Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
OP Offline
B
Ok, so I have finished reading Surviving an Affair. What a wonderful book. The problem is, my WW doesn't want to read it. We did discuss and go through the emotional needs questionnaire. She says she will read it if I really want her to, but being less than enthusiastic is not very encouraging. I think she's embarrassed that I read it.

We have been spending a lot of time together the last few days. I haven't brought up the affair. She seems like she wants to be there for me, but with her I feel like she thinks it should just be business as usual. I just don't think she grasps the concept that just because she's two years out of the A doesn't mean that it's not all fresh and new for me because of the trickle truth.

I have been trying to focus on other things when the anger or resentment rears it's ugly head. I certainly don't take it out on her. When those feelings pop up I have used Qoheleth's suggestions and try to focus on the positive and meeting her needs. I guess the hardest thing for me is the indifference with which she looks at it.

J
J
Originally Posted by broberts
So I talked to the OMW and explained everything to her. My wife has been very cooperative and is taking the necessary steps to help with recovery. I ordered Surviving an Affair and His Needs, Her Needs to help us.

The one thing I'm struggling with is I just can't get the image of the two of them out of my head. In going through the emotional needs questionnaire, sex was very high on her list. How do I fill that need for her when this stupid thing keeps popping in to my head? I know it takes time but will it ever go away?

As for removing the image of the two of them having sex There is a technique which I read about and it helped me a lot.
Think of something that makes you happy. In my case, it was my daughter on a swing. I can picture her smiling as she swings back and forth.

Then when the terrible images of your wife and POSOM come into your mind you yell STOP. And immediately think of that happy event.

It takes some time but you can stop your mind from entertaining these images.
Prayer also helped me

Q
Q
Originally Posted by broberts
Ok, so I have finished reading Surviving an Affair. What a wonderful book. The problem is, my WW doesn't want to read it. We did discuss and go through the emotional needs questionnaire. She says she will read it if I really want her to, but being less than enthusiastic is not very encouraging. I think she's embarrassed that I read it.
I would give her His Needs, Her Needs to read instead of SAA.

We have been spending a lot of time together the last few days. I haven't brought up the affair. She seems like she wants to be there for me, but with her I feel like she thinks it should just be business as usual. I just don't think she grasps the concept that just because she's two years out of the A doesn't mean that it's not all fresh and new for me because of the trickle truth.
Lots of UA time = deposits in her love bank
Do not talk about the A. Talk about A = withdrawals for you, withdrawals for her, and OM will be on her mind

Do not be discouraged just because you don't see any outward signs yet. Right now the best she can do is choose to spend time with you at all, even though you know about the A.

I have been trying to focus on other things when the anger or resentment rears it's ugly head. I certainly don't take it out on her. When those feelings pop up I have used Qoheleth's suggestions and try to focus on the positive and meeting her needs. I guess the hardest thing for me is the indifference with which she looks at it.
My WW is completely indifferent right now as well. I am choosing to focus more on her choices/actions than her emotional state. Her choices/actions have been to inform me of her whereabouts and take other EPs, (which I've confirmed independently), dedicate a great deal of UA time to me, and has started sharing a few things (like music) with me that before were closed off.

I don't see any outward signs of remorse yet. But it's been 5 days since exposure. SAA says it'll take a month.

BH (me), age 30. Plan D final 1/1/13
B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 430 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation