Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
C
C
Courageous:
this is exactly what I went through, unwittingly, for over 5 months. Everything at his work will be a reminder to him, and give him another hit of the crack pipe. Do not allow this to drag on. FR is so much more difficult to recover from!

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
[quote=Courageous]I've thought about sending the package certified mail. Would that still be considered contact, legally speaking? Maybe I'll contact my attorney.

Another thing to consider is that if the OW did seek legal action, it would be a great opportunity to bring your evidence to court and get it on record. It is not in her best interest to pursue legal action because she won't want her dirty laundry exposed in court.

She is just making idle threats to keep you from interfering with her affair with your husband. Do you want to interfere in his affair?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
J
Originally Posted by Courageous
I've thought about sending the package certified mail. Would that still be considered contact, legally speaking? Maybe I'll contact my attorney.

The night that I talked to my husband on 1/24/13 I started talking about the extraordinary precautions that have to be in place and also about the need for a no contact letter. When I talked to Steve he said that from my WH's point of view this is just a list of do's and dont's and he will perceive this as punishment. Steve has helped me with the correct wording when I talk to my WH so it won't seem like a list of demands. What do you think of Steve's plan so far? So far my WH hasn't responded so well to threats, but also I know that's what it might take. I'm so torn. I'm going to keep counseling with Steve and heed his advice. Your thoughts?

My fiance and I have had several counseling sessions with Steve, and it has worked wonders. Steve had an individual session with each of us, and then counseled both of us together for the remaining sessions (3-way phone calls). I think your best bet at saving this marriage is to get your husband to agree to phone counseling sessions with Steve. You might be saying the exact same thing as Steve, but if the words come from Steve instead of you, your H is likely to be much more receptive. If Steve can convince your H of the logic behind the MB approach to recovery, you could start seeing real progress fairly quickly.

C
OP Offline
C
Not getting the proper evidence to the OWH is a huge miss that only enables the affair. You don't need to consult an attorney to send him the evidence.

I would not let up until you finish this exposure. This exposure is the MOST IMPORTANT exposure of all. Your H is free to continue contact with OW as long as he doesn't know.

I totally agree with you that my WH is free to continue contact with OW as long as he doesn't know. I need to mail it to his work ASAP. Thanks for giving me courage. It's a risk I have to take. What's more important my career or my marriage anyway frown

Me: BS
DH: WS

Married 20 years no children
DD: Nov 2012

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by catwhit
Courageous:
this is exactly what I went through, unwittingly, for over 5 months. Everything at his work will be a reminder to him, and give him another hit of the crack pipe. Do not allow this to drag on. FR is so much more difficult to recover from!

Catwhit,

Are you still working on your marriage or did it end?

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6
C
OP Offline
C
Another thing to consider is that if the OW did seek legal action, it would be a great opportunity to bring your evidence to court and get it on record. It is not in her best interest to pursue legal action because she won't want her dirty laundry exposed in court.

She is just making idle threats to keep you from interfering with her affair with your husband. Do you want to interfere in his affair?

I agree. She doesn't want the dirty laundry exposed.

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by JessicaClaire
My fiance and I have had several counseling sessions with Steve, and it has worked wonders. Steve had an individual session with each of us, and then counseled both of us together for the remaining sessions (3-way phone calls). I think your best bet at saving this marriage is to get your husband to agree to phone counseling sessions with Steve. You might be saying the exact same thing as Steve, but if the words come from Steve instead of you, your H is likely to be much more receptive. If Steve can convince your H of the logic behind the MB approach to recovery, you could start seeing real progress fairly quickly.

JessicaClaire,

Thanks for the information about Steve Harley. I definitely was encouraged after talking to him. My hard part is getting my WH to talk to him. Steve had me suggest that he call Steve, but so far my WH hasn't taken the bait. I'll try again tonight.

Last edited by Courageous; 01/31/13 01:18 PM.

N
N
Courageous

I am so glad you are back and that your are still on board with MB.

There are several creative ways you can ensure that the OW BH gets the information package without risking any legal action like enlisting a friend to deliver it for you or getting her to send it recorded delivery for you.

The evidence you have (photos, emails etc) is very strong therefore IMO you don't have to deliver it yourself or talk to the BH and your edvidence will say it all proving you are not as crazy as the OW wants to make you out to be.

Best outcome of exposure is that the OW BH will get het to quit her job.

I was threatened with legal action by the OW uncle but he soon shut up when I pointed out all I did was tell the truth and you can't do anything legally to someone who is simply telling the facts of an event that has happened. I never heard from him again and I suspect you will not face any legal issues either as your not doing anything wrong.

BW 36(Me)
WS 38
Married: 2000
DD1November 22 2008 - DD2 October 2014
PA Duration September 08 - November 08
Second discovery- 6 online affairs 4 sexual one emotional. October 2014.kids: DS 17, DS 14, DS 12, DS 10 . Baby after divorce DS 18months

Divorced

Was misled into thinking we were in recovery for 6 years.

If you were shocked reading any of this, that this is the consequence of not following MB to the LETTER.

M
M
Not getting the proper evidence to the OWH is a huge miss that only enables the affair. You don't need to consult an attorney to send him the evidence.

I would not let up until you finish this exposure. This exposure is the MOST IMPORTANT exposure of all. Your H is free to continue contact with OW as long as he doesn't know.

I totally agree with you that my WH is free to continue contact with OW as long as he doesn't know. I need to mail it to his work ASAP. Thanks for giving me courage. It's a risk I have to take. What's more important my career or my marriage anyway frown

Good girl! You have a distinct advantage, so don't allow skanky to intimidate you.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
C
Courageous:

Catwhit,

Still working, Courageous. WH finally dropped the Dolly... after had 2nd D-Day. They worked together, but had sworn to "business only" contact, after first D-Day. Then, my WH lied to my face daily for 5 months. This was an awful discovery for me. Healing will take much longer than if I had done nuclear exposure at D-Day 1, and insisted on immediate job transfer for WH.

Last edited by catwhit; 01/31/13 01:46 PM. Reason: Correction

C
OP Offline
C
Courageous:

Still working, Courageous. WH finally dropped the Dolly... after had 2nd D-Day. They worked together, but had sworn to "business only" contact, after first D-Day. Then, my WH lied to my face daily for 5 months. This was an awful discovery for me. Healing will take much longer than if I had done nuclear exposure at D-Day 1, and insisted on immediate job transfer for WH.

Catwhit,

This gives me hope! Thanks Catwhit!

Did he change jobs?

Last edited by Courageous; 01/31/13 01:53 PM.

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by NB28
There are several creative ways you can ensure that the OW BH gets the information package without risking any legal action like enlisting a friend to deliver it for you or getting her to send it recorded delivery for you.

The evidence you have (photos, emails etc) is very strong therefore IMO you don't have to deliver it yourself or talk to the BH and your edvidence will say it all proving you are not as crazy as the OW wants to make you out to be.

I have a friend who is willing to deliver the package to his work for me, but I'm thinking of mailing the package certified as opposed to having a friend deliver it since the last time I went to his work he obviously was there, but they told me he had already left for the day. His work is obviously on the lookout for anyone delivering a package. Also his work is in a town about an hour away from here and it's the type of business that they don't get alot of people stopping by so anyone dropping in could alert them.

I'm trying to figure out how to address the package. Should I address the package in his name with "C/O" his works name or should I not even put his name on the address? Of course there would have to be his name on the inside. I'm thinking of using a return address of my friend's address that is unknown to my WH.

C
C
This gives me hope! Thanks Catwhit!

Did he change jobs?

Yes. He wanted to move from that job any way, so it wasn't difficult to convince him. And I had an ally in his new boss, to whom I exposed the A ( not hard for me because my WH had worked for him before.) But, it still took 5 months to effect the transfer, which kept getting dragged out.

Taffy (my WH) says now it was his intention to keep it "just business" after D-Day 1, until he could get transferred. His resolve lasted the week while we were still on vacation. First day he got back to work, his resistance crumbled. Convinced the Dolly the NC letter was me pressuring him.

Then, after we actually moved out of the country, 3000 miles away, he was initially relieved as he could put it all behind him and go NC with her, as he had been telling me. That lasted one day. Then he was right back to texting her, begging her to run away with him.

When I finally discovered it all (found the special account emails and texts, etc.), he was really relieved to finally have some accountability to end it and go through withdrawal. I did learn to be MUCH better at verifying, though...

So yes, there is hope. But be extra diligent about following the steps. The vets will not steer you wrong. Don't over think it. Just do whatever they tell you. Wish I had wised up earlier...

C
OP Offline
C
So yes, there is hope. But be extra diligent about following the steps. The vets will not steer you wrong. Don't over think it. Just do whatever they tell you. Wish I had wised up earlier...

Thanks for the advice on not over thinking things which I have indeed been doing. I need to just do it and trust the vets.

My only problem with his changing jobs is that most days he really loves his job. frown

Thanks again for your encouragement. You have no idea how much it helps. This is so darn difficult. At least I'll be stronger when it's over.

Last edited by Courageous; 01/31/13 02:27 PM.

C
OP Offline
C
I think at his job only his two immediate supervisors know. I'm thinking about exposing to some co-workers. Several of his co-workers are my clients. Any thoughts?

And, of course, I'll be mailing that package to the other BS in my fourth attempt.

Last edited by Courageous; 01/31/13 02:30 PM.

M
M
My only problem with his changing jobs is that most days he really loves his job. frown

That is only a problem if he won't leave the job. If he won't leave, that means he puts his career before your marriage and makes recovery impossible. He will have to find a job that complements his marriage if he wants to stay married.

Exposure 101

M
M
[I'm trying to figure out how to address the package. Should I address the package in his name with "C/O" his works name or should I not even put his name on the address? Of course there would have to be his name on the inside. I'm thinking of using a return address of my friend's address that is unknown to my WH.

What if you sent it certified/registered with just the company name and then inside put an envelope with the evidence with his name written across it with "personal and confidential."

Also on the workplace exposure, does someone higher up than their supervisors know about the affair? What about human resources?

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
That is only a problem if he won't leave the job. If he won't leave, that means he puts his career before your marriage and makes recovery impossible. He will have to find a job that complements his marriage if he wants to stay married.

I totally agree, he has to quit his job otherwise he is putting his career before our marriage. I guess deep down I'm afraid he'll pick his career instead of me. If that's the case he's not worth keeping anyway. It just makes me really sad. frown

C
OP Offline
C
What if you sent it certified/registered with just the company name and then inside put an envelope with the evidence with his name written across it with "personal and confidential."

Also on the workplace exposure, does someone higher up than their supervisors know about the affair? What about human resources?

I love your advice on how to address the package. I hadn't thought of that option. Thanks!

Yes, human resources knows. I went to them directly and had them get his immediate supervisor and her two immediate supervisors. I just wish more of his co-workers knew so he was more disgraced and embarrassed that a new job would be more appealing to get away from the embarrassment.

C
C
I totally agree, he has to quit his job otherwise he is putting his career before our marriage. I guess deep down I'm afraid he'll pick his career instead of me. If that's the case he's not worth keeping anyway. It just makes me really sad. frown

If he won't dump the job, it means he is not committed to the marriage. Better to find out sooner, if that's the case.

One thought: If he itemizes what he really loves about his job, it can help him focus on finding the next one....which could be even better....

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation