Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
Originally Posted by workit
I think FWH might be reading this thread, therefore I am on my own... Thanks for the support BH, wish me luck & prayers welcomed
How do you know?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

W
workit Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Before you had posted this, I had found his threads and read every single post...whew! If anything just makes me see I am making the right choice.
I didn't cause it.
I can't control it.
I can't cure it.
Let Go & Let God....

Me: BW (49)
He: FWW (39)
DS13
DD10

D-Day 4-5-11
NC 4-5-11
D-Day #2 July 13
NC July 14
FWW Rehab: July 14-Aug 6 2011
Relapse sept 2012
Plan B: Nov 6, 2012
W
workit Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
I think FWH might be reading this thread, therefore I am on my own... Thanks for the support BH, wish me luck & prayers welcomed
How do you know?

I don't know for sure...just a feeling. He was a mess yesterday...passed out all day, obviously after his meeting (ironic) he got stoned & plastered.

My kids are the ones that will suffer the most. 10 & 13, and this is going to completely blindside them. Prayers for my kids, we do have a great support in our church. Will get their youth pastors involved.

DS13
DD10

D-Day 4-5-11
NC 4-5-11
D-Day #2 July 13
NC July 14
Relapse sept 2012
B
B
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
How do you know?

I don't know for sure...just a feeling. He was a mess yesterday...passed out all day, obviously after his meeting (ironic) he got stoned & plastered.

My kids are the ones that will suffer the most. 10 & 13, and this is going to completely blindside them. Prayers for my kids, we do have a great support in our church. Will get their youth pastors involved.

Good I'm glad you're proceeding forward. I'm glad you're able to still post.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

N
N
SORRY WRONG THREAD

Last edited by kiss; 11/04/12 06:22 PM.
S
S
Kiss - you'd better not have been trying to reach your wife, who is in Plan B, via this forum. You're liable to get on the wrong side of forum posters if you do that. We've had a view that your thread is all about attempting to manipulate her even further. This will have a bad effect on your wife's view of you. Don't prove us correct about the manipulation.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
W
workit Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Well I am in plan B, very sad & very disappointed. We told the kids together Monday nite with a church deacon as support. D is filed, he should be served today.
I will admit that I had truly hoped that this would bring him to his knees.....
Guess not. It might at a later date, but I know he's brain is still in the addict mode.
Waywards, addicts, they are all the same. Will keep telling myself:
... I cannot control his actions, only my own
... What he has said is only the addict talking, it is not my fault. I didn't cause it, I can't control it, & I can't cure it.
...let go & let God

I keep repeating these over & over. I am also praying for my H. My attorney said I needed the anger, nope, been there done that & have #30 less pounds to show for it. The prayers for him keep the anger at bay

DS13
DD10

D-Day 4-5-11
NC 4-5-11
D-Day #2 July 13
NC July 14
Relapse sept 2012
J
J
Below is a letter to my FWH, who has not strayed again, but feel that he is only a drink or two away from the next "shoe" dropping. Note: 14 mos. sober til around mid Sept 2012.
I will provide more info if asked.
Thank you for any suggestions with letter.

Dearest Husband,
I am writing this letter to you with the heaviest of hearts and soul. I love you more than you can possibly understand. I have loved you from the night we met across that room, you with your oversized jacket and wonderful goatee. I�ve loved you through the first years together as parents, and I love you even now, with all the pain and suffering of the last 2 years.
I fear that our current situation is leading us to a place of irreparable damage, and in order to hold onto the tenuous love I have for you, I feel we must separate in order to maintain that love. I can no longer, without lasting damage to my psyche and heart, continue to aid & abet you in your quest to destroy all that I believe is worth anything in this world. If I truly believed I or the kids could be of any help to you in your quest to find out what you need and want in this life, I would stay. However, I truly believe that we are only enabling you to continue your self destructive behavior.
It is for these reasons that I ask for your cooperation in a complete separation and no contact. I ask that you pass along only pertinent child and financial information through an intermediary that I have asked to assist in this matter. ???? will be that person, and all info should be passed through them to me.
I ask that only in an extreme emergency, involving Son or Daughter should you contact me directly.
I can only hope and dream that what we started building after the debacle of 2011 can be re-started again, once you have worked through your addictions. I promised myself at the beginning of our recovery process that I would not stop trying as long as I believed that I had done everything in MY power to save our lives and love. I believe that I am at that point. I no longer believe there is anything more I can do to save us� it is now in your turn to drive the bus. You can choose to take the wheel or not. I will know through our intermediary when you are ready to fully take on that responsibility, through your actions.
With immense love and hope,
Your Wife

Do you attend AlAnon?
If not I strongly encourage you to visit a meeting.
They can teach you how to emotionally detach from your husband.

J
J
Well I am in plan B, very sad & very disappointed. We told the kids together Monday nite with a church deacon as support. D is filed, he should be served today.
Guess not. It might at a later date, but I know he's brain is still in the addict mode.
... What he has said is only the addict talking, it is not my fault. I didn't cause it, I can't control it, & I can't cure it.
...let go & let God

I keep repeating these over & over. I am also praying for my H. My attorney said I needed the anger, nope, been there done that & have #30 less pounds to show for it. The prayers for him keep the anger at bay

I think it is good to pray for him.
When you wrote that he was stoned that is sad because he has an addiction that destroys.
The best way to help him is to allow him to face the natural consequences of his actions.

B
B
...let go & let God

I know it hurts, but you did the right thing.

Did he move out? Do you have an IM? How are the kids?

What do you have planned for yourself this weekend?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

W
workit Offline OP
OP Offline
W
[quote=HDW]
Do you attend AlAnon?
They can teach you how to emotionally detach from your husband. [/

Yes, have since the day he entered treatment 16 mos. ago.
Haven't been lately, though I have talked to sponsor. But attribute the little bit of sanity I have left to AlAnon principles.
Knew you, HDW, would ask me this. I've followed your story. How did you get thru the feelings of inadequacy? That's my challenge today, (warning!! Pity party coming up) feeling like he never loved me, or wouldn't he be on his knees right now?? I now get this is the challenge of Plan B, not knowing what is going on with the other person.

And to answer BH, yes he moved out, I have an IM, and H is following my addendum pretty much to the T, which has oddly hurt more than him trying to break Plan B. make sense ??

DS13
DD10

D-Day 4-5-11
NC 4-5-11
D-Day #2 July 13
NC July 14
Relapse sept 2012
W
workit Offline OP
OP Offline
W
[quote=

Did he move out? Do you have an IM? How are the kids?

What do you have planned for yourself this weekend? [/quote]

Kids were not ok the first night , both cried themselves to sleep , but seemingly ok , I envy their ability to compartmentalize this stuff, sound familiar.???

As far as self care... Hmmm, I did buy an early bday present for myself, new bed linens. This weekend kids busy with a play they are in, looking forward to just being a mom this weekend. I'm in event biz, and rarely have free weekends. Just being home on a weekend is a treat for me.

DS13
DD10

D-Day 4-5-11
NC 4-5-11
D-Day #2 July 13
NC July 14
Relapse sept 2012
W
workit Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I'm second guessing/ regretting the wording of my plan B letter, as well as the conditions, I feel like I may not have made it clear that I still had hope for a life together. The filing for D seems so counter indicative of being willing to reconcile.

Just having a bad day, could use some encouragement or maybe direction .

DS13
DD10

D-Day 4-5-11
NC 4-5-11
D-Day #2 July 13
NC July 14
Relapse sept 2012
K
K
Just remember that you can stop a D at any time. We even have an MBer who remarried her WH after the D, which was apparently what it took for him to GET IT.

Just keep to the plan. These people know what they're doing!

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
W
workit Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks karma rose...stick to the plan, stick to the plan, stick to the plan

DS13
DD10

D-Day 4-5-11
NC 4-5-11
D-Day #2 July 13
NC July 14
Relapse sept 2012
J
J
[quote=HDW]
Do you attend AlAnon?
They can teach you how to emotionally detach from your husband. [/

Yes, have since the day he entered treatment 16 mos. ago.
Haven't been lately, though I have talked to sponsor. But attribute the little bit of sanity I have left to AlAnon principles.
Knew you, HDW, would ask me this. I've followed your story. How did you get thru the feelings of inadequacy? That's my challenge today, (warning!! Pity party coming up) feeling like he never loved me, or wouldn't he be on his knees right now?? I now get this is the challenge of Plan B, not knowing what is going on with the other person.

And to answer BH, yes he moved out, I have an IM, and H is following my addendum pretty much to the T, which has oddly hurt more than him trying to break Plan B. make sense ??

What really helped me daily is reading One Day At A Time In AlAnon book.
Every day i read the devotion.
They encourage you to go 2 times a week. I haven't been able to as I now have full custody.
But I can tell you I think much clearer and don't need to attend meetings (I know I'm breaking an AlAnon rule by saying that; because AlAnon teaches it is a lifelong program)
As much as I Did before.

I truly believe God placed AlAnon and MB in my path to help me at this time.

I got through feelings of inadequacy by telling myself (saying out loud sometimes) I cannot control her actions. I can only control my own.

AlAnon is kind of like MB. Some thrive in the program. Others live in absolute misery.
But when you are married to an alcoholic your thinking becomes clouded and insane.
Once you step away, you can smell FRESH air!

I was married 10 years and became accustomed to bizarre behavior. I'm still learning (and may always be learning) to not be codependent on others for validation and focus on my own healthy thinking and living.

W
workit Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I too, believe both AlAnon & MB were a gift from God. I know time will help, but holy bat wings this hurts, almost as much as initial betrayal.
The first time I walked into the room, the slogan "This too shall pass" w in my direct line of sight, my amazing mom used to say that all the time, she had just passed 5 mos. previous to that. It is one of my favorites.

DS13
DD10

D-Day 4-5-11
NC 4-5-11
D-Day #2 July 13
NC July 14
Relapse sept 2012
J
J
That's why you NEED to go to meetings.

B
B
I too, believe both AlAnon & MB were a gift from God. I know time will help, but holy bat wings this hurts, almost as much as initial betrayal.
The first time I walked into the room, the slogan "This too shall pass" w in my direct line of sight, my amazing mom used to say that all the time, she had just passed 5 mos. previous to that. It is one of my favorites.
There will be tough days, but you're going to make it.

You will be a success. Either a MB personal successful recovery or a MB recovered marriage.

We are here for you.

Enjoy those birthday linens and HappyBirthday (early)

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation