Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 39 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 38 39
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Originally Posted by Lexxxy
I think in your situation you should modify the statement to include you BOTH.
In order to save the marriage WE need to agree to these rules.
Make the commitment that YOU won't lie to her or have contact with any other women, and no other men for her.
I agree.

You both need iron clad EPs.

Yes i agree and dont have any issues with this at all, but when would be the best time to actually say this to her, in her current emotional state given after last nights confrontation has left her very cold towards me or do i give it a little time to allow the general atmosphere to lighten a little.

BH
Married 13yrs, togther 18yrs
1 son, 11yrs
DD: 27th July, Current status plan A

I
I
Originally Posted by dotnetdave
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Just keep on as you are. Snooping, insisting it stop, putting a stop to it, and don't act scared when she pouts.

Be protective.

Yep i know smile but should i make the statement as above yet or wait for the time been

I wouldn't come down that hard, or expect to be listened to,

I just think its cleverer to paint yourself as protective and loving

If she gives you fogbabble: "I want my cake! Wahhhhh! You are so controlling and demanding" just reverse fogbabble: "Yes I do love you very much and feel protective of you" just refuse to engage.

Instead of an OTT demand or laying down the law, which she could easily turn back on you or which could escalate into a row, walk the walk instead of talking the talk.

If the computer is continually being used to access OM and triggers, get rid of it or password protect it. Don't argue just say you won't aid and abet a resumption of the A.

Take away the drug. While smiling, lookin good and not caring about her hysterics.

I would step up your snooping too, now she knows what one of your tools may be.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

D
OP Offline
D
Thanks indie smile and all snooping in place so I will know. I didn't dinner tonight and she said thank you still cold but not as much as this morning. Asked how her day was etc made light conversation and talked about sin first day at new school. All still a little stand offish but hey hoy I am smiling, relaxed n happy and refuse to get down smile oh and I left a love heart under her door that's says "first love" on it which is was, just a little token

BH
1 son, 11yrs

I
I
Nice. Cool, calm and clever.

D
OP Offline
D
Is that an approval for today's actions smile no lb and fufulling en

BH
1 son, 11yrs

J
J
Dave.
If you want to save your marriage you need to move out of state.
Where there is no possibility of seeing people you slept with ever again. And you need to do it ASAP

I
I
Is that an approval for today's actions smile no lb and fufulling en

Yep.

Originally Posted by HDW
Dave.
If you want to save your marriage you need to move out of state.
Where there is no possibility of seeing people you slept with ever again. And you need to do it ASAP

An excellent point. The odds of the two of you running into a former sexual partner must be rather high and would be disastrous for recovery.

D
OP Offline
D
An excellent point. The odds of the two of you running into a former sexual partner must be rather high and would be disastrous for recovery.

This is certainly something I would like n consider in the future when we are both working towards saving our marriage. I know it may surprise you but nobody we have actually lives with 60 miles of where we live

BH
1 son, 11yrs

M
M
Wow dave .. you have come a long ways since you first started your thread... I am impressed. Regardless of the outcome, you will be a far better man than you used to be. However, I have hope that you WILL turn this bus around.

Keep up the good work ... Listen to the vets they DO know what they are talking about and as you do what they advise you will see it unfold as they say it will.

MNG

edit for grammar >.<

Last edited by MrNiceGuy; 09/05/12 02:40 PM.
I
I

This is certainly something I would like n consider in the future when we are both working towards saving our marriage. I know it may surprise you but nobody we have actually lives with 60 miles of where we live

That's quite a distance - how did that happen? Did you travel that far out for swinging weekends or what?

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by MrNiceGuy
Wow dave .. you have come a long ways since you first started your thread... I am impressed. Regardless of the outcome, you will be a far better man than you used to be. However, I have hope that you WILL turn this bus around.

Keep up the good work ... Listen to the vets they DO know what they are talking about and as you do what they advise you will see it unfold as they say it will.

MNG

edit for grammar >.<
Thanks for that and I do hope as well that I can save my marriage as well

BH
1 son, 11yrs

D
OP Offline
D
That's quite a distance - how did that happen? Did you travel that far out for swinging weekends or what?

Mainly parties and clubs really so there is little chance of bumping into people, although if we both get on board to save our marriage together and work together I would really like to at least move house way too many memories here both good and bad

BH
1 son, 11yrs

I
I
That's a very good plan.

D
OP Offline
D
That's a very good plan.
thanks just need to get that stage of both wanting to work to save our marriage first

BH
1 son, 11yrs

M
M
That's a very good plan.
thanks just need to get that stage of both wanting to work to save our marriage first

Well .. I am a firm believer that by being the example (Jesus asks us to do this too when we represent him) of what you want your marriage to look like will go father and will be a lot more inviting than trying to educate your spouse while she is wayward.

MNG

Remember .. its a marathon .. not a sprint.

Last edited by MrNiceGuy; 09/05/12 06:12 PM.
D
OP Offline
D
Well last night stayed pleasant little snippets of light conversation, she even came back down after our son went to bed and sat watching tv together not quite proper UA time but a start, previously she would of stayed in her room and not been alone with me

This morning am in the office, so left a little note for her on her car and also left one for our son as well. Said bye and see you tonight, live you as I was about to leave and this time I got a bye back smile

Oh and another thing after the confrontation on Tuesday night she said she wasn't going on her laptop again cause of feeling snooped n spied on, guess what she did last night went on her laptop just normal surfing, couldnt believe after what she had said

Last edited by dotnetdave; 09/06/12 01:07 AM.

BH
1 son, 11yrs

I
I
Good EN meeting.

after the confrontation on Tuesday night she said she wasn't going on her laptop again cause of feeling snooped n spied on, guess what she did last night went on her laptop just normal surfing, couldnt believe after what she had said

Remember this?

All waywards say the same stuff. And it is all stuff that should not be considered credible or listened to.

D
OP Offline
D
Good EN meeting.
Sorry to sound stupid but what\which bit would you say was good EN meeting?

after the confrontation on Tuesday night she said she wasn't going on her laptop again cause of feeling snooped n spied on, guess what she did last night went on her laptop just normal surfing, couldnt believe after what she had said

Remember this?

All waywards say the same stuff. And it is all stuff that should not be considered credible or listened to.

Indie i was thinking the exaclt thing when she went back on her laptop smile and was also thinking that whilst her initial outburst of been spied on\snooped\weatched etc, my response had been at the time that i love and care for her and will protect her and that i cant help been suspious\paranoid etc. I felt last night in that cold light of day she might have actually proccesed what i had said and it had maybe had a little effect on her that i was been honest and hence why she went on her laptop again.

BH
1 son, 11yrs

J
J
Watching tv together is considered shared recreational time

J
J
Do you have spyware installed? (If the answer is NO then you need it ASAP)

Page 19 of 39 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation