Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
N
N
Originally Posted by Rocketqueen
FE, I just read your thtread and wanted to tell you how incredibly awesome you are! You listened to the posters, you executed quickly and you are in control of the situation. I can't believe how refreshing it is to see a poster that isn't butt-dragging and making excuses.

Way to go, girl!

~RQ

No kidding! It usually takes dozens of pages in a thread to get a betrayed spouse to expose and say enough is enough.

Great job!

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

F
OP Offline
F
.....maybe. wink

BS - 45 (me)
WH - 43
DD - 23
DD - 16

Trickle truths 4/18/12-9/8/12
Final DDay - 9/12/12

Finally heading into recovery thanks to Marriage Builders.
F
OP Offline
F
Thank you. smile

BS - 45 (me)
WH - 43
DD - 23
DD - 16

Final DDay - 9/12/12

T
T
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
FE, can your WH just call the bank and have his card "un"blocked? I'm curious about this and would like to know, for advising posters in the future.

Maritalbliss, I'm not sure about a bank card, but my WXW and I had joint credit cards. I called the bank and put hers on hold. A few days later she charged $5,000 for her lawyer's retainer fee to the card.

I called the bank when I found out and they said, "What, you didn't cut the card up?"

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
T
T
Originally Posted by FathersEyes
How horrible is "what's to come," Letty? I have lost so much weight already.

Thank you for your response.

We call it the adultery diet/divorce diet. 20 lbs in a month is not uncommon. In fact, it's par for the course.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
K
K
I would still cancel any joint bank accounts or get your name removed from them asap. My XH quit his job, went into hiding w/his GF in our new motorhome and withdrew thousands of dollars from the bank that we didn't even have in there! (I hadn't known you could do that but apparently if you have overdraft protection you can). It all happened so fast! I got stuck paying all of our joint debts and never saw our motorhome or car or motorcycle again.

It all depends on how ruthless he is...you wouldn't think it of your husband, but they can sure surprise you! My lawyer seemed to be naive...to this day I still don't have a mailing address for XH and it's been four years!

BTW, stellar job so far!

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
C
C
ConstantProcess- Thank you for the reminder. It is personal, but I do know that I am not strong enough to handle this without my Lord.

Yeah I get you, and within myself there has always been that presence also, that need to look up beyond my humanity for answers to life's questions and guidance.

Its not very popular either, but I have found that conscience to be more dependable than people and all the philosophy that the wisest can muster in their education. Im sure you know what I mean.

At the end of the day That authority from above is the only one I can draw peace from.

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
C
C
Originally Posted by TryingEverything
We call it the adultery diet/divorce diet. 20 lbs in a month is not uncommon. In fact, it's par for the course.

Yes in its purest form it is a gut punch..I remember it when my first wife left me when we had been together 4 years at 22, had a son who was 2, and she just had to "party, you work to hard!!" I was also not a cruel and abusive young man, and even her kind and gentle Mom thought i was doing everything I could and was upset with her

I remember the feeling and the emptiness of my stomach as I lost that wieght also in 30 days. Went from muscular 200 lbs down to 170 lbs in about 4 weeks as I also was working two jobs..

It truly is an epidemic that has been around for ages, that we think we are immune too. You are not alone in this.

J
J
I never lost weight. But I lost sleep.
I encourage you to visit your family doctor and explain what is going on. They can help prescribe medication for any sleep or anxiety problems

F
OP Offline
F
Thank you all for your responses. I definitely get the loss of weight and loss of sleep thing. I did go to my doctor and he prescribed sleeping pills, but I don't like the way they make me feel.

As far as eating goes, it's hard to eat when you feel like you have a huge pit in your stomach all of the time, but I have been making myself get down what I can manage- My DD16 is having difficulty with eating and sleeping, so I have to lead by example. We have an appointment for her to see the doctor tomorrow.

I DO want to say that as scary as it is to expose, it is DEFINITELY the right thing to do. I have heard from several of family members (his side) that are blown away by this, and have thrown there support behind me. I also heard from one of his co- workers last night. It felt really good sharing the truth with him. He was just shocked at the depths of deceit. This is the co-worker whose wedding WH brought POSOW to back in November, when I thought he "couldn't bring anyone to the wedding" because he had already responded to say one person would be attending.

Exposure is the very best thing that you can do. I knew that everyone at WH's work and in that area knew about the affair. What I didn't realize when I first posted, is that they only knew his side of the story- the one where he vilified me and our kids and made them think we were separated, etc... The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.

BS - 45 (me)
WH - 43
DD - 23
DD - 16

Final DDay - 9/12/12

F
OP Offline
F
*their* support. Sorry, too early to think straight...

BS - 45 (me)
WH - 43
DD - 23
DD - 16

Final DDay - 9/12/12

F
OP Offline
F
To whomever posted the "Midlife for Dummies" post- Thank you. It was spot on. I printed it out and showed several family members and friends. They thought I was the one who wrote that...

Also, WH had bought himself a Harley with the money from his 401k back in June. He has been keeping it at his father's house since he doesn't have his motorcycle license. I thought that he had taken the keys and title, but I found them yesterday! *happy dance!* I put them in a safety deposit box that is in my name only.

BS - 45 (me)
WH - 43
DD - 23
DD - 16

Final DDay - 9/12/12

E
E
... The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.

Absolutely!

J
J
Have you delivered your plan b letter to him?

F
OP Offline
F
Yes. It was delivered today. smile

BS - 45 (me)
WH - 43
DD - 23
DD - 16

Final DDay - 9/12/12

E
E
FE, send a copy of it to the OW as well with a note that you are fighting for your marriage. This is mentioned in the SAA book.

F
OP Offline
F
Will do that today! Thank you Rocketqueen!

BS - 45 (me)
WH - 43
DD - 23
DD - 16

Final DDay - 9/12/12

N
N
Besides letting OW know that you aren't just going to fade away, it may also be something that they can argue and get in a fight over.

Me (BH)
FWW

F
OP Offline
F
I just want to say thank you so much to all of you for the advice! It's amazing to me that a bunch of people that don't know you, but are connected by a common thread, are willing to take the time to help others.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

Marriage Builders rocks!

Last edited by FathersEyes; 09/12/12 01:29 PM.

BS - 45 (me)
WH - 43
DD - 23
DD - 16

Final DDay - 9/12/12

N
N
You don't know how refreshing it is to actually see someone stand up for what's right in their marriage.

You see the other threads where it's like pulling teeth to get someone to do something that seems so obvious. People get paralyzed and sit in shock, but once they stand up they, inevitably, come back and say it was the best thing they ever did.

Been there, done that, got the lousy t-shirt.

You're giving your kids someone to be proud of, that's for sure.

Me (BH)
FWW

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 374 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation