actually work on the issues you claim you came here to work on. Why don't you just click "ignore" on the people you don't want to hear from and focus on the input you've actually gotten for the problems you want to work on?

If you want to work on AO and DJ, I strongly strongly suggest you quit trying to win arguments around here. If you can't learn to let some things run off your back you'll probably not be able to handle AO and DJ.

I tell my kids not to try to straighten each other out and that it's okay if their brothers or sisters are wrong. Can you handle it if other people here have an opinion about you that you feel is wrong? Can you accept that and just let go of the issue? Or will you always feel the need to straighten them out? This is a skill you're going to have to master if you want to eliminate angry outbursts and disrespectful judgments.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Google for "psychological ping pong."

Practice playing here.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation