Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 48 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 47 48
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by rainysweet
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
One can only hope, but I suspect this guy is a complete eunuch who cares more about conflict avoidance than he does his own family. sick

Since you put it that way, pinoke did say in the distant past that rodent had turned BH into a "neutered pile of mush" but that she would never do such a thing to him, he had the balls to not allow it. Yeah. Recently he went off on balless BH again, at which time I pointed out, "She has turned you into the biggest pile of neutered mush I've ever seen, pinoke. And you sold your family, your life, and your soul for the privilege of allowing her to . . . Who's the bigger idiot?" faint

You know, in some cases where the betrayed parent is so complacent, the children sometimes step in and handle the problem. For example, we had one such BH whose 18 year old daughter actually kicked the WW out of the house. The WW was flaunting the affair in their faces so the 18 year old daughter packed her bags and kicked her out!

AWESOME daughter! Can I borrow her for a couple days? Send her out there to shape things up at rodent's house? Good for her.

Married: 22 years
Me: BW 41
Him: WH 43
Sons: 19, 17, 12
Daughter: 16
DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Brief recovery of a few months in there.
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
R
OP Offline
R
I have received word that rodent removed her Facebook post. "There are no words . . . thank you, friends, for knowing better and not believing such vicious lies."

laugh

I only hope everyone saw it first. rotflmao

"Rainy is a horrible, vindictive, psychopath liar. I have no idea why she insists on torturing poor little me. Perhaps she's jealous - everyone wants to be a rodent, right? And of course all my adoring fans out there believe me . . . right?"
Nooo

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
V
V
Oh they saw it, otherwise she would have no reason to remove it. I actually chuckle to myself when you call her rodent because she is certainly scurrying around like one now. I can almost picture it.

Again, awesome job! I doubt you'll ever forget this Memorial Day weekend. Try and have some fun with the rest of it with your kids. Lord knows you've earned it.

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

K
K

Let the whole world know that today is the day of reckoning.

You didn't burn down your own house, but you burned theirs but good!

Congrats!

H
H
Hi Rainy, thanks for checking in on me on my thread, hadn't been posting the last few days haven't been the best. Yes I've posted about it as requested, should have relied on MB for support.... enough about that onto you.

I am so pleased that you have had such a great response to exposure. I really believe your evidence link has been a great help in that dept. I wish I had dated evidence to prove A prior to separation, that may have been helpful in my case. I think the link was a great strike against the A. It provides proof for those wanting evidence and saves you the grief of individual replies. Well done dance2

Last edited by happyfuture66; 05/26/12 10:31 PM. Reason: typo

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Married: 22yrs 8mths
DS 9yrs;DD 19yrs;DS 21yrs
Bomb drop:marriage not working don't know if ILY 12.11.11
DD:26.11.11
WH moves to OW house 28.11.11
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12
D:20.7.14

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by KaylaAndy

Let the whole world know that today is the day of reckoning.

You didn't burn down your own house, but you burned theirs but good!

Congrats!

Thanks, KA. Inspiring.

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
X
Xau Offline
X
rainysweet:- A stirling piece of work on your side, if only more BS would do the same.

R
OP Offline
R
Sweet, happy, peaceful day today. Went to church, cleaned the kitchen, made a nice dinner for my family. DS19 came over, so all 4 children were here. He brought his girlfriend to meet me. (So glad he will do that!) Cooked a big ham, made homemade rolls that my kids love . . . and cinnamon rolls for dessert. Kids even helped clean the kitchen without being asked. smile

Plaque hanging on our wall caught my eye when I turned around after seeing DS19 off at the door: The love of a family is life's greatest blessing. So grateful for a beautiful day, and wonderful kids.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by Xau
rainysweet:- A stirling piece of work on your side, if only more BS would do the same.

Thanks, Xau! smile

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
B
B
Originally Posted by Xau

Thanks, Xau! smile
So maybe you can help other BS who are scared to expose since you learned from your experience?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Originally Posted by Xau

Thanks, Xau! smile
So maybe you can help other BS who are scared to expose since you learned from your experience?

I've been trying to, Brain. If there's someone I could possibly help that I've missed, let me know! Hope you are well smile

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
B
B
Originally Posted by rainyweet
I've been trying to, Brain. If there's someone I could possibly help that I've missed, let me know! Hope you are well smile

Yes you have and we've noticed and thank you for that. You've done wonderful by paying it forward. Just glad to have another MB warrior help on the boards. weightlifter

I'm doing well my friend and thanks for asking. smile

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

R
OP Offline
R
VET QUESTION:

I have a court hearing this week to get my permanent protective order to protect me and my children from wayward alien psycho. I'm sure pinoke will bring up the exposure website, messages, "slander," MrRollieEyes, etc.

I intend to begin with the simple statement that this affair has clearly driven him off the deep end, that I am done with threats and violence, and that I figured I had to stand up to the affair as well as him, if I ever hoped for anything to change. Hopefully that will be enough.

I know it's been said on here somewhere that you need to take full responsibility for exposure, not try to push it off on MB. Makes sense, of course. And I certainly don't want pinoke lurking around on here and coming after you all on his little wooden puppet legs. dance2

But what I wondered is this: If the issue is pushed, or the judge is not understanding, do you think it would be appropriate for me to print off some of Dr. Harley's advice on exposure? Or maybe just take the SAA book with me? I would only show the direct advice of Dr. Harley, not mention MB at all, and only even do that if I felt like I had to in order to win my case. But if push comes to shove, it might help if I could show that a therapist and marriage expert recommended the course of action I had taken- that it wasn't just a psychotic vindictive episode.

Opinions appreciated in the next couple of days. Hearing is on Thursday, and I'm trying to get everything together.

If anyone thinks of it, pray for me that day pray. Would be wonderful if for some reason pinoke just didn't show - I would be sooo happy. Would it be wrong to pray for him to be stricken with violent stomach flu or have his car break down that day? I so don't want to see him. I am loving Plan B and po. I can breathe. I opened all the blinds and curtains today for the first time in 2 weeks. Ah, sunlight! smile

Thanks all,
Rainy

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
L
L
hi rainy. i'm no pro, but i'm a big believer in being proactive. i would print the website, have the originals too, and anything about Dr H you think would be appropriate (especially related to his PhD, results, etc (professional stuff), PLUS any other evidence you have of the affair (the FB messages, other photos, etc). paper, paper, paper! your WH can't raise any issue, really, because all you have done is told the TRUTH. and the truth has set you free, finally :O)

judges like people who are prepared. do you ever watch judge judy? whenever someone tries to bring up an issue, and there is no paper-proof, she tells them to forget it (in no uncertain terms). it's even better when they do and the OTHER person has proof to the contrary! what a chewing out the first person gets!

remember, calm, unruffled, and covered in proof (paperwork). i'll be thinking of you.

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by Letty
hi rainy. i'm no pro, but i'm a big believer in being proactive. i would print the website, have the originals too, and anything about Dr H you think would be appropriate (especially related to his PhD, results, etc (professional stuff), PLUS any other evidence you have of the affair (the FB messages, other photos, etc). paper, paper, paper! your WH can't raise any issue, really, because all you have done is told the TRUTH. and the truth has set you free, finally :O)

judges like people who are prepared. do you ever watch judge judy? whenever someone tries to bring up an issue, and there is no paper-proof, she tells them to forget it (in no uncertain terms). it's even better when they do and the OTHER person has proof to the contrary! what a chewing out the first person gets!

remember, calm, unruffled, and covered in proof (paperwork). i'll be thinking of you.

Thank you, Letty. All excellent advice.

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
N
N
Hi Rainy,

You have been doing amazingly well, it's great to read your thread and I find myself cheering you on a little bit more each day.

I am no vet but agree with lefty, the more prepared you are the better.

I would go far as advising you to also take copies of the emails of support you received from OW own sister and any other friends to show how badly she has effected your WH.

How does your 19 year old feel about supporting you in court or if intimidated by WH would he write a letter to the judge explaining the scary behaviour your WH had exhibited?? I know it's not particularly nice to involve the kids but they have all been dragged into this madness by your WH and your 19 year old could be helpful.

BW 36(Me)
WS 38
Married: 2000
DD1November 22 2008 - DD2 October 2014
PA Duration September 08 - November 08
Second discovery- 6 online affairs 4 sexual one emotional. October 2014.kids: DS 17, DS 14, DS 12, DS 10 . Baby after divorce DS 18months

Divorced

Was misled into thinking we were in recovery for 6 years.

If you were shocked reading any of this, that this is the consequence of not following MB to the LETTER.

K
K
Be sure to bring up her influence on him withholding child support from you and that he continues to try to starve you and your children into submission, so you attacked the one thing that had influenced him to become violent, a danger to your children (be sure to bring up the car chase) and abusive.

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by NB28
Hi Rainy,

You have been doing amazingly well, it's great to read your thread and I find myself cheering you on a little bit more each day.

I am no vet but agree with lefty, the more prepared you are the better.

I would go far as advising you to also take copies of the emails of support you received from OW own sister and any other friends to show how badly she has effected your WH.

How does your 19 year old feel about supporting you in court or if intimidated by WH would he write a letter to the judge explaining the scary behaviour your WH had exhibited?? I know it's not particularly nice to involve the kids but they have all been dragged into this madness by your WH and your 19 year old could be helpful.

Thank you, NB,

Those are good ideas, but I am a little worried about using them. I do hate to involve the kids, but you're right - he already has. DS19 is in a very bad spot. He's a very calm, steady, peace-loving kinda kid (complete opposite of dad). He's not afraid to work or stand up in what he believes in, played basketball in high school, he just isn't an aggressive personality.

He would HATE to do that, but he would if I told him I needed him to. (He would love it if his dad disappeared and he never had to see him again, he just hates the direct conflict with a man who's so psycho). He's always really struggled with his dad. Pinoke has always told him he's a wuss, etc. because he does not have that psychotic temper or "run over anyone you can to get what you want" mentality. He's a good, sweet, successful kid, outgoing, funny, lots of friends, everyone loves him, and it's always broken my heart how rotten his own dad is to him.

The problem is that his dad is kind of a big wig in a local government agency, and has influence, and conflict of interest with construction companies all over the area. Short story, DS19's own father got him fired from a decent job. DS19 is trying to work, go to school, live on his own, and support himself. He has some construction certifications, and that's the only industry at this point in his life where he can really make enough money to support himself until he gets through school.

He's well aware of his father's behavior, but doesn't live here and was not here to witness recent events.

He was actually working FOR his dad for a few weeks (which pinoke loves, knowing he has the kid under his thumb completely). He was forced into it when he lost the other job, and needed money. For this reason, he asked me not to list him on the PO. He had to communicate with his father to go to work and get paid, although he avoids it as much as possible. Pinoke tried to use him as an IM but I did shut that down - told him he has no obligation to his father, to communicate with him, anything, and to tell him that I said I refuse to communicate through our son, period. There's been no more of that.

DS19 finally got a new job, which pinoke could have helped him with long ago and would not - good that he got it all on his own though. It's not with an outside contractor who may fear his dad now, but it's with the actual agency his dad works for. A dept. he is not over, but bottom line is -he can probably get his own son fired again if he so chooses. And if DS19 stands up to him, he will so choose, almost assuredly. DS19 and I were both so grateful that he got this job as far out from under his dad as possible, but if he wants to go after him, he will.

As far as rodent's sister goes, she hates her sister and wants this to go down, but she didn't really want her to know she had communicated with me. She was nervous about sharing more information. The whole family has been hearing how I am such a psychotic b*tch, "emotionally unstable" etc. wife for 3 1/2 years now. They don't really believe much of anything she says, but she doesn't want to be thrown in a position that might make other family members angry with her.

So I feel like if I use either of those things, I'll be throwing my own child under the bus, as well as a woman who was kind and courageous enough to stand up and help me - I'll be kinda stabbing her in the back in return for her help. Make sense?

So I don't feel like I can morally use either of those options. Maybe I could ask her permission to use the fb messages she sent me, but I know she won't want me to. And the niece asked me not to even tell anyone she had communicated with me at all, including her own mother (the sister who helped me). She is only 19 too, and I feel an obligation to protect her.

Make sense?

I don't know if the judge will look at it, no minor children are allowed. But I think I may ask DD16 and DS12 to write letters saying why they fear their father and don't want to see him, just in case. They are the ones who really need the PO.

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement.

Rainy

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
M
M
But what I wondered is this: If the issue is pushed, or the judge is not understanding, do you think it would be appropriate for me to print off some of Dr. Harley's advice on exposure? Or maybe just take the SAA book with me? I would only show the direct advice of Dr. Harley, not mention MB at all, and only even do that if I felt like I had to in order to win my case. But if push comes to shove, it might help if I could show that a therapist and marriage expert recommended the course of action I had taken- that it wasn't just a psychotic vindictive episode.

Rainy, all you did was expose truth. There is no reason that everyone shouldn't know about the affair. What could possibly be wrong with exposing truth? That is just an admission that there is something wrong with what they are doing.

Even so, I agree with the others that you should go prepared just in case. I would take this article: http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi8112_exposed.html

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
p.s. I don't think SAA has anything about exposure in it. They recently rewrote it to include exposure but I don't think it has been released yet.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Page 36 of 48 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation