Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
SadDude Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for weighing in. I'm acutely aware of the danger of contacts restarting the A, and have done quite a bit to monitor comms and prevent contact. We have written plans in place and are working the plan. We have boundaries, where before there were few. We reference MB for guidance as we move forward.
There was some exposure post-A, but only to those we felt would be helpful. Exposed to OM's Former W,where he has frequent contact via kids, but that did not include OMs workplace -which will happen if I discover that this latest contact was indeed initiated by him.

Me: BH 53
FWW 49
Married 29 yrs
DDay Mid Nov11
In recovery - thank you, MB!
M
M
Originally Posted by SadDude
Thanks for weighing in. I'm acutely aware of the danger of contacts restarting the A, and have done quite a bit to monitor comms and prevent contact. We have written plans in place and are working the plan. We have boundaries, where before there were few. We reference MB for guidance as we move forward.
There was some exposure post-A, but only to those we felt would be helpful. Exposed to OM's Former W,where he has frequent contact via kids, but that did not include OMs workplace -which will happen if I discover that this latest contact was indeed initiated by him.
Sad Dude, understand that hacking is real, and rare. No one is interested enough in your WW's sitch with OM to hack into an email account and send a message to your WW. WHY does she have the same email account or phone number? You should have changed all of your contact info after D-Day.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

C
C
If you cant change numbers your wife should have her cell # blocked from his digits and most certainly have her settings to send and receive texts only from you/family etc. Puhleeze....this is sooo simple...plug up these holes.

Me: 34yrs
OM #1 ONS July 2010
OM #2 internet/text EA (9/10-2/11)

He: WH 38 yrs
OW#1 Former friend, 7 month EA & PA 1/11-7/11
OW#2 Ex-GF, 1 month phone/ FB EA & ONS 7/11

Recovering MB Online!

M
M
Originally Posted by CaliSun
If you cant change numbers your wife should have her cell # blocked from his digits and most certainly have her settings to send and receive texts only from you/family etc. Puhleeze....this is sooo simple...plug up these holes.
I agree that plugging the hole is necessary, but merely blocking his number won't help if he calls from another number.

I changed my husband's cell phone number after D-Day. It was an EP he enthusiastically agreed with. End of potential problem.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

K
K
i can totally relate to this as i have had to take an ivo out ow, after continious contact to my friends & family thru facebook, also under several fake names, giving details of the A to anyone who would listen
it's not so easy to make them go away, so i feel for you.
I kept getting told to ignore but thats not so easy & it still upsets things for a few days
I definatley keep my guard up & not sure that it will ever come down

Me (BW): 35
WH: 36
Kids: DD7 and DD2
Married 11 years
D Day: 9 Dec 2011
Trying for recovery
S
SadDude Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Bliss, I've concluded that there IS someone out there, with bad intentions, that would do such a thing ( such as make hurtful follow-on contact)- someone with intimate knowledge of our situation, and who made the initial alert to me of the A's existence. She was the POSOM's ex-GF, the "concerned citizen", reportedly with a drinking problem, and who had related her own successful hacking into OM's accounts for years. She probably now can't stand the fact that she wasn't successful in destroying our M, and that we (W and me) are staying together.
This person is savvy enough to spoof a text message and hack a LinkedIn account. She had supposedly moved on, but for whatever reason, has come back into the fray to toss in a couple of grenades.
POSOM hasn't been reachable; he was alerted early of my calls (via caller ID), and won't take them (or my surrogate's), supposedly after "friending" me on LinkedIn. No one who is in line for an a**-whippin' would "friend" someone on LinkedIn or any OTHER social media.
Can you think of any other explanation that makes sense?

FWW 49
Married 29 yrs
DDay Mid Nov11
S
SadDude Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Bingo... and so in came the tell-tale texts from the OM's ex-GF (my original source for DDay), checking in to see how things were going, because she just got "curious" (5 mos later from our last contact)how my FWW and I were doing. I made her call me to make sure I wasn't talking to a "spoofer", and she did call. I did not accuse her of the spoofs or hacks, but after a while she felt herself losing control of the conversation, could sense a trap, and apologized for this day's contact and any "pot-stirring" that she may have caused. She never admitted to anything, and I didn't accuse.
Clearly, her lack of patience flushed her out, as she just didn't get the kind of reaction to her horrific acts that she wanted.
So there you have it... there really are troublemakers out there, sometimes they look and sound normal, but aren't. She wanted to appear as a friend, but is anything but.

FWW 49
Married 29 yrs
DDay Mid Nov11
B
B
Glad it wasn't OM.

Sounds like exGF is still living in the drama and can't get over him cheating on her and because her and OM's relationship didn't last she has an axe t grind with your W.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 431 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation