Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 26 1 2 24 25 26
N
NB28 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
thank you BH

I'm always lurking just don't tend post much but I'm always here reading, I think for some reason I'm hidden on the who's online board.

How have you been?

BW 36(Me)
WS 38
Married: 2000
DD1November 22 2008 - DD2 October 2014
PA Duration September 08 - November 08
Second discovery- 6 online affairs 4 sexual one emotional. October 2014.kids: DS 17, DS 14, DS 12, DS 10 . Baby after divorce DS 18months

Divorced

Was misled into thinking we were in recovery for 6 years.

If you were shocked reading any of this, that this is the consequence of not following MB to the LETTER.

K
K
Do you tend to get on at high-traffic times? It could be that, since I can usually see my name in the "who's online" list.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just refreshed and can't see my name on it.

Last edited by karmasrose; 11/29/12 08:18 PM.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
B
B
Originally Posted by NB28
thank you BH

I'm always lurking just don't tend post much but I'm always here reading, I think for some reason I'm hidden on the who's online board.

How have you been?
I'm well, thanks for asking.

Actually I saw you on the "who's online" and was wondering how you were and I was going to find your recovery post and ask you. No I'm not a stalker. laugh

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

N
NB28 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Karma I still haven't figured out the time difference thing as I am in the UK and there are so many time zones across America so no idea when it's high traffic time on MB.

I have it on my iPad, I phone, work laptop and home PC.

Some threads are just so heartbreaking you feel so compelled to follow them and keep hoping affairs are busted and marriages saved.

What I find encouraging is that I am not triggered at all by reading Mb. I find it very comforting to keep on reading the advice over and over again to ensure I stay on the right path.

BH

Tanks you so much for caring, it's comforting to see that there are MBers here that have seen the last 4 years of my marriage and understand the journey,

BW 36(Me)
WS 38
Second discovery- 6 online affairs 4 sexual one emotional. October 2014.kids: DS 17, DS 14, DS 12, DS 10 . Baby after divorce DS 18months

Divorced

If you were shocked reading any of this, that this is the consequence of not following MB to the LETTER.

L
L
Originally Posted by NB28
Wow

Just revisited my MB journey and I am mortified. I have gotten used to the term bs fog but I feel like I was in a new kind of mad hatter style bs fog at the start of this journey.
Good for you and you FWH NB28!
I read through your stitch and I laughed. Not at you, with you. My story had a different ending but the insanity sounds too familiar. Hopefully a newbie will heed your advice and follow MB principals. I know my marriage wouldn't have survived anyways but I would have plan "B" a lot sooner. hurray for you both!

BS (me)46
XWH 46
DS19,DS,17,DD16,DD10
DD#1 12/2006
(confessed to affair in 2004)
DD#2 fall 2008- WH denial, he moves out for 6 weeks
DD#3 11/2010 new AP he doesn't deny or confirm. claims marriage was over
WH files for D 1/2011
WH moves in with OW 8/2011
WH engaged 1/2012
D final 4/2012
WH married 8/2012
N
NB28 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
LGL

It's very strange reading how bad things were after you go through recovery and educate yourself on the MB method.

I was reading it going "no no no that's not how it's done, snap out of it" as if I was reading someone else's thread.

There is so so much I would have done differently because the pain of an affair is bad enough but false recovery brings its own heap of new pain and when you drag that on for 3 more years its serious agony. I don't want anyone to go through that.

BW 36(Me)
WS 38

Divorced

K
K
We could definitely use you around more often. You wouldn't believe how many reluctant BS's there have been lately, I've lost count. Some have wised up, and some haven't, but...

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
N
NB28 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Karma I'm really here ever day and I have posted to a few BS s like Brokenmama and Moleosam and will carry on posting where I can.

DH also posted to a WH a few months ago.

So we are here and we will carry on learning and growing .

BW 36(Me)
WS 38

Divorced

J
J
Congratulations on your recovery journey! Would you mind sharing what worked in terms of getting your once reluctant WS onboard with MB? Mine's gone completely but I'm sure there are people who could benefit smile

Me, BS: 35
WxH: 36 "HAM" Hearts a mess
6yo DS (with WxH), 9 and 12yo DDs from first marriage
Discovered DH's affair in June, 2011
"I'm not having an affair, you're crazy." major gaslighting
Served with divorce papers on 2/3/12
Divorce final 7/29/2013
Living day by day, counting my blessings, loving my children
Personal Recovery well underway!
T
T
I'm also interested in how your WH finally made it to this forum. My WW is so reluctant, she won't even read post as a guest.

Congratulations and good luck with continued success. BS like myself need to see and hear stories of success, it keeps hope alive.

Me (BH): 42
Her (WS): 39
Married 19 yrs
DD: 16, DD: 11, DD: 7
D-Day: 7-5-2011, Caught searching 10-15-2012
N
NB28 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Jenifer I do follow your thread and I'm sorry your going through this,

The most important thing I learned is that I can't make my husband do anything, I can only control how I behave and what I do. You can see from my thread the numerous manipulations I tried to pull and they were all unsuccessful.

The MB plan takes care of that because it helps the BS concentrate on their own actions and ignore Wayward babble and alien like conduct an example of that is the way plan A or plan B is set up.

Many BS often complain that they have to do all the work at the start and however much I resented this notion because I was stuck on some romantic novel version where the WS cries and begs for forgiveness once they are busted, we all know this is not reality and you can't really let a drunk drive the marital recovery. I consider the faithful spouse to be the only one who is anywhere near sane enough to lead recovery and they got to do it by leading by example, therefore plan A, avoid LBs and most importantly expose.

I would advice any new BS to be brave, have faith in Mb and listen to the advice given here. No one in this forum wants to cause harm, they all donate their time and share their heartbreaking experiences in order to save marriages.

BW 36(Me)
WS 38

Divorced

N
NB28 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Texas
My DH was the one who found the Mb forum while he was searching for ways to help me cope with him working with the OW one year after DDay.

He thought "here is a place I can send her to get her off my back and to get her to stop complaining"

Lucky for me he hadn't actually read much about MB when he handed over the link to the site because the Wayward in him lived to regret that very much.

Once I started reading the site I started posting immediately and eventually made it a condition of recovery that he posts on MB.

Throughout this process I heard many posters called quacks, how they don't understand him and watched him lie over and over again but made sure he understood that the only way I would recover the M would be if he adhered to MB approved conditions and posting on MB was a must even when he tried to get me to drop it because according to him MB was triggering me (humm nothing to do with his behaviour or working with the OW).

My Conviction in the Mb methods was what won him over, I got the books and read them with or without him, I wrote down and adhered to my own Eps, I carried on listening to the MB radio when he walked into a room and stuck by any comments made to him by posters that upset him because I was on the MB method side and this meant I was sticking with concepts and people who wanted to save my marriage and had experience in doing that.

My DH is not a very confident person so although he does partake in reading the Mb forum he only posted once to help a WS because he felt strongly about what that person was doing and wanted to help his BS.

He eventually got onboard with full recovery because he saw that I was loosing any love I had left for him. After 3 years of false recoveries and broken EPs I was drained but never had the courage to go into plan B instead just withdrew from him completely (this hurt me a great deal and I would never recommend anyone do this and believe fully in the reasons and logic of plan B). DH realised he was loosing me and saw how hard i had worked to address the martial issues and got onboard with recovery wholeheartedly this time.

We did it the hard way and although we are happy and our marriage is recovering we both regret the time it took to get there because we both suffered unnecessarily in the process.

BW 36(Me)
WS 38

Divorced

T
T
NB28,
How long did it take your WH to post on this forum? I'm asking my WW to post, but i don't want to pressure her.

Thanks for the positive post.

Me (BH): 42
Her (WS): 39
Married 19 yrs
DD: 16, DD: 11, DD: 7
D-Day: 7-5-2011, Caught searching 10-15-2012
N
NB28 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
If I remember correctly he took about a week to post but remember we were 1 year on from DDay and his affair was over although he was still working with the OW.

By the time we stumbled on MB we were in a desperate state and we both wanted things to change.

Why is your wife reluctant to post?

Have you made MB recovery part of your requirements?

BW 36(Me)
WS 38

Divorced

G
G
NB28,
Sorry, I've only been over to the UK for one layover in the past couple of years, & never caught up with your DH for that pint I'd offered once. Just wanted to say I haven't forgotten. Glad to see you guys hanging in there.

Me: FWH, 50
My BW: Trust_Will_Come, 52, tall, beautiful & heart of gold
DD23, DS19
EA-then-PA Oct'08-Jan'09
Broke it off & confessed to BW (after OW's H found out) Jan.7 2009
Married 25 years & counting.
Grateful for forgiveness. Working to be a better husband.
"I wear the chain I forged in life... I made it link by link, and yard by yard" ~Jacob Marley's ghost, A Christmas Carol
"Do it again & you're out on your [bum]." ~My BW, Jan.7 2009
N
NB28 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Glove oil
I'm sure he would love that as you were one of the few people who he really paid attention when you posted to him in his early foggy days.

H says he's buying that pint lol

BW 36(Me)
WS 38

Divorced

Page 26 of 26 1 2 24 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation