Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2642932 07/06/12 08:10 AM
P
psc_77 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
It has been just over 4 years since the A I had was exposed. I have had no contact what so ever with the OM and I have no desire to ever do anything even remotely close to what I did happen again. I feel disgusted with myself thinking that I ever sunk to that level.

Since then my H and I have had a beautiful daughter who is now 3. She is the light of our lives and everyone who meets her.

My H has struggled with the A and hasn't ever really healed from it. I am just finding out some information though that has been a hinderence to his self recovery though. H met a "friend" back in the fall of 2008. He swears that they are just friends and nothing has happened. Coming from a mutual friend, nothing physical has happened. I still have my doubts. I have found some incriminating evidence that more than just a "friendship" is between them. I am doing everything I can to document what I am finding so I can reveal to him with it.

In the mean time, H admitted to having an A with a different girl from August/Septemberish of 2011 to May 2012. He told me all about it and dumped it on me for Mother's Day. Lovely gift? Right? Since then he told me that he has always wanted to be my H and pointed out a few reasons and backed it up. He fully admitted that when I questioned his actions about where he was headed with "friends" that he was heading down the wrong path and he should have seen it. (If I don't make sense, please feel free to ask for clarification.)

He has also had some questionable e-mails from/with and old GF he had. I don't have any documentation of these, they have since been deleted and it was from over a year ago.

His MO seems to be telling them that his relationship with me is just a farce b/c he doesn't want to lose his daughter. He has told 2 of the 3 that he would love to make them happy and be with htem and not me. One he even went so far as to tell her that he would love to put a ring on her finger.

After he told me about his A I told him that he had to end all contact between OW and his ex-gf. I told him my reasons and he areed. No questions asked. He really did tell them both, but I'm not sure what he told them. I was being naieve and didnt ask to see the e-mails/texts or hear the conversations. I know looking back that was a big mistake.

So this "friend" he has had has been bugging me. I have done some snooping and found some very disgusting texts from the 2 of them. I have documented them and I want to confront him with everything I have. I also have emails from BOTH of the 2 girls I told him (that he agreed to) not to speak to. One of which he is supposed to meet so she can find out "why" he hurt her.

I am so mad, hurt, disgusted and embarrassed by what has happened. We are leaving Sunday for a vacation to go see my family--grandparents, parents, and possibly my sister. I don't want to expose right now b/c I do want him to come with us and I know that if I let it all out now he won't. Also our 10 year anniversary is 2 weeks from today and H is having surgery 3 weeks from today. I feel there is so much going on right now that if I expose, things will all go down the toilet. I want to be there for his surgery and I hope that he truely makes our anniversary a special one. He is somewhat distant, but he does act like nothing is wrong.

I have read that you should expose right away. I know you should, but I still feel that with everything going on that I need to wait.

As crazy as it seems, I still want to repair the damage and I don't want a divorce. I still love my H, I just don't know what he wants and honestly I'm not sure he does either.

Me: FWW 35
H: BS 33
Married 2002
DD: 3 yr old
D-day: 4/10/08
B
B
Welcome back.

The longer you delay the exposure the more entrenched the affair becomes.

Please read this and have your WH write the NC letters from the templates in the thread.

Exposure 101

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
L
I'm sorry for your pain and the adultery in your marriage that has brought you to MB. This is the best place you could have found to fight for and hopefully save your marriage.

Get the book Surviving an Affair and read it.

Don't tell your H about this website.

Your own affair did not give your H a free pass or any excuse to commit adultery.

When you ended your A, did you offer your H Just Compensation and institute Extraordinary Precautions? In any marriage, even the good ones, we should ALL practice EPs to prevent an affair. We are all wired to have an affair and these prevent us from getting close to the opposite gender, so we can protect our marriage.

Have you read the basic concepts on this website?

Watch this video: What Every Couple Should Know

Please rid yourself of the notion that the timing isn't somehow perfect for exposure. Do you think you're having to be enjoying a wonderful time with your family keeping this secret? Do you think you are doing your husband a favor by not exposing? Do you think your family can't handle the news and rally to your support?

EXPOSE in spite of the dates. We have all had important dates and years destroyed by the evidence that our mate is having an affair.

Here's another good read for you: For Newly Betrayed Spouses

Also, read up on Plan A and Plan B. Be the best wife you can be. Look good, smell good, fix good meals, be pleasant, but EXPOSE!

You will hear from many really good posters. Please listen to them.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
M
M
psc, I agree with Longwayhome. I would expose the affairs now. Then focus yourselves on using the MB program and recovering your marriage. It doesn't sound like you ever used this program which is why you find yourself in this current mess.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
psc_77 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Melody, in all honesty, I didn't follow the plan like it needed to be followed. It was always turned around on me that b/c I had the A that I was seeing things and blowing it out of proportion. I realize now that I was dumb and an idiot.

I am scared about his reaction. I don't want him to walk out and end things, but I can't live this way any longer. He has to make a choice and stick with it, end of story.

Married 2002
M
M
I want to emphasize something to you:

Your mistakes are in the past. They do not justify your husband's mistakes. Plenty of people have been through what he went through without making the choices he did.

You are not to blame.

I hope you are able to get help from the wonderful material and wonderful people on this site.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Originally Posted by psc_77
I am scared about his reaction. I don't want him to walk out and end things, but I can't live this way any longer. He has to make a choice and stick with it, end of story.

Just do the right thing, psc, and don't get concerned about his reaction. If he will only stay if you hide his affairs, then that would be a good thing if he left. Just expect him to be angry and threatening when you expose and you won't be diappointed.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Melody, in all honesty, I didn't follow the plan like it needed to be followed. It was always turned around on me that b/c I had the A that I was seeing things and blowing it out of proportion.

Here's a Dr. Harley article for you:

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi5062_qa.html

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
K
K
It sounds like your WH has never come clean with you and the only way you'll ever know the truth is if he takes a polygraph.

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
P
psc_77 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
So with more checking phone records, I found out that the OW that wasn't supposed to have his number, has magically been texted. I have all my proof printed out and when he comes home tonight I am going to confront him. I can't take this anymore

Married 2002
M
M
So with more checking phone records, I found out that the OW that wasn't supposed to have his number, has magically been texted. I have all my proof printed out and when he comes home tonight I am going to confront him. I can't take this anymore

psc, I would DEMAND that he end all contact now or move out. Ask him to send her a no contact letter and open up his life to you in a way that proves contact has ended.

Exposure 101

P
psc_77 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Unfortunately I had already demanded no contact. That was when he opened up about what happened. He told me about his A instead of me finding it out and I told him under no circumstances he should contact her. And he agreed. We did not do a no contact letter, and that should have been something I should have asked him to do as well. He told me how he couldn't understand why he did what he did and it was a huge mistake. I believed him. He has become a great lier

Married 2002
M
M
Unfortunately I had already demanded no contact. That was when he opened up about what happened.

ok, since he has contacted the OW again, what is the plan?

Exposure 101

J
J
I wouldn't confront him tonight.
Get more evidence and then expose it

P
psc_77 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I want to show him the evidence I have gathered. I have the FB emails from the OW and the phone records showing the texts. I have emails from the other girl I told him to have no contact with. And I have copies of texts between him and the 3rd girl.

I want to start with the phone records since that is the easiest for me to see. He knows I can check the phone records and see who he talks to and texts. If he doesn't come clean then I will bring out the FB emails.

After that I will bring out the email from the other one I told him no contact. Then finally the texts. He will be ballistic over the emails and texts since the only way I could have found them is by getting into his phone.

I want to be calm when I talk to him. That seems to get a better response from him. Anger pushes him away and he won't talk. I am scared he will say it is over and walk out. I want to talk this through, not ignore it. I want answers. OW wanted them too and she got what she wanted. I think I deserve the same and more.

Married 2002
S
S
He knows that he is still in contact, so what would be the point of confronting him tonight? I would expose this, far and wide, as quickly as possible, and get prepared for Plan B. Are you thinking about PB at all? Have you read up on it?

I KNOW how hard it is to sit on evidence of continued contact, believe me. Once you expose, then you can tell him that you know. And make sure you expose OW(s) as well.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
psc_77 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
So expose to OW, other 2 girls, and friends/family first?

I have already talked to his mom, she is disgusted and apalled at his behavior and told me she never raised him to be like that--she apologized to me. I told her it was his decisions, not hers. She is furious and wants to confront the OW.

His dad knows about the OW b/c he caught them "together" in his workshop. He has been on my side and tried to convince my H that what he was doing was wrong.

As for his friends, I thought they knew, but found out that they do not.

My mom and sister know, and a good friend of mine (female) that knows our whole struggle knows.

Married 2002
P
psc_77 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
As far as plan B, no I haven't thought about it much. I have thought about what I would have to do--find an IM, change locks, etc, but nothing planned out.

Married 2002
M
M
As far as plan B, no I haven't thought about it much. I have thought about what I would have to do--find an IM, change locks, etc, but nothing planned out.

I would ask him to move out now so you can go into plan B. You only need to tell him you know about his affairs and ask him to go.

Exposure 101

P
psc_77 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I know its late and no one is probably up, but I just confronted my H and he left. I'm shaking as I write this. He is pissed at me for snooping and is making this my fault. He won't own up to any of this and is PISSED. I know this is a normal response, but I'm hurt too.

I didn't want him to leave.

Married 2002
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 494 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation