Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Courageous, expose the affair at the workplace and you will stop getting these silly threats. Did you read the exposure thread on how to expose an affair?

MelodyLane, thanks so much for your wonderful support. It is finished. This morning I exposed to affair to the workplace. See my post just prior to this one for the details.

He's going to be pretty upset and probably want to sit down and fill out divorce papers. I'm going to tell him that it's probably best to wait until he cools off for about a week so that way he has a clear head. What do you think?

I have an appointment with an attorney next Wednesday to get help with filing for legal separation. I want to have that coincide with Plan B. Since my business is on the home property I was going to ask him to leave, but I bet he won't. I guess I'll try it first to see how it works and if it doesn't then I'll leave, but it may take me a bit to get my business set up and it's a very, very busy time for my business right now. I'm planning on moving in with my elderly father. Do you have any thoughts on timing plan B and separation? Should I see how the work exposure goes first before Plan B?

Me: BS
DH: WS

Married 20 years no children
DD: Nov 2012

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6
B
B
Originally Posted by Courageous
Originally Posted by Rocketqueen
Yor best way to pre-empt rumors is my exposure which is why we always recommend exposure. That way you get the truth out there before they get their lies out there.

Keep on your course and don't let her threats or rumors deter you. If her threats escalate, then YOU call the police and report it. I would also suggest slapping spyware on his phone so you know about any further contact.

((hugs)) to you, honey. Your story is so very much like mine. I'll try to help if I can.

~RQ

Well, it is done. I am just getting back to work after exposing the affair to their work. I went to human resources and requested to speak to WH supervisor (the county sheriff) and two of her supervisors as well as the HR director. It was great I had copies of e-mails, texts and phone records. I even did an analysis of how many phone calls per month. It was great!!!! I had a set of 4 copies, one for each of them. The stack was about an inch thick. I told them everything and even showed them the naked picture.

After the OW threatened me last night I was so on board with the work exposure. She better watch out she has woke a sleeping giant. I bet she thought she had me whipped. I also wrote up a letter to go with all the paperwork. It was one that was prepared by an attorney/board member of MB. It looked so official. She doesn't know who she's messing with. I hate to say it, but it felt pretty good. I told them I was doing it to save my marriage and the one supervisor had the gall to say that the marriage pretty much looks over. What a jerk!!!! Anyway, I'll prove him wrong, but I am prepared for the worst case scenario. I'm not ready to give up yet.

You mentioned spyware on his phone. I've been looking into that for an iPhone. The only one I can find requires the phone to be jail broken and I don't think I'll be able to accomplish that. Do you know of any program that doesn't require the phone to be jail broken?
Fantastic job courageous.

Did you see this?
iPhone Help

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

C
OP Offline
C
Yes, I would make it a priority to speak to their employers about them fraternizing and engaging in their affair while at work. Do they work in the same building?

I exposed this morning. I exposed according to MB quidelines I believe. They work in different buildings, but both buildings are on the same block.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6
M
M
Good job, Courageous!!!

Now prepare for them to go ballistic. Are you ready? Can you have a little recorder in your pocket to protect yourself.

So proud of you!! hug

NOW, when he explodes at you, don't get upset, don't fight, and don't allow him to bully you. you will be ok!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

I
I
Excellent work!

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

N
N
NOW, when he explodes at you, don't get upset, don't fight, and don't allow him to bully you. you will be ok!

Your only response is, "I did what I had to do to try to repair our marriage!" Repeat ad nauseum.

K
K
Quick tj, what is "ad nauseum"?

And another response to add to that, to reply to his angry bursts: "Would you like a potato chip?"

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
M
M
MelodyLane, thanks so much for your wonderful support. It is finished. This morning I exposed to affair to the workplace. See my post just prior to this one for the details.

He's going to be pretty upset and probably want to sit down and fill out divorce papers. I'm going to tell him that it's probably best to wait until he cools off for about a week so that way he has a clear head. What do you think?

Tell him that you will be giving him that divorce - on your terms - if he doesn't leave that job and end all contact with the OW. Let him know that you won't be filling out any divorce papers with him. It will all be done through your attorney.

If he refuses to leave that job and end contact, ask him to leave.

I have an appointment with an attorney next Wednesday to get help with filing for legal separation. I want to have that coincide with Plan B. Since my business is on the home property I was going to ask him to leave, but I bet he won't. I guess I'll try it first to see how it works and if it doesn't then I'll leave, but it may take me a bit to get my business set up and it's a very, very busy time for my business right now. I'm planning on moving in with my elderly father. Do you have any thoughts on timing plan B and separation? Should I see how the work exposure goes first before Plan B?

I would try and pressure him to leave first. By all means see an attorney next week and find out your rights. Tell the atty you need him to get your husband legally removed and ask him how he can do that. [most atty's are lazy and will just say they can't so you have to apply pressure = "I need to get him removed, how would you suggest I do that?"]

Then if he won't leave you might have to do the leaving. But it is good that you are exploring your options and getting a plan in place. I love a smart girl!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
[. She doesn't know who she's messing with.

Here is who she is messin with: grin

Exposure 101

N
N

Colloquially, "until you're (he's) sick of it".

E
E
What does " colloquially" mean??

Great job, Courageous, and a great name for you. Just act calm and serene. If he goes off spewing nonsense, don't engage and don't try to defend yourself. Just tell him that you are just "trying to save our marriage, Dear. Now what would you like for dinner?"

Last edited by Rocketqueen; 01/16/13 03:35 PM.
M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed

Colloquially, "until you're (he's) sick of it".

Can you people not speak TEXAS ENGLISH around here!?? sigh

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
Your story is so very much like mine. I'll try to help if I can.

You said my story is almost like yours. Even your dates are the same except a year earlier. Wow! How did you do your Plan B? It looks like you were in Plan B for about 5 weeks before you got the no contact pledge. Did you move back in then or did he move out. What was your situation like? I'm about ready to go into Plan B and need to find a way to let him know about how to write the no contact letter.

Did you file for divorce or legal separation at the time of Plan B?

Last edited by Courageous; 01/16/13 04:57 PM.

D
D
Not to shoot down your plan but your doing a good job. Did you Plan A at all? Plan B is recommended after Plan A unless your in danger of physical abuse by your WS.

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by TranquilDark
Not to shoot down your plan but your doing a good job. Did you Plan A at all? Plan B is recommended after Plan A unless your in danger of physical abuse by your WS.

Yes, I did Plan A for about 4-6 weeks.

C
OP Offline
C
My WH's boss just called and said he told my husband and my husband was very, very upset. He said he didn't know what the future of our marriage was and that he was upset that I chose the way I did by exposing the affair to his boss.

Did I do the wrong thing? I'm starting to freak out!!!

Last edited by Courageous; 01/16/13 05:47 PM.

N
N
????

Your WH's spouse is.......you!

Are you saying your WH's POSOW's BH called you?
All you need to have said was, "You're welcome!"

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
????

Your WH's spouse is.......you!

Are you saying your WH's POSOW's BH called you?
All you need to have said was, "You're welcome!"

I just edited my post you were referring to. Of course my husband denied there was any sex even though he e-mailed her a picture of himself naked plus other sexual type e-mails. In addition there were many, many phone calls each month. Even if there was not sex, it definitely was an emotional affair. I also got an STD, so what does that tell you. Also, my WH isn't going to admit to his boss that there was sex.

Last edited by Courageous; 01/16/13 05:49 PM.

C
C
Courageous...

This is EXACTLY what to expect at this stage....

Keep your head. This will pass.

Your response, "I am just trying to save or marriage, Honey (or whatever you use for him.) No anger, heat or threat in our voice.

Sending hugs to help you keep calm.....(((((( COURAGEOUS ))))))))

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
M
M
My WH's boss just called and said he told my husband and my husband was very, very upset. He said he didn't know what the future of our marriage was and that he was upset that I chose the way I did by exposing the affair to his boss.

The "future" of your marriage is none of his damn business. Its not like he knows anything about marriages.

That is great that your husband is very upset! laugh That was your goal. The more upset, the better you hit the target.

Exposure 101

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation