Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 25 1 2 23 24 25
K
K
I don't think there is a ready answer for that. It's going to depend on several things...
*How deeply you were entrenched with him
*How long A went on
*If you have some triggers around (souvenirs, etc.)...if so get rid of them.
*If those voids are being filled...if your emotional needs are being met by husband, it will help quell those thoughts.
*How faithful you are at immediately turning from those thoughts. If you daydream or linger on them, they will have a hold on you.

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by kaycstamper
I don't think there is a ready answer for that. It's going to depend on several things...
*How deeply you were entrenched with him
*How long A went on
*If you have some triggers around (souvenirs, etc.)...if so get rid of them.
*If those voids are being filled...if your emotional needs are being met by husband, it will help quell those thoughts.
*How faithful you are at immediately turning from those thoughts. If you daydream or linger on them, they will have a hold on you.

Thanks for the reply.

* pretty deeply entrenched (at one stage i thought we'd get married - what an idiot! crazy) and lasted approx 9 months
* no souvenirs but i guess sometimes triggered by locations/music etc that are difficult to entirely eliminate
* EN being filled - a work in progress though as i'm sure everyones are!
* very quick to turn from them. puke

Me: WW, 33
My BS: 30
Married: 11 years
1 x Child: Daughter, 3 years
D-Day: 10/8/2011
Fighting to save my marriage.
K
K
It'll get better.

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
F
F
Originally Posted by BlackViolet
Been awhile since I updated.

Things all going very well and we are about to have a two week period with the house to ourselves while H's parents go overseas. We are both looking forward to it. Planning on getting my parents to babysit as well so we can really get some quality UA time.

I have a question thats been nagging at me the last couple of weeks... been reluctant to post it because I'm thinking there will be some of you that might jump to conclusions....

Anways - here we go!

How long does it take to get rid of memories of the affair/OP? I certainly don't count the times i have thoughts of the OP but they are possibly once a day. Let me make it clear though. When i'm reminded of him somehow, or a thought/memory pops into my head i am very disgusted. My hate for him has grown so much over the last few months (seems to grow every time i have a thought about him) that i'm afraid of what i'd do if i ever saw him!

Am I going to have to live with these random thoughts about another person that disgusts me for the rest of my life? I'm not a hateful person by nature. I don't want to NOT hate him. I just don't want to every think of him again!

Any other WW/WH out there want to tell me their experience?

BV,

Being a FWW myself I still think of my OP as well and it stinks. I feel so very guilty about it and like you, it disgust me whenever a thought comes up. I am not really sure if and when they completely go away. Maybe not quite as vivid or painful but definitly there.

I am glad things are going well for you and your H. Take advantage of those two weeks together. People aren't lying when they say how important UA time is.

Me (WS) Husband (BS)
DS - 15
DD -10
My D-day - 11/12/11

Today Me (BS) H (WS)
D-Day #2 01/14/12
I don't want to just survive my affair, I want to recover from it!
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks 15years. Nice to hear it's kinda 'normal'.

Just saw your update... belated happy bday and good luck for this weekend. I guess if they really want whats best for their son they'll be supportive, as hard as it might be.

B
B
I thought of you when I heard this show.
Radio clip
Segment #2

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
OP Offline
B
Oooooh first time logging on in a few weeks! thanks BH - no headphones at work but will check it out when i get home.

B
B
Originally Posted by BlackViolet
Oooooh first time logging on in a few weeks! thanks BH - no headphones at work but will check it out when i get home.
How are things BlackViolet?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Page 25 of 25 1 2 23 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation