Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
B
LW, why not try calling the company to confirm the email addy. When I exposed I called the company before sending the email to see if the BH was in the office. I even spoke to the BH but didn't get into the exposure on the phone. I did tell him I was sending him an email and wanted to make sure he was in the office to receive it.

Depending on the company, the operator may verify the email. Say something like "I am sending an email to Jane Smith. Can you please verify her email as jsmith@ABC.com? Is Ms. Smith in today?" If they won't verify the email, then you may want to speak to her. If they verify the email, you can decide whether or not you want to speak to her. The BH in my case worked in a very small office so it was easy for the operator to tell me he was in the office.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
B
B
Also I would keep the emails from OM. You don't have to read them but if the BW contacts you, I'd keep them so you can forward them to her. It will show her that he is in contact and depending on the content...trying to save his butt.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
I
I
Liz, who in your life knows about this? Parents, siblings, friends?

I would recommend you bite the bullet and tell them also. You will really need help with this.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

A
A
LW,

Are you done with this site?

Now that you exposed the affair to the man's wife, are you back in contact with him?

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
O
O
It's possible that Liz is hopelessly immersed in the ****storm she unleashed by exposing her affair to BW. If so, she's probably second-guessing the advice she received (even though her conscience led her in the first place) and regretting ever opening this thread.

Hopefully, Liz, BW and WH will ALL come back here to get support and guidance in cleaning up the mess.

Q
Q
Originally Posted by LizWhitney
I know he lied to me this weekend, for example. It was his anniversary and I have no doubt he was doing something with his wife. Not coincidentally, he was unavailble to talk...had lots of water tight excuses. It hurts. And I feel like I don't even deserve to comfort myself because I'm not his wife.
Yes. Cheaters lie and cheat.

My soon-to-be-ex-wife and I spent our anniversary together a few weeks ago. As far as I can tell, she told her affair partner that we didn't have an enjoyable time together, or spend very much time together. (We spent the entire day together until she had to go to work.)

As far as I can tell, she has also led him to believe we had no physical (much less sexual) relationship over the past two months, which is also not true.

Now that I think about it, she lies/has lied to him much more than she ever lied to me.

I've read a lot about Exposure on this board. Should I just cut him off and allow him to repair his marriage? I suspect he will continue to lie to his wife about where he was during those three weeks we were together. She will likely never know he had an affair although I assume she has felt some of the signs. Do I just "leave it alone" and try to move on myself? Should I tell this woman her husband has had a sexual affair? I realize that I feel very hurt and that it could feel like a relief, on some level, to let her know. Then again, I guess it is his place to tell her and I doubt he ever will.
I think you should tell his wife and tell his family and friends. You should, however, tell them you want to END this affair for good and you want to have nothing to do with any of them anymore, and tell them how sorry you are.

There are 3.5 billion men in the world and chances are one of them is right for you, and isn't married to someone else with kids.

BH (me), age 30. Plan D final 1/1/13
A
A
I think LW got what she wanted out of MB. She informed OMW about the affair and resumed contact with her affair partner - hoping that OMW would leave him and LW could have him. I doubt we will see her again.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
P
P
I got married and had three children. It was an unhappy marriage and ended in divorce two years ago.

I'm just now reading this thread. I suspect Liz has "moved on" as the saying goes.
But, I think there is something of value in the above quote.

Just look at the quick way Lis dismisses her marriage.

"It was an unhappy marriage." That's it. No explanation. No responsibility for her part in creating an unhappy marriage. No insight what-so-ever. No mention of how the divorce 2 short years ago impacted her THREE children. In fact, the remainder of Liz's post is all about her relationship with a married man.

It's as if the 3 children and her Ex-husband are phantoms in her consciousness. Nothing beyond background players. Liz is *the star* of her show, and everyone else is an "extra".

I am in a horrible painful bind.
Liz is very aware of how her choices hurt her. She is deliberate in avoiding any other person's feelings. Especially the feelings of the betrayed wife are missing from Liz's consciousness.

Let's look at how an OW views the BW. This is not an extraordinary example. It is typical.

I think about contacting his wife and telling her the truth. I feel like I'd want to know.

Liz feigns concern for the wife not knowing only because it is causing an inconvenience to the continuation of the affair. Things are not going the way Liz had hoped.

Because his wife does not know, I am not able to call him. He calls me. It is so difficult when I'm having a hard time to not be able to contact him.

Above is the real reason Liz thinks she may want to inform the wife about the affair. Not because the wife has the right to know, but it would allow Liz easier contact with OM without the wife being such an obstacle.

Other persons, during the selfishness of adultery, are not important. Including Liz's own children. OM's children. OM's wife.

The only thing that matters is that Liz feels entitled to spend more time with a married man than she is being allowed.

The complete lack of insight into herself is so clear when we get an OW participating on these forums.

This is WHY, dear MBers, that one cannot expect to TALK SENSE into a foggy wayward. They are impervious to logic and decency .... at least for awhile.

I have witnessed OW who do recover themselves after being so OM-focused. Not always, but it is possible.

Then, Liz writes:

I've asked him to be honest with her. He is scared of hurting her and feels that she will eventually want a divorce on her own terms, and therefore hurting her isn't necessary.

Liz has never considered the possibility that OM is also lying to her. This too is typical.
Liz has never considered that OM is scared to end the affair for fear Liz will get angry at the rejection, and blow up his family.
Liz has never (at least not yet) come to the realization that the TRUTH is this, Liz is a side-dish for OM. He has no intention of divorcing his wife.

Liz is lost.
She has failed as a wife.
Failing as a mother. And worst of all, failing to be a decent human being.

Liz is pitiful. Liz is a cautionary tale. Poor Liz.

A
A
Pep,

I asked Liz about her first marriage. She said it broke up because of religious and cultural differences. Her husband is already remarried.

I do think she was hoping her AP's wife would dump him. My take is that Liz really didn't intend to end the affair and go no contact with this man.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
H
H
Originally Posted by Pepperband
I got married and had three children. It was an unhappy marriage and ended in divorce two years ago.

I'm just now reading this thread. I suspect Liz has "moved on" as the saying goes.
But, I think there is something of value in the above quote.

Just look at the quick way Lis dismisses her marriage.

"It was an unhappy marriage." That's it. No explanation. No responsibility for her part in creating an unhappy marriage. No insight what-so-ever. No mention of how the divorce 2 short years ago impacted her THREE children. In fact, the remainder of Liz's post is all about her relationship with a married man.

It's as if the 3 children and her Ex-husband are phantoms in her consciousness. Nothing beyond background players. Liz is *the star* of her show, and everyone else is an "extra".

I am in a horrible painful bind.
Liz is very aware of how her choices hurt her. She is deliberate in avoiding any other person's feelings. Especially the feelings of the betrayed wife are missing from Liz's consciousness.

Let's look at how an OW views the BW. This is not an extraordinary example. It is typical.

I think about contacting his wife and telling her the truth. I feel like I'd want to know.

Liz feigns concern for the wife not knowing only because it is causing an inconvenience to the continuation of the affair. Things are not going the way Liz had hoped.

Because his wife does not know, I am not able to call him. He calls me. It is so difficult when I'm having a hard time to not be able to contact him.

Above is the real reason Liz thinks she may want to inform the wife about the affair. Not because the wife has the right to know, but it would allow Liz easier contact with OM without the wife being such an obstacle.

Other persons, during the selfishness of adultery, are not important. Including Liz's own children. OM's children. OM's wife.

The only thing that matters is that Liz feels entitled to spend more time with a married man than she is being allowed.

The complete lack of insight into herself is so clear when we get an OW participating on these forums.

This is WHY, dear MBers, that one cannot expect to TALK SENSE into a foggy wayward. They are impervious to logic and decency .... at least for awhile.

I have witnessed OW who do recover themselves after being so OM-focused. Not always, but it is possible.

Then, Liz writes:

I've asked him to be honest with her. He is scared of hurting her and feels that she will eventually want a divorce on her own terms, and therefore hurting her isn't necessary.

Liz has never considered the possibility that OM is also lying to her. This too is typical.
Liz has never considered that OM is scared to end the affair for fear Liz will get angry at the rejection, and blow up his family.
Liz has never (at least not yet) come to the realization that the TRUTH is this, Liz is a side-dish for OM. He has no intention of divorcing his wife.

Liz is lost.
She has failed as a wife.
Failing as a mother. And worst of all, failing to be a decent human being.

Liz is pitiful. Liz is a cautionary tale. Poor Liz.

Pep, this a useful insight into an AP's mind and confirmation that a wayward mind is immune to decency, a conscience and logic ... a mind that can't be reasoned with.

Thanks for the post

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Married: 22yrs 8mths
DS 9yrs;DD 19yrs;DS 21yrs
Bomb drop:marriage not working don't know if ILY 12.11.11
DD:26.11.11
WH moves to OW house 28.11.11
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12
D:20.7.14

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
C
C
Originally Posted by OldWarHorse
It's possible that Liz is hopelessly immersed in the ****storm she unleashed by exposing her affair to BW. If so, she's probably second-guessing the advice she received (even though her conscience led her in the first place) and regretting ever opening this thread.

Hopefully, Liz, BW and WH will ALL come back here to get support and guidance in cleaning up the mess.

This is another example of a scorned OW who is mad at MM because she finally realized that MM is lying to her as well as his W. She was mad because MM spent his anniversary with his W (self entitlement) and came to this site for ammunition to get him in trouble with his W. MM has called her back and told her she is his soul mate, the best love of his life, blah, blah, blah and now the A is back on again and she is continuing to delude herself that this man is leaving his W. I will bet the farm that she didn't even send an email to his W's work and if she did it was just an attempt to put a nail in MM's coffin (marriage). It was selfish of her to come to a M rebuilding website and pretend to want help only to continue in her selfishness to attempt to break up a M. The very fact that she said she allowed the A to happen because MM told her he wasn't happy shows her lack of M vows and self respect for herself, her children and M. Yet another attempt to steal another woman's H. What a shame.

M
M
She is pulling out the big guns now ... EXPOSURE ... she is willing to destroy it all for her ill gotten gains.

The sad reality is in the end ... he will never have her because she will be fully and completely responsible for assulting his son (only child) with their adultery.

She actually screwed herself ... her cruelty and shear lack of empathy has reared its ugly head. Mr. OM can now see this ... she isn't too his standards anymore ... now she is simply yesterday's garbage. At least he still has a marriage to save ... Ms. Liz nuke bombed her marriage years ago.

H
H
Originally Posted by happyfuture66
Pep, this a useful insight into an AP's mind and confirmation that a wayward mind is immune to decency, a conscience and logic ... a mind that can't be reasoned with.

Thanks for the post

... immune to decence, conscience, and logic...

Dr. Harley has compared affairs to addictions.

Addiction has a little thing called "The Four C's of Addiction."

They are as follows (with quotes edited to reflect adultery):

1) Loss of Control over use

�Every time I try to limit my contact to only once a week, I end up calling every day.�

�I try to limit myself to one call per day but once I start, I can�t seem to stop until we end up in bed together.�

2) Continued use despite knowledge of harmful Consequences

�I know my affair destroyed my marriage and family, but I can�t stop seeing her.�

�I have to stop my affair because my life is out of control, but my affair partner is the only option for me.�

3) Compulsion to use

�All I do is think about how I am going to score.�

�No matter what I do, I can�t get my affair partner out of my mind and I feel I have to see him and see him a lot. Once I want to see him, it is like I am on autopilot and I just have to call. I�ll do anything to be with him.�

4) Craving

�It�s like a physical drive or urge to be with her. I want it from the pit of my stomach; I get sweaty just thinking about it. At times, these urges come out of nowhere, or I get them when I meet my using buddies (left in because it FITS), pass the corner where my affair partner works or am feeling down.�

For the most part, those quotes edited for adultery have appeared from waywards on this board, or as quoted from their betrayed spouse.

To be coarse, we are all love addicts... we are all wired for affairs. In that is the brilliance of where this program draws that line between addictions, marriage, and adultery.

I grew up around 12-steppers. One thing that is common with recovering addicts is a phenomenon known as transferrence; addiction itself doesn't go away, the energy and obsession involved simply becomes focused on something else. Coffee. Cigarrettes. The Big Book. The Program.

Growing up around The Program, there was a lot of bustle; dances, river floats, campouts, daytrips. Meetings, of course.

People who wished to be free of their substance threw themselves into these things.

What if... what if they focused that kind of attention on their marriages? What if they gave their spouse that kind of time and attention?

Well, those questions are answered right here, aren't they?

If we are all addicted to having our emotional needs met, why not do it in the healthiest way possible?

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
D
D
Thought I bump this for the newly betrayed. Affairs are like addictions.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 963 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation