Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
OP Offline
I'm hoping that he doesn't have to be there to restore it to the docket. It won't be the actual divorce date. I have the text from him saying he knows about it and that he might not be able to go. I guess I'll have to wait to see. If anything I'll serve him again if I have to

Me:BW 41
Serial cheater WH:44
Married for 21 years together 22
5 one time cheats,then
10 times with prostitutes
one night stand that turned 6 mo affair resulted in child 1992-1993
3 mo EA with half sister 3/2011 to 08/2011
they were physical 3 times in June

B
B
Originally Posted by Frenchie71
I'm hoping that he doesn't have to be there to restore it to the docket. It won't be the actual divorce date. I have the text from him saying he knows about it and that he might not be able to go. I guess I'll have to wait to see. If anything I'll serve him again if I have to

Good luck tomorrow and stay strong. hug

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

OP Offline
Thanks. I will.

5 one time cheats,then

B
B
Thanks. I will.
Oh and I don't know about CT but in some states even if the other person doesn't show up they can still restore the docket.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

OP Offline
The case has been restored to docket. Im feeling a mix of emotions. This doesnt seem real. I don't know what to feel. Part of me wants it over and another part of me doesn't. Want to fix what is broken but it seems impossible. I feel like my whole world is crumbling down around me. A big part of my life is going to be over. Nothing will be the same.

5 one time cheats,then

B
B
The case has been restored to docket. Im feeling a mix of emotions. This doesnt seem real. I don't know what to feel. Part of me wants it over and another part of me doesn't. Want to fix what is broken but it seems impossible. I feel like my whole world is crumbling down around me. A big part of my life is going to be over. Nothing will be the same.
Nothing will be the same, but how do you know it won't be better?

When you get into Plan B you will heal.

Put together a plan and work it. There will be pain, but if you continue to work the plan you will be a better person.

MB may not be able to save your M, but it will save you if you work it.

So what can you do to start preparing for Plan B? IM?

What self care can you do now for yourself?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

P
P
The case has been restored to docket. (a fact) Im feeling a mix of emotions. (normal) This doesnt seem real. (also normal) I don't know what to feel. (normal) Part of me wants it over and another part of me doesn't. (normal) Want to fix what is broken but it seems impossible. (no one knows what may be possible) I feel like my whole world is crumbling down around me. (normal) A big part of my life is going to be over. (true) Nothing will be the same. (also true)

What are you grateful for today? 3 things off the top of your head.

OP Offline
My kids,my health and my job

5 one time cheats,then

P
P

hurray

You are blessed!

B
B
Originally Posted by Pepperband

hurray

You are blessed!
What self care can you do for yourself today?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

OP Offline
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Nothing will be the same, but how do you know it won't be better?

When you get into Plan B you will heal.

Put together a plan and work it. There will be pain, but if you continue to work the plan you will be a better person.

MB may not be able to save your M, but it will save you if you work it.

So what can you do to start preparing for Plan B? IM?

What self care can you do now for yourself?

I don't know. I'm just so confused. Part of me know I'll always get what I got and it's just a matter of time. The other part thinks what if he changed. I just don't know if after everything I can truly be in love with him like before? the one person that I trusted unconditionally has betrayed me and hurt me like no other. I feel like I'll always be alone and all men are the same. No one can be trusting

5 one time cheats,then

P
P
I don't know. I'm just so confused. Part of me know I'll always get what I got and it's just a matter of time. The other part thinks what if he changed.

"What if's" are a circular mind-game we've all played in our heads. The sooner you abandon this "what if" dilemma, the sooner your thoughts will begin to make sense again. You cannot control the outcome. You do control how you participate.

I just don't know if after everything I can truly be in love with him like before?

Your LOVE BANK is empty. If he were to make enough genuine deposits without love-busting behaviors, your balance would eventually be restored to an in-love level.

the one person that I trusted unconditionally has betrayed me and hurt me like no other.

I've so "been there". Here is a fact which Dr Harley discusses in detail in Love Busters. Paraphrasing: ~~~> Our spouse is uniquely positioned to hurt us more deeply than anyone else in the world.
Your WH is not an exception to this fact. Neither is my H. Neither am I. I am in the unique position to hurt Mr Pep more deeply than anyone else in this world. Fact.

I feel like I'll always be alone and all men are the same.

Well then, all women are "the same" as well. Right? If any wife betrayes her husband, that makes all wives guilty. Right?
I hear the coo-coo calling stickout
Now you know how unreasonable and illogical feelings are. They just are. Because you feel something does not make it true. Your feeling is not a fact.

No one can be trusting

Well, your guard is certainly up. Appropriately so.
One tends to "flinch" once they have been sucker-punched.

Hang in there Frenchie. I promise things will not always seem so gloomy.

OP Offline
Can anyone recommend any good books that you may think would be good for him to read?

5 one time cheats,then

M
M
Can anyone recommend any good books that you may think would be good for him to read?

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi6000_bookstore.html

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
P
P

You can only control your participation. You cannot "massage" the outcome.
You want to. You are desperate to.

If you want to make a suggestion, suggest he contact MB and make an appointment for coaching.

M
M

Love Busters
Surviving an Affair

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M

You can only control your participation. You cannot "massage" the outcome.
You want to. You are desperate to.

If you want to make a suggestion, suggest he contact MB and make an appointment for coaching.

Pepperband is absolutely right. Absolutely, absolute right.

You cannot massage the outcome or fix it by giving him a book.

You, personally, might try listening to Marriage Builders radio. You'll learn a lot about what it takes for someone to change. You'll hear other people in situations that are relevant to yours.

Reading and posting around here can help, too.

There is a slim remote chance he might wake up if he were to actually read Love Busters and Surviving an Affair. There is a chance someone from the coaching center could get through to him.

But it is his work to do, his changes to make.

P
P
Frenchie .... a reminder of the facts as presented by you:

* I found out after we were married he cheated with his ex who he had a son with. She got pregnant and had a daughter by him.

*When we were married 2 years. I found out the had a one night stand.

*A year later found out he had a six month affair with that one night stand. He got her pregnant and she has a daughter.

*He confessed that after I left he had an affair with his half sister over there that he met for the first time after I left.

*Then he admitted to having sex with prostitutes. He even got arrested for it and I didn't know.

*He wanted a divorce and was leaving me for his sister.

Are any of these facts exaggerated or over-stated?

N
N
He can read lots of books, but he needs waaaaaay more than that. "How to NOT HAVE SEX WITH YOUR SISTER" just won't cut it. He needs actual therapy, long-term, and to work on himself separate from you, before he even tries to repair the M.

Whenever there is abuse, and I most definitely count incest as abuse, I believe that the spouses should separate till the abuse is dealt with, and then both are healthy enough to think about rebuilding the M.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
OP Offline
Frenchie .... a reminder of the facts as presented by you:

* I found out after we were married he cheated with his ex who he had a son with. She got pregnant and had a daughter by him.

*When we were married 2 years. I found out the had a one night stand.

*A year later found out he had a six month affair with that one night stand. He got her pregnant and she has a daughter.

*He confessed that after I left he had an affair with his half sister over there that he met for the first time after I left.

*Then he admitted to having sex with prostitutes. He even got arrested for it and I didn't know.

*He wanted a divorce and was leaving me for his sister.

Are any of these facts exaggerated or over-stated?

Nope. All. All true. Only one that changed is that he doesn't want a divorce. He wants our marriage

Last edited by Frenchie71; 06/26/12 11:29 AM. Reason: Typos

5 one time cheats,then

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 497 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation