Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
SadDude Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hey Forum. Have been recovering with FWW for since Nov2012, with mostly good news to report. However, we had a bizarre turn of events that turned us upside down for a few days.
FWW has done her part, maintaining NC and rebuilding our lives together. DDay was Nov2011, after a 10 yr A. Out of the blue, a text from POSOM arrives, wishing her "Happy Mother's Day. ISWFY" If you google that term, be prepared...
I discovered the phone record the day after the text, and found that FWW had only just seen it that next AM, and was waiting to alert me at an opportune time during a break in her busy work day. I wasn't pleased at the delay, and became incensed after we both discovered the meaning of ISWFY. We had a rough night.
Here's the twist. Next day, I receive a LinkedIn invite to become the POSOM's "contact". I don't know this guy - This is like pouring salt in a wound. I can't rule out that the POSOM didn't do these things, but now WE are VERY suspicious that there may be someone else meddling with this guy's accounts.
Some background: My original source for the A (sadly, a little late...10 yrs) was a FGF of OM, who admitted to me that she'd hacked into his email & phone records over the yrs & discovered the A-- several times over the 4 yrs while she was dating him. What's puzzling with this scenario is that she said she'd "moved on" from this POSOM, and isn't even in the area.
My FWW and I have accepted that this is the likely scenario, and calm has been somewhat restored, but we're a little on edge still.
I'm sure there have been bizarre twists to recovery before, but this sure seems to be one of them.

Me: BH 53
FWW 49
Married 29 yrs
DDay Mid Nov11
In recovery - thank you, MB!
P
P
Originally Posted by SadDude
I don't know this guy - This is like pouring salt in a wound. I can't rule out that the POSOM didn't do these things, but now WE are VERY suspicious that there may be someone else meddling with this guy's accounts.

SadDude. Why don't you call the rat? Where is that "hell is coming" clip?

Why and who would want to mess with you like that?

Ramp up the snooping. You will feel safer if you can verify NC. If there is contact resuming, then you will need to take action.

Be like James Bond. Cool and in control.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

M
M
You are on the road to recovery. A deviant has no effect on this process because you won't let it. You won this, man. He just cant take his loss. Savor the win as he dreams of what you get whenever you want.

I think if this all the time when i get mad. I think that my w om is stuck with what hes stuck with as i get my wife. Simple, i know. But no one has ever accused me of being deep.

Life keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the fuuuu-ture.
B
B
Here's the clip where Dr. Harley encourages BH to contact OM. Go to the end of the thread for the radio clip.
Radio clip Dr. H encourages BH contact OM

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

N
N
Well, file this under, "I Wish I'd...."

Lat year, when POSOM tailed your FWW home in her car, you had the opportunity to...impress upon him...the new reality that he was to live with: that any attempt to contact your FWW would precipitate on him certain (unnamed) negative consequences. You instead sent a surrogate. sigh

You are now given what few of us are ever accorded - the opportunity for a second chance. What will you do with it, my friend?

M
M
If it were me, in the interest of making it clear that my wife has no intetest in him and that what he has will be but sweet memories of your wife, i would show up at his home, work, or anywhere he is to give him a physical reminder.

The program allows for one warning to affair partners that its over. A msg such as what he sent requires a strong response in terms of fists and Louisville sluggers.

Please, effing please, let me catch my w om trying to call, text, email, even smoke signal her something. Im begging.

Hes really just asking for a beatdown.

Life keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the fuuuu-ture.
S
S
Why wasn't your W's phone number changed????????????????

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
SadDude Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the comments, and the concerns. I'm realizing I have a date error.. DDay for us was Nov2011.

For the record, I did call OM within a single day of DDay, and made it clear about NC, and he clearly understood this. There was also a VM I left which was "crystal clear". When he tailed FWW a month later, I did send a very able surrogate, who was much more "diplomatic" than I would have been.
On Monday, after seeing the outrageous text, I was fully prepared to confront OM, and lined up my able bodied surrogate- you'll have to trust me on this- together we would make a very formidable "problem".
But when that LinkedIn msg came in, we re-evaluated what was going on here, and have enough doubt about the players that we have put the brakes on confrontation. Turns out it's easy to spoof a text msg & it's easy to hack into an account with weak Passwords. Particularly by someone who's done it before (to the OM who has sloppy security habits) - and who may have malice in their heart. I'm pretty convinced that it's the former GF who's up to no good.
Like Bond, my guard is up... it's been WAY up since DDay, and I'm in control. Thanks PokerFace, for referencing one of my favorite good guys!

FWW 49
Married 29 yrs
DDay Mid Nov11
B
B
Originally Posted by SusieQ
Why wasn't your W's phone number changed????????????????
Change both yours and your W's contact numbers, emails, everything.

Do you live in the same area.?

Dr. Harley will recommend moving in a lot of cases. I can find a radio clip if you'd like.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
L
I can find a radio clip if you'd like.

I bet you can grin

I think all the links and radio clip finds are such a great help for so many.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
N
N
I'll bet BH is a librarian, or a museum curator, in real life!

B
B
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
I'll bet BH is a librarian, or a museum curator, in real life!

Haha nope an Engineer.

Originally Posted by Logans_Run
I can find a radio clip if you'd like.
I bet you can grin

I think all the links and radio clip finds are such a great help for so many.

Thanks.

laugh

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
B
Here's a link about moving away.

Radio clip

POJA with your WW. Get away from this OM.

What are you doing to affair proof your M?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

N
N
nope an Engineer

Shhhh, don't let Pepperband know. She'll dose you with her engineer-repellent spray! It made my slide-rule jam, and my pocket-protector crumble!

B
B
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
nope an Engineer

Shhhh, don't let Pepperband know. She'll dose you with her engineer-repellent spray! It made my slide-rule jam, and my pocket-protector crumble!
Well aren't you under "constructive" surgery to look more like her?

Then we won't need that pesky spray because we will have a Pep in our pocket? grin

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

L
L
sad dude, i don't know about you, but i tend to be a hoarder of data. i would hang on to that linkedin invite, because if it does turn out to be from him, you have a major form of retaliation available to you via the "write a reference" (or whatever the term is they use). and i would go whole hog on that booger.

and if it's someone else playing sillybuggers...well, that sucks eggs. what an a$$ hole thing to do.

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
S
SadDude Offline OP
OP Offline
S
OK, Letty, I'll hang on to the LinkedIn invite. Good idea.
It was suggested by some worthy vets that we change our ctc numbers and/or get out of town. We're local business folks, and have to maintain a visible profile, so we've opted not to change. I realize that it's a risk, and doesn't align with MB principles & solutions, but we've put in place a series of MB things to restore our relationship and make us "affair proof". Besides this, we need "time" to work its part of the miracle, like its done for so many others.
Tried to call POSOM a few times yesterday eve, and had to settle for a VMail with little info except to call me back. Will try again. I want to ask him directly if he initiated these contacts, or someone "hacked" his accounts.

FWW 49
Married 29 yrs
DDay Mid Nov11
S
S
It was suggested by some worthy vets that we change our ctc numbers and/or get out of town. We're local business folks, and have to maintain a visible profile, so we've opted not to change. I realize that it's a risk,

Don't need to change the cell phone number? Huh? This shocked me so much that I went back and read your first thread.

I think you got very good advice there that you need to revisit:
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2592493&page=5

Your W had a 10 year A with this man and he is still in town? OM has as recently as Feb of this year chased her down in his car?

I am sorry, but I see red flags all over this. I hope that you two will implement REAL extraordinary precautions...as there is a serious lack of them presently. And until then, I agree with Pep that GPS should be put on her car and you need to watch her like a hawk because this is at high risk for reigniting.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
B
B
Originally Posted by Pepperband
I'm open to advice...

pray I hope this is true.

Put a GPS on her vehicle. Do not tell WW.
Put spyware on her computer & her phone. Do not tell WW.
Cancel any credit cards WW may have that you cannot monitor.
WW must agree that YOU control all the family finances and all the bills come to you.

Chances are very very high that this adultery/affair will fire up again once the infidels think you are not paying attention.
No matter WHAT WW tells you, she is a high risk for rekindling this adultery.
YOU must remain vigilant for many many years.

If you do not GPS/spyware as advised, please get yourself re-tested for STDs every 3-4 months.

Your unwillingness to take aggressive actions to protect your marriage will keep yours a HIGH RISK situation !!!!

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

S
S
Saddude, every contact that your FWW has with OM has a chance to reignite the affair. You shouldn't be taking any chances.

Has your FWW sent OM a NCL?

Was the affair exposed far and wide?

Do you really believe that OM is going to tell you the truth?

Are you two following any MB plans for recovery? Does your FWW have a list of EPs?

Changing the phone numbers should have been a minimum.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (SadNewYorker), 194 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation