Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 43 of 48 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 47 48
B
B
Originally Posted by rainysweet
rotflmao

OMG! That is sooo funny! Should we? Tie it up in pink ribbons and let her open the disgusting thing? "Metaphor for you, all the way, sweet pea." kiss

Wow. You made my night, Brain. I just can't stop laughing now.

rotflmao

I'm so glad my friend. Laughter is really the best medicine. smile

SweetPea!! I don't think it will smell that delightful!!

Wouldn't you love to see her face?? TEEF Ok I'll stop because I don't want the Good Lord to come down on me.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
L
lmao, i thought the same thing. stomp that rodent flat! or behead it with a shovel! (says the peace-loving softhearted animal lover.)

rainy, we tackled the back of our shed over the weekend. it hangs over the gully our house is set in. needless to say, our cats love it out there - good eating. anyhow, H was behind the shed pulling down vines growing up from the gully when suddenly he yelled "OMG, a HUGE RAT!!!" and did a little dance. i about peed myself laughing. so much for being a big strong bloke!

rats don't bother me. but i'll run like a little girl away from a cockroach! i have been known to stand on a chair peeping like a stuck chook when one comes into my classroom. the boys have to get it OUT of the *building.* and they know better than to tease me - i'll hand out a headmaster's friday detention for that! i refuse to go to the school library anymore until it's been sprayed - guess what's lurking on the shelves behind the books?!? ewwwwwwg. yucky!

NB: cockroaches here are east coast roaches - about 2-3" long and GROOOOOSSSSS! they love the countryside. don't even ask me about covering my horse after the covers have been in the tackroom all summer. blerg. thank goodness for chickens. they eat the suckers. you need a cat (or two).

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
R
OP Offline
R
Oh, yuck, Letty! I'm so sorry. I will come kill your cockroaches if you take care of my rodent problems. (Allll of them?) wink Your poor hubby.

And rodents are vermin, not animals. So you're okay.

I do need cats, but my kids (and WH) are violently allergic. (Perhaps I should send pinoke a cat to go with rodent's rat? Oh, this plan is getting so FUN!) Sorry, God.

We have 2 dogs who would probably have taken out the rat for me, no problem. But the dogs have been living at Grandma and Grandpa's house while the kids and I were in an apartment, then built our house, and are now trying to finish the yard and figure out how to pay for a fence. As soon as we get the babies home, I'm hoping there will be no more rats. They're pretty good hunting dogs.

DS17 filled in the rat hole with poison, and disposed of the one unfortunate guest. (I could still dig it up as a gift for rodent - gotta mull it over). All those years of trying to raise 3 rambunctious little boys pays off on moving day, and when a rodent dares to show its face. DD16 was unphased by the huge rat, but had a heart attack over the baby spider on her ceiling. The joys of a new little house, surrounded by fields.

Married: 22 years
Me: BW 41
Him: WH 43
Sons: 19, 17, 12
Daughter: 16
DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Brief recovery of a few months in there.
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
K
K
You may want to be careful about placing the D-Con boxes of poison pellets when you bring your dogs to their new home, because they could get into them.

Roaches THAT BIG? Holy crap! What do they EAT?!

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
C
C
Rainy, I'm catching up on your thread. So your divorce is final. A new chapter. Hugs and strength...

But then I read all about your rodent stomping (and the anti-rat army on patrol in the yard) and thought to myself... hmmm, this gal has her bases covered weightlifter

Good for you. I'm glad to hear of your strength.

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
C
C
Originally Posted by Letty
NB: cockroaches here are east coast roaches - about 2-3" long and GROOOOOSSSSS! they love the countryside. don't even ask me about covering my horse after the covers have been in the tackroom all summer. blerg. thank goodness for chickens. they eat the suckers. you need a cat (or two).
Letty, in the north here we get roaches that long and they FLY!!!

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
B
B
Originally Posted by Letty
lmao, i thought the same thing. stomp that rodent flat! or behead it with a shovel! (says the peace-loving softhearted animal lover.)

rainy, we tackled the back of our shed over the weekend. it hangs over the gully our house is set in. needless to say, our cats love it out there - good eating. anyhow, H was behind the shed pulling down vines growing up from the gully when suddenly he yelled "OMG, a HUGE RAT!!!" and did a little dance. i about peed myself laughing. so much for being a big strong bloke!

rats don't bother me. but i'll run like a little girl away from a cockroach! i have been known to stand on a chair peeping like a stuck chook when one comes into my classroom. the boys have to get it OUT of the *building.* and they know better than to tease me - i'll hand out a headmaster's friday detention for that! i refuse to go to the school library anymore until it's been sprayed - guess what's lurking on the shelves behind the books?!? ewwwwwwg. yucky!

Letty,

I'm sure rainy has the address that she is sending her "care" package and would love to add your cockroaches to the package. laugh

I have been looking for radio clips discussing special care packages to no avail. smirk

Are the MODS going to edit us because these care packages aren't MBer approved? I don't know if they will, because the Harleys have very good sense of humors!

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

U
U
RS I haven't posted since your PO drama but I have been following along. Its amazing where you've come in a month, truly amazing. You are right though, head spinning quick on the D. I know it is not what you wanted but you sound so happy and in control since your first post here, this path has been the most protective and healthy one for you and your children it is apparent.

Last week I was at a graduation party for my niece. Her mother and my BIL were divorced about 10 yrs ago and she was involved with her current H at the time, I think (knowing the signs and looking back, didn't know the signs back then). I hadn't talked to my XSIL since the D, and when I did and saw her with her current H, not really looking all that happy in life, I thought, BIL didn't lose that battle because she hasn't changed and has just moved her ways to the next relationship and meanwhile BIL has been free from the drama and chaos all this time.

You have learned so much in the last month, I'm sure. And if you are to ever be in another relationship in the future, you can choose based on MB principles and use those principles from day 1 to create the most fabulous relationship. Your XWH and his OW do not have that gift, and without it they will just have a lifetime of dysfunction.

Good luck to you and keep updating us please! I have a Jack Russell Terrier, he will gladly do rat duty for you. Critters in holes are his specialty, kinda like this forum:)

R
R
Actual rats/OW rodents.

LOL. I am having trouble keeping it straight.

Rats are everywhere. The trick is keeping them from entering into homes.

BTW, one of my children has two pet rats. They are the smartest, cleanest, snuggliest things BUT they are part of the family........not.......wild rats nor homewrecking rats.

E
E
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
We could make a trip to NY in my big ol truck! laugh

Road trip!!

Is it illegal to send a dead animal through the mail as a gift to another animal/rodent?

I'm in NY! Stop by and pick me up! grin

Last edited by Rocketqueen; 06/11/12 11:17 AM.
B
B
Originally Posted by Rocketqueen
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
We could make a trip to NY in my big ol truck! laugh

Road trip!!

Is it illegal to send a dead animal through the mail as a gift to another animal/rodent?

I'm in NY! Stop by and pick me up! grin

Your spot is saved, my friend. laugh

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

L
L
sorry for the t/j!

i'm originally from palm springs, and we had "date beetles." that's a fancy name for great, big, flying roaches! they are twice as big as the ones here, with purple backs. sound like yours, rainy? they love the date trees, hence the name. you have to have your house sprayed 2x/yr or they will enter the house in *every* way - toilets, shower drains, kitchen sinks, etc. i once had to move house after only 3 weeks. it was a lovely place on the edge of town, but the pests were chronic and i about had a breakdown!

i think a "care package" with both contents sounds great! i would avoid chopping the vermin head off though, that may be construed as a threat, rather than an "i see you for who you are" kinda message.

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
E
E
Hmmmmm, I love the idea of a care package grin
I can think of a few things I would put in my own (insert evil laugh)

Last edited by Rocketqueen; 06/11/12 05:56 PM.
R
OP Offline
R
I love this place! Thanks for all the happy thoughts. hug Wish we really could road trip together, drop off care packages . . .

So, someone in rodent's family told me that rodent told her BH a few days ago that if he doesn't get the website down she will commit suicide. Ya think? Nah . . . what would she do without herself? How would the sun come up in the morning? 'Scuse the cynicism. Her manipulation tactics never cease.

I suppose if she hadn't driven my teenage son to actually attempt it twice, maybe I'd feel sorry for her. Maybe not.

As if BH could get the site down. Give me a break. Can't believe she's resorted to him, trying to get him to get her family to contact me to force me to take it down. Oh, and I'm crazy. I am sooooo crazy - she wants him to make sure her family knows that. ?????? Darn right I am. Getting this CRAZY care package ready for you right now, princess rodent. Hahahaha:) Wonder what's up? Maybe the batteries to her pinoke remote control have burned out. Or perhaps she's realizing he actually cannot deliver when I refuse to be controlled by their garbage. This actually makes me a bit happy. The plot thickens . . .

If she wants it down that badly, why doesn't she just get pinoke to pay his dang child support and leave my kids alone? Oh, I forget. She wants fistfuls of cake from every pastry on the banquet table - over and over, everywhere - can't possibly stop stuffing her face with CAKE long enough to turn on her tiny brain!

Grrrrrr!

Pink ribbons going on the rat tail - stat! DS17 said its brains kinda blew out. Head is still attached. I think it goes along nicely with the whole metaphor - the brains blowing out I mean. Perhaps we can find an American Girl doll tiara that would fit the thing, cover up the unfortunate no brains situation. And I think we should put a big pink-frosted-with-raspberry-filling CAKE in this awesome care package too. Wouldn't Letty's purple beetles look pretty on top? smile

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
L
L
wow!!! did you strike a nerve or what!!

This is the best exposure story I've seen in a long long time.

I would be so so tempted to keep adding and re-designing and upgrading that site!

V
V
I see a pretty golden opportunity here. Since communication channels are typically two-way streets, I would use that relative to send a subtle message that if your DH (sarcasm intended) doesn't start living up to his financial obligations that you may add some more of the spicier stuff you have to the website. I'm betting you would start to see an immediate increase in cash flow.

Her rep obviously means everything to her so I think the mere threat of such actions would spur her into action. Added bonus, this would cause another massive LB episode in their Lurve Shack. And I mean a monster.

Just a thought.

You are awesome, RS!!

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

E
E
Originally Posted by TigerWes
I see a pretty golden opportunity here. Since communication channels are typically two-way streets, I would use that relative to send a subtle message that if your DH (sarcasm intended) doesn't start living up to his financial obligations that you may add some more of the spicier stuff you have to the website. I'm betting you would start to see an immediate increase in cash flow.

Her rep obviously means everything to her so I think the mere threat of such actions would spur her into action. Added bonus, this would cause another massive LB episode in their Lurve Shack. And I mean a monster.

Just a thought.

You are awesome, RS!!

Like!

M
M
Originally Posted by rainysweet
So, someone in rodent's family told me that rodent told her BH a few days ago that if he doesn't get the website down she will commit suicide.

crybaby

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
"I would consider taking it down if my XH paid his child support and the OW and my H issued a public apology to me and my children [cc sent to all of OW's 400 facebook friends] for dragging us through holy hell in pursuit of their filthy affair."

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by Rocketqueen
Originally Posted by TigerWes

Just a thought.

You are awesome, RS!!

Like!

I "like" too, RQ.:) Thanks, Letty and Lexxxy. And excellent point, Tiger. I will get on that. Thank you all! So nice to have people say some good things about me for a change after all this garbage. hug You are all amazing people, all an inspiration. Hugs to everyone!

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
Page 43 of 48 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation