Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
E
E
Best wishes for your family Writer.

50+ yo couple enjoying our empty nest.
Young adult kids out on their own.
"Enthusiastic agreement?" is our catch phrase.
E
E
Did your bird get better? (not that that is nearly as important as your mom, just hope that is better also)

50+ yo couple enjoying our empty nest.
Young adult kids out on their own.
"Enthusiastic agreement?" is our catch phrase.
W
writer1 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks SC and emilyann. It's been a crazy week, for sure, but my mom is doing well now. The stroke mostly affected her right arm. She has a little weakness in her right leg as well. But it didn't affect her speech at all. She got very lucky.

Yes, the bird is doing well. We took her to the vet and they wanted to do a $400 surgery. We were considering it, but then my mom had her stroke and we kind of forgot about the bird. We were gone all day yesterday and didn't get home until midnight. She finally laid the egg sometime while we were gone. We're making sure she gets plenty of calcium in her diet to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
B
B
Sorry about your mom writer. hug

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

W
writer1 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
So, after 2 weeks with virtually no UA time (or much free time at all really), we now have not 1, but 2 dates scheduled for this weekend.

I arranged for a sitter for 4 hours tomorrow. I told my H about it, but he apparently forgot. Thinking we didn't have a sitter this weekend at all, he arranged to have someone else watch DD for 4 hours on Saturday. So, hey, we're going to have 8 hours of UA time out of the house this weekend! I cannot remember the last time that happened.

My mom is doing better. We've still been going out there to help her a lot, but she's doing well and I think that is starting to settle down. Hoping life will get back on track soon. It's been a crazy couple of weeks.

N
N
Awesome, writer!

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
B
B
Have fun. hurray

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

W
writer1 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Update:

UA time just isn't happening. I think we average maybe 0-5 hours a week most of the time. This is a 0 week, and I'm feeling very down about it. I don't think we've managed more than 10 hours in one week in a very long time.

Child care is still the number #1 impediment, and there just doesn't seem to be a way to solve the issue. We can only spend so much time every week on the phone trying to line up baby sitting, and even when we spend hours calling around, trying to find someone, it only happens some of the time. Some weeks, like this one, there is simply no one available to watch DD.

I think MB is a great plan. I think UA time is necessary to maintain that romantic connection in a marriage. I know, because we haven't followed it and those feelings have been gone for a very long time.

Realistically, 15 hours of UA time a week probably isn't going to happen for us for a number of years. But I'm going to keep trying. I'm going to keep reading along here. I wish I had more hope, but I feel very beaten down right now.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation