Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 48 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 47 48
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by Caracal
Originally Posted by rainysweet
I'm in the right, and I have no choice after all this attack but to stand up and defend my family.
And that you have rainy, what a warrior you have shown yourself to be clap

Now, after Thursday, retire from the battle and heal your wounds. Plan B for you, no more Plan B-ite me (although I loved that saying and think exposure is actually an important step for the healing of the BS, Plan A or B).

I hope you plan a fun weekend with your family. You deserve it.

Thanks, Caracal smile

I will be so relieved to get Thursday over with and quit worrying about these people, like you said, go to a calm, peaceful Plan B. I just want enough money to take care of my kids, and for all this garbage to disappear from my life. Sigh.

Married: 22 years
Me: BW 41
Him: WH 43
Sons: 19, 17, 12
Daughter: 16
DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Brief recovery of a few months in there.
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
L
L
It will be good to have thursday over with. It will be a huge weight off of you. Just realize that you have been running on adrenaline for awhile. So after court on thursday, have some nice things planned for yourself and you children. There are some things you can do now, but after court, get yourself some pretty flowers for yourself. Those always make me feel better and it is a gift from myself.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
R
OP Offline
R
Nice though, LT. Thanks. I will. My older kids will be out of school too, so maybe we'll go do something fun.

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
L
L
hi rainy. wow you signed your divorce papers! what a HUGE step! i cannot believe how different you sound now. so cool and confident - a huge step away from where you were when you first started posting.

congratulations of being able to deal with your situation. i hope you have a great afternoon with your kids, today and every day this summer :O)

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks, Letty:) We have year-round school here for the younger grades (not sure about where you are), so DS12 and I are still in school until the end of June. DS19 is done with this semester of college. DS17 and DD16 will get out after this week.
Older 3 are all working too. Strange.

But we will spend some time together. It will be a peaceful summer, once I get all this over with. First summer in 3 years without the stress of pinoke and rodent ruining it all. Just me and my kids. We'll be free.

Sounds like you have some good things planned from your thread. Hope all is happy in your neck of the woods too. smile

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
R
OP Offline
R
I have received some very good advice - thanks all. I just wondered if anyone on here has dealt directly with a PO hearing? I'd feel better if I knew what to expect. Even my lawyer couldn't tell me a whole lot.

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
L
L
mmm, it was over 25 years ago, but i had to have one w/my first husband, who was physically abusive. i just took all my evidence with me, including a completely written out statement of events and photos of bite marks, bruises, car dents and the like.

i didn't have any witnesses, though my sister-in-law witnessed the first event. [my MIL said i deserved it, and NO ONE believed that he was beating me, because he was "such a great guy!" - including my own family]. yes, i asked him to drop me off at his sister's so i could take her to college and enroll; that was such a terrible thing to do he punched me in the parking lot when he dropped me off. i shook and bled for the next 2 hours and his sister said NOTHING. he also once attacked me in front of a bank - kicking, screaming, punching, etc. not one person helped. i went straight to the PD by myself and they took a statement & photos.

if you're thinking that you don't have "enough" evidence, don't fret. my exh never hit me in the face - in fact, he preferred biting to hitting; more terrorizing. that didn't matter in the end. you don't need to be battered and torn to get a PO.

the court hearing took about 10 minutes; i said about 2 sentences. PO granted. i didn't have a lawyer. neither did he. if you think about worst-case scenarios, the worst thing he can do is deny he did it - that's it. what else can he say? the judge looks at your evidence: case closed. stay calm and controlled and stick to the facts. you'll be fine :O)

ps rainy, you need to link your thread in your sig line for all the new posters who need to learn how to expose!

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
H
H
Rainy, You have come such a long way, you must be proud of all you have achieved. You have done an amazing job of standing up for yourself and your children. You will do fine on Thursday, you have the confidence and strength to complete the final part of your protection plan. It will be great to have this behind you so you can focus on you and your children.

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Married: 22yrs 8mths
DS 9yrs;DD 19yrs;DS 21yrs
Bomb drop:marriage not working don't know if ILY 12.11.11
DD:26.11.11
WH moves to OW house 28.11.11
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12
D:20.7.14

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by Letty
mmm, it was over 25 years ago, but i had to have one w/my first husband, who was physically abusive. i just took all my evidence with me, including a completely written out statement of events and photos of bite marks, bruises, car dents and the like.

i didn't have any witnesses, though my sister-in-law witnessed the first event. [my MIL said i deserved it, and NO ONE believed that he was beating me, because he was "such a great guy!" - including my own family]. yes, i asked him to drop me off at his sister's so i could take her to college and enroll; that was such a terrible thing to do he punched me in the parking lot when he dropped me off. i shook and bled for the next 2 hours and his sister said NOTHING. he also once attacked me in front of a bank - kicking, screaming, punching, etc. not one person helped. i went straight to the PD by myself and they took a statement & photos.

if you're thinking that you don't have "enough" evidence, don't fret. my exh never hit me in the face - in fact, he preferred biting to hitting; more terrorizing. that didn't matter in the end. you don't need to be battered and torn to get a PO.

the court hearing took about 10 minutes; i said about 2 sentences. PO granted. i didn't have a lawyer. neither did he. if you think about worst-case scenarios, the worst thing he can do is deny he did it - that's it. what else can he say? the judge looks at your evidence: case closed. stay calm and controlled and stick to the facts. you'll be fine :O)

ps rainy, you need to link your thread in your sig line for all the new posters who need to learn how to expose!

I don't know how to do that, Letty. Can you tell me how to do it? Would it be helpful to people? And thank you so much for sharing your story. That does make me feel a little better, just to have some idea.

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by happyfuture66
Rainy, You have come such a long way, you must be proud of all you have achieved. You have done an amazing job of standing up for yourself and your children. You will do fine on Thursday, you have the confidence and strength to complete the final part of your protection plan. It will be great to have this behind you so you can focus on you and your children.

Thanks, Happy:)

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks to everyone for all the help and support I've received.

Please, if you think of it, say a quick prayer for me tomorrow! Permanent PO hearing, need all the help I can get. Once this is taken care of, hopefully life in Plan D will be much sweeter and more peaceful. Thanks for the sweet thoughts and prayers.

Rainy

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
L
L
Originally Posted by rainysweet
I don't know how to do that, Letty. Can you tell me how to do it? Would it be helpful to people? And thank you so much for sharing your story. That does make me feel a little better, just to have some idea.

yep! click on "my stuff" then "edit profile."

scroll down to your text box where your details are.

type:

then open a second window and open the first page of your thread

copy and paste the info in the address bar (the www. stuff)
paste it directly after the "=" sign

then type [/url

then save your changes.

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
E
E
Rainy, you'll be in my thoughts tomorrow. Hang in there, girl!

R
OP Offline
R
Thanks, rocket! Very grateful:)

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
L
L
rainy, by the time i get up tomorrow, you'll probably be home from court. i am thinking of you, and pushing strength and power your way. i look forward to seeing your post about it in the morning!

stay strong, sister! calm, cool, covered in paperwork.

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by NB28
Rainy,

I totally understand your position regarding your DS19. I would not ask him to do anything but tell the truth, if he is uncomfortable doing that i can truly understand and it was just a suggestion nothing more.

As far as the sister in law and niece go well at the end of the day you should be in plan B and not communicating any further with them or getting any info on what the POSOW or you WH are up to so submitting their emails will not effect that outcome, your in plan B so if they cut you off no big loss there as you should be cutting the communication out anyway.

As far as caring about what their opinion is of you, that really does not matter. Who cares if they believe your a psycho? Does their opinion effect your life in any way?? I would say that's a clear NO.

If either those two ladies had to throw you under the bus to save their children from an abusive and unstable WS I doubt very much they would stop to think long enough to remember your name never mind care what you think of them. Your safety and your kids safety has to come first and if the sister and niece care one bit about you they would not stop you from using emails they sent you to help you protect yourself. And I'm giving you this advice because I have had to reveal confidential emails from the OWs friends that were sent to me following exposure to her employment in order to protect further families from suffering at her hands (my FWH was married man Number 4 she had the grace to hook up with at the work place).

Also it is very important to get any evidence as to your WHs bipolar disorder and that he has infact stopped taking medication. Get a written Doctors report confirming the side effects of a patient discontinuing medication. Have you got any of his medical records?? Is he or has he ever been under the care of a psychiatrist? Can you be the psychiatrist to take the stand to testify as to the possible effects of your awh discontinuing his meds and the risk this poses?

As stated before this fact alone is very concerning, I have personal experience with several people who have bipolar and have seen the effects of them going off the meds, it's not pretty at all.

I have a very heartbreaking experience involving one of my close friends and her bipolar H that I will share once I got a second to spare.

I would like to hear your story sometime when you have time, NB.

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
N
N
Rainy I'll save it for another day, today I'm thinking about you and praying that you get your PO. You have done so well you deserve the peace of mind.

BW 36(Me)
WS 38
Married: 2000
DD1November 22 2008 - DD2 October 2014
PA Duration September 08 - November 08
Second discovery- 6 online affairs 4 sexual one emotional. October 2014.kids: DS 17, DS 14, DS 12, DS 10 . Baby after divorce DS 18months

Divorced

Was misled into thinking we were in recovery for 6 years.

If you were shocked reading any of this, that this is the consequence of not following MB to the LETTER.

H
H
Rainy, My thoughts will be with you tomorrow. Remain calm as you face Pinoke, you have grown in strength and confidence, you can face this last hurdle. Then you can enjoy the peace of Plan B

Last edited by happyfuture66; 05/31/12 05:34 AM. Reason: typo

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Married: 22yrs 8mths
DS 9yrs;DD 19yrs;DS 21yrs
Bomb drop:marriage not working don't know if ILY 12.11.11
DD:26.11.11
WH moves to OW house 28.11.11
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12
D:20.7.14

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
J
J
Good luck today, Rainy! Stay strong, stay steady, don't let him or OW engage you, look at the judge only when you are talking, and stick to your agenda. You've articulated your position on everything so well (his violence, MH, the way the affair fits in, etc.)

And reread Art of War before you go in...it's a great encouragement.

Me, BS: 35
WxH: 36 "HAM" Hearts a mess
6yo DS (with WxH), 9 and 12yo DDs from first marriage
Discovered DH's affair in June, 2011
"I'm not having an affair, you're crazy." major gaslighting
Served with divorce papers on 2/3/12
Divorce final 7/29/2013
Living day by day, counting my blessings, loving my children
Personal Recovery well underway!
B
B
Rainy throwing up pray my friend.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Page 38 of 48 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (doseedo, 1 invisible), 533 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation