Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 62 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 61 62
P
P
Nothing justifies his DJs, Anointed, so I'm not defending him here.

But don't defend your IB. If he doesn't want you to eat out, don't eat out. He's not enthusiastic about it. Doesn't matter if it's $26 or $3. Don't do it unless you can negotiate and find a way to do it that he IS enthusiastic about.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

P
P
July 15th will be 9 years since d-day. Kinda pathetic and makes me a little angry that I'm still working through some stuff.

How often do the affairs come up between you two?
How often do you think about them?
Maybe it's time to stop dwelling on mistakes of the past? You cannot recover if you dwell on the affairs.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

B
B
Originally Posted by Prisca
July 15th will be 9 years since d-day. Kinda pathetic and makes me a little angry that I'm still working through some stuff.

Maybe it's time to stop dwelling on mistakes of the past? You cannot recover if you dwell on the affairs.

Dr. Harley says just that what Prisca said.
Originally Posted by Dr. Harley
But once apologies are made, a couple should move on to the business of rebuilding their relationship, and not dwell on the mistakes of their past. As much as you may want to talk about the affair or about any other mistake made, remember that every conversation on those subjects withdraw love units. And a Love Bank must first be overflowing with love units before you are in a position to waste any.
Here Coping with infidelity:Restoring the Marital Relationship

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
Originally Posted by Anointed
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
I can't listen to any radio clips BH because I'm not a member. frown
You don't have to be a member to listen to the ones I've posted, only if you want to pull them up in the archive.

Do you have updated flash on your computer?
Do you have firefox on your computer?

When you click on the links that I've provided, what happens?

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/radio_program/play_segment.cfm?sid=3414

That is what I see. 00:00 to 00:00.

I have a DELL laptop that I use with Windows 7. Does that help?
Don't think I have firefox...I use Windows Explorer. I don't have trouble viewing any other webpages, so I think my flash is fine. The page looks normal, just has no information to play. It does give information on the segment though.

Also try this.
Originally Posted by totally2confused
Try this Mel,

Install another browser and make it the default. Then if you want to, after a reboot switch the default back to current browser.

Or try this, either one may work.

open IE, click on tools/internet options/advanced and reset internet explorer. See if that gets you up and running

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

A
OP Offline
A
Nothing justifies his DJs, Anointed, so I'm not defending him here.

But don't defend your IB. If he doesn't want you to eat out, don't eat out. He's not enthusiastic about it. Doesn't matter if it's $26 or $3. Don't do it unless you can negotiate and find a way to do it that he IS enthusiastic about.

Thanks Prisca.

I know we are watching our finances, but we do go out to eat sometimes. I guess that is why I didn't appreciate his response. It's not like he said, "I'd like it if you didn't eat out while I'm gone."

I don't like walking on eggshells.

Sometimes things are ok. Sometimes they are not.

Married 20 yrs
Me:FBW
Him: FWH
4 children
A
OP Offline
A

We rarely discuss it anymore. It came up during Christmas because I wanted him to tell his family.

You'd have to ask him, but I don't bring it up very often at all.

I think that has been part of my recovery problem.

I did beat him up over it in the early years.

Then we moved on. Every once in a while through the years when I triggered I'd ask a question, he would answer, and then it would be dropped.

Remember the last time we discussed it, and I said I felt like Just Compensation was not done? As much as I try to sweep it under the rug, I still feel insecure. And I still want the transparency and the ability to talk about what happened to us.

I try to forget about needing the transparency. And then it comes back around again...9 years of me trying to get past it is not working.

I'm not bringing it up. I want to. It hurts him.

He has not done what I need him to do to help me recover.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
A
OP Offline
A
You don't have to be a member to listen to the ones I've posted, only if you want to pull them up in the archive.

Don't think I have firefox...I use Windows Explorer. I don't have trouble viewing any other webpages, so I think my flash is fine. The page looks normal, just has no information to play. It does give information on the segment though.

Also try this.
Try this Mel,

Install another browser and make it the default. Then if you want to, after a reboot switch the default back to current browser.

open IE, click on tools/internet options/advanced and reset internet explorer. See if that gets you up and running

I tried Firefox and reset my internet explorer. Still get the same.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
H
H

I've seen several people with this issue in the last couple of weeks...it makes me wonder if the MB site has upgraded to a new version of JPlayer for the radio clips.

The common thread that I've seen (that can be fixed anyway) is Internet Explorer. I've not used IE on the MB site in years, but I just tried to load the clip in the above link....the player loads and info displays, but it does not automatically play like it should. I also can not click the play button to start the clip.

It loads perfectly in Firefox and Chrome. While this isn't a fix, I'd recommend installing a different browser (for more reasons that this).

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Last edited by high_road; 06/29/12 02:50 PM.
M
M

Also try this.
Try this Mel,

Internet explorer has known issues in regards to viewing media .. especially if for any reason there is flash involved. I would download firefox and use that as your browser because i have had similar issues with IE when it comes to viewing media.

edit to fix my quote

Last edited by MrNiceGuy; 06/29/12 04:37 PM.
M
M
maybe active x controls are not enabled.?

here is a link to figure out how to enable it if that is the case

http://www.ehow.com/how_7469961_enable-activex-browser.html

M
M
Anointed .. Your best bet is to update your flash player.

Flash needs to be 10+

Here the link to DL the latest version.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Last edited by MrNiceGuy; 06/29/12 05:04 PM.
A
OP Offline
A
It was my flashplayer. BH said that before, and when I tried it, it worked.

Thanks y'all

Married 20 yrs
4 children
B
B
Here's a thread that I asked the IT guys.
Thread to help play radio clips

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

A
OP Offline
A
Y'all I guess I just still don't get it.

DH told me a few weeks ago that there would be a going away party for some co-workers. I've gone to these types of things before. I've also told him that I don't like it when he goes alone especially if it is at a bar.

Guess where he is right now.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
A
OP Offline
A
He did tell me after he got there that it is a restaurant too, but I don't feel any better about it. He did say after he got there that I'm welcome to come if I want, but I'm not ready (i.e. don't look nice) and I have to cook dinner for the kids.

If he buys some drinks, isn't that the same as eating out? I thought we couldn't afford it.

I'm really frustrated.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
T
T
Anointed, try this it helped Melodylane out the other night with a similar problem.

Me (H): 34
Wife (W): 29
Two kids ages 5 and 3
Married 6 years been together for 14 years
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks totally, I got it to work when I updated flashplayer.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
A
OP Offline
A
So we had a disagreement tonight. I let him know that I didn't like the AO and SD last night and that I didn't like him going out with co-workers without me like he did tonight.

The truth is that any EP that has been put in place has been enforced by me. He may have been glad that I did it, but it has been a battle from day 1.

Tonight it was made clear to me that he is not enthusiastic about only going out when I go with him. He is not enthusiastic about me traveling with him. He is not enthusiastic about not hugging attractive females in our Bible study or when we are out.

He may do them, but he is not enthusiastic.

I think the lack of enthusiasm is where my insecurity comes in.

He asked me why I couldn't just accept him as he is. I told him that I used to accept him just as he was and he did the most horrible thing he could ever do to me.

I need the EP's to keep me feeling safe.

He left the room, and I am a sobbing mess.

If he had ever been wiling to do ANYTHING to help me maybe I wouldn't feel this way 9 years later.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
H
H
Who cares if he isn't enthusiastic with *not* doing things, you aren't enthusiastic with him doing them!

Don't let his bullcrap games override the point, OK?

Keep sweeping your side of the street. Build a LB$ balance, and keep things short and sweet;

"I am not enthusastic about you going out without me."

Bang, zip, zoom. End of conversation. Until you are both enthusiastic, then NOTHING is done. That's how the PoJA works.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
Who cares if he isn't enthusiastic with *not* doing things, you aren't enthusiastic with him doing them!

Don't let his bullcrap games override the point, OK?

Keep sweeping your side of the street. Build a LB$ balance, and keep things short and sweet;

"I am not enthusastic about you going out without me."

Bang, zip, zoom. End of conversation. Until you are both enthusiastic, then NOTHING is done. That's how the PoJA works.

Thanks HHH.

I agree that is how PoJA works, but it doesn't work if he just does it anyway.

He went out with co-workers and was gone for 3.5 hrs. I told him I was uncomfortable with it, and he did it anyway.

No SF last night, but we did this morning. He said "I thought you were mad at me." I said, "Just hurt."

Then he told me that I'm the only one he wants.

That is fine, but I need the EPs in place. He is doing what he thinks is right despite my feelings, and it is really hurting me.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
Page 21 of 62 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 61 62

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 551 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation