Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 48 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 47 48
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Originally Posted by rainysweet
I have blocked him and rodent. They can't reach me.
They can call you from a different number and it will get through. If you change your number then they can't.

A rodent finds small cracks and get in the house.

HAHA. So true. She so does that. Yuck. So would you change all my kids' cell phones too? We have no home phone, just a cell phone plan since I have 3 teenagers. What a pain! But you all said stay on fb right? Don't close my fb account?

Also, would you guys try to message more of her contacts in the next day or 2 when I get unblocked? Or you just hit once, get who you can, and that's it? I only got to about 1/3 of her list before I was shut down.

Married: 22 years
Me: BW 41
Him: WH 43
Sons: 19, 17, 12
Daughter: 16
DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Brief recovery of a few months in there.
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
L
L
rainy, i am SO PROUD of you! it doesn't really matter that you didn't hit the whole list if you did your 2 strategics lists first. if i were you, i'd try to finish, but it may not really be necessary.

i am so thrilled you finally did it! you go, girl!!

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
R
OP Offline
R
So thoughts on trying to expose to more people on rodent's list? Do people complain and get you shut down? Trying to be strategic. Not sure if I can send messages today, or if I'm still blocked anyway. But is it better to wait until late at night so people don't find out as messages are coming in? I'm down to the more questionable people on her list, who may freak out at me.

I got one scathing message from her upstanding Christian friend about how I'm just trying to hurt poor rodent. (I admit I WOULD like to leave a rat trap on her front porch or sprinkle her chocolate covered strawberries with D-con). The rest were supportive. Even her own sister said, "Why didn't you do this 2 years ago? Can I forward it to everyone I know?" smile That made me happy.

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
R
OP Offline
R
So thoughts on trying to expose to more people on rodent's list? Do people complain and get you shut down? Trying to be strategic. Not sure if I can send messages today, or if I'm still blocked anyway. But is it better to wait until late at night so people don't find out as messages are coming in? I'm down to the more questionable people on her list, who may freak out at me.

I got one scathing message from her upstanding Christian friend about how I'm just trying to hurt poor rodent. (I admit I WOULD like to leave a rat trap on her front porch or sprinkle her chocolate covered strawberries with D-con). The rest were supportive. Even her own sister said, "Why didn't you do this 2 years ago? Can I forward it to everyone I know?" smile That made me happy.

Oh, and Brain, I'm so grateful for your suggested response. Thank you! I answered her, "Interesting that you think I'm the one who is bent on hurting others. Thanks for sharing your opinion. I hope she doesn't come after your husband! Have a great day:)" Then I blocked her kiss

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
V
V

Keep exposing! You have absolutely nothing to lose at this point. Just slow it down a little. You only get locked out of FB for an hour or two when they think it's spam so you could've started back up sooner. I would get going again now.

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

R
OP Offline
R
Okay, thanks, Tiger. The fb note said it could be because people were complaining about my post, so I wasn't sure.

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
B
B

Oh, and Brain, I'm so grateful for your suggested response. Thank you! I answered her, "Interesting that you think I'm the one who is bent on hurting others. Thanks for sharing your opinion. I hope she doesn't come after your husband! Have a great day:)" Then I blocked her kiss

You go girl!!! Love it!!! I love your response to her "Christian" (I say that lightly) friend. She better watch her own husband.

You told the sister " yes please forward it to everyone including her BH again"

I love when family members of OP support the betrayed. That speaks volumes. Don't you feel fantastic?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

You go girl!!! Love it!!! I love your response to her "Christian" (I say that lightly) friend. She better watch her own husband.

You told the sister " yes please forward it to everyone including her BH again"

I love when family members of OP support the betrayed. That speaks volumes. Don't you feel fantastic?

Yes it does, and yes I do! Thanks!

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
B
B
Even her own sister said, "Why didn't you do this 2 years ago? Can I forward it to everyone I know?" smile

stickout

Good job, rainy! weightlifter

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
U
U
Great job RS!!! And I am happy to hear your WH has not even tried to contact you! Surprised, but pleasantly so:)

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by black_raven
Even her own sister said, "Why didn't you do this 2 years ago? Can I forward it to everyone I know?" smile

stickout

Good job, rainy! weightlifter

Thanks, BR. Thanks for all your help:)

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by unwritten
Great job RS!!! And I am happy to hear your WH has not even tried to contact you! Surprised, but pleasantly so:)

I am quite surprised myself. Hope it's not a bad thing. Maybe he had a heart attack. Or maybe it's all the prayers on my behalf.

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
R
OP Offline
R
Been working on Round 2 of exposure for the past 2 hours - going much slower tonight so as not to be shut down. May be up all night - who knows?

What do you think about exposing to teenagers on rodent's fb friend list? Nieces and nephews, and then I assume friends of her kids? Or even kids she's taught at church? Yes, or horrible?

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
R
R
I wouldn't personally send messages to teens.

L
L
i wouldn't either, though to the supervisor(s) in charge of her teaching (sunday school?) would be effective. good luck rainy! so proud of you!

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
R
OP Offline
R
How many hours have I spent on exposure? Holy cow. I could barely stay awake at work today, so I got an early start tonight - 7:30. I'm still going and it's almost 1:30. Hope it's worth it! I hope the skank doesn't dare show her face again, to anyone.

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
M
M
GOod job, Rainy!! hurray

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
GOod job, Rainy!! hurray

Thanks, Melody:)

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
H
H
Theres no stopping you now! Well done Rainy round 2. I'm so glad you've received supportive replies. I'm really suprised Pinoke is laying low ... not a bad thing though.

I agree I wouldn't PM teenagers.

Hope you enjoy a well earned sleep when you finally get it. Doesn't it feel great to expose! wink

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Married: 22yrs 8mths
DS 9yrs;DD 19yrs;DS 21yrs
Bomb drop:marriage not working don't know if ILY 12.11.11
DD:26.11.11
WH moves to OW house 28.11.11
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12
D:20.7.14

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
S
S
Rainy, AMAZING JOB. Once you are done with exposure, then you can get into the safety of Plan B, and begin to really heal.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 30 of 48 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation