Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 102 of 107 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 106 107
B
B
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
I've been told that Dr Harley recommends waiting 2 years.

I think that has changed and was addressed in a dating thread not to long ago. I believe Markos posted about it.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by black_raven
Originally Posted by GJM
My question is, how do you know when it's ok to date again? Is there a timeline for healing?

My first meetup/date was three weeks after my D was final and it was GREAT!!! Not looking for "The One" but is was nice to get out and have male companionship again. Don't over think it.

Thanks BR,

My awareness has heightened since being here. It has made me more aware of what to stay away from.

Me: BH 36
Her: WW 34
Kids: D 14, S 12, S 9
DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
Filed for D 10/2011-Papers Served 11/2011
Divorce final May 24, 2012
My Story

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I forgot to mention that OMW contacted me a few weeks ago. For some reason she was sensing things weren't right with her H. She still had questions about my WxW and I tried to be polite and answer some of them. She was asking me about locations of WxW, but I explained that I didn't talk to her and didn't know anything. About the same time, my DS 12, told me that he had WxW phone playing a game and POSOM called while he was playing.

I let the OMW know what my DS told me, but came to regret it because the daughter of OMW called me angry and said to stay out of their relationship and that I was creating more problems for them. She said that if OMW wanted to stay with POSOM knowing how he is, it's their problem, not mine. OMW told me that she was to move to be with POSOM within a couple of days of contacting me. She said she wanted to be sure that WxW and POSOM weren't still in contact before she made her final decision.

After the daughter of OMW called me, I stopped responding to texts and phone calls from OMW. I didn't want to get dragged into the mess that still exists between the three of them (WxW, POSOM, OMW). I couldn't believe after being chased by OMW, my WxW is still in contact with POSOM. I've learned so much from this site that the word "wayward" has a new meaning. When I think of it, I picture crazy people because that's what they are. You have to be crazy to chase someone that cannot offer you any future. I don't pay it any more thought. I almost forgot about it til now.

I don't know if OMW ever moved back in with POSOM, but it was a big deal because he's in a different state. He was transfered this past summer.

That being said, I'm doing great. I'm only associating with positive, good people and preparing to buy a house on my own. Hopefully I'll have it this summer.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

J
J
Thats great.
Its good to cut out drama and toxic people.
I just cut out my ex wifes drunk mother and its one more step towards serenity

S
S
You really have no need to speak to OMW anymore. I'm glad to see that you have decided to remove yourself from the drama. A little closer to Plan B. wink

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I was caught off guard today. WxW told me that she misses me and has been thinking a lot about me. She said she knows she should have tried harder in our marriage. I didn't say anything. I was in shock. She said she thinks about me when she wakes up and before she goes to sleep.

I'm at a loss for words. My heart started racing. I am not going to react because I don't know what to make of it. I am scared to even think about going down that path.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

B
B
Originally Posted by GJM
I was caught off guard today. WxW told me that she misses me and has been thinking a lot about me. She said she knows she should have tried harder in our marriage. I didn't say anything. I was in shock. She said she thinks about me when she wakes up and before she goes to sleep.

I'm at a loss for words. My heart started racing. I am not going to react because I don't know what to make of it. I am scared to even think about going down that path.
Is she still with OM?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
S
Oh good grief.

Wayward speak for, "I am not getting my ENs met, and I wanna know if there's an option with you."

Not a total surprise, though.

More importantly is how do you want to react? Do you want to react? Would you ever envision dating your ExW? Does she fit into your idea of a suitable future spouse? What would that even look like?

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
Originally Posted by GJM
e

I agree you should be careful there! She has long history of being poor wife material with her serial cheating and demonstrably poor job of meeting your needs. If it were to work, she would have to make significant personal changes.

Be careful, friend!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
R
Bless her.....she has some sense of loss over it all.

Thank heaven.

If she ever tells you she wants to reconcile come here for input and direction.
Meanwhile, take her statements as fishing for cake eating.

You probably are pretty cute and she is remembering the things she kind of liked about you.

D
D
Did you plan B her after divorce? I would be iffy.

N
N
GJM, for good or ill, regardless of what does or not happen between you and xWW, you now KNOW how powerful was your "terminal" Plan A, as (then) WW frittered away her last best chance to live a happy life.

Seems like Dr. H and the MB Plan has yet another endorsement from real life!

V
V
Originally Posted by TranquilDark
Did you plan B her after divorce? I would be iffy.
Oh, for the love of God, let's not go there again on this thread. I got in enough trouble the first time around.

G, be careful friend. I know you still love her and she's the mother of your children, but let's not forget what she put you through.

You deserve better than this.

On the flip side, it is your life.

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

J
J
I wonder how I will respond daily,when or if my ex wife says the same to me.
I just tell myself to "think and act logically"
You do the same

J
J
Did you ever give her conditions of recovery? I have prepared, to steel myself and keep logic at the forefront, a list of behaviors and actions I would need to see from my WH to even entertain a conversation. If she is idly expressing missing you, but with no honest remorse/regret/RESPONSIBILITY for all the harm she caused (not just to you but to your kids...splitting your whole family up), I'd say offer her a potato chip.

You've been through such a journey of transformation, I'm sure she admires the strength you've shown, but is she actually capable of being there for you and your kids?

Me, BS: 35
WxH: 36 "HAM" Hearts a mess
6yo DS (with WxH), 9 and 12yo DDs from first marriage
Discovered DH's affair in June, 2011
"I'm not having an affair, you're crazy." major gaslighting
Served with divorce papers on 2/3/12
Divorce final 7/29/2013
Living day by day, counting my blessings, loving my children
Personal Recovery well underway!
J
J
Of course any human would have moments that they feel some regret for hurting someone else they used to care about.
I think another poster might be right she may be feeling a little down because her needs aren't being met and you were such a willing person at one time.

That's all it probably is, she made her bed and fought you tooth and nail for it.
You are in a better man emotionally and stronger for it now..
You know what it takes to have a marriage survive and for two people to be happy.
Don't forget what you have learned.

I like that you didn't respond to her statement.
Just leave it at that.

I would ask you if you see the changes in her that would fill the requirements for you to be happy......
If not stay clear......

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
J
J
GJM,
You are getting a lot of good feedback here. JenniferVoyager makes a lot of sense here regarding having your conditions in place should things develop further from here.

When I read your post about her saying she missed you and thought of you in the morning and evening, and how your heart raced, it reminded me of when my WW came back into the picture. I'm sure that you are experiencing the full spectrum of emotions right now. You have moved on, and this probably dredges up the pain of the ordeal that you thought was behind you. Sorry, man!

I don't think what your ExWW said demands a response or action right now, but it is certainly noteworthy.

I never thought my WW would return, and she didn't until after our divorce was final. Like you, I was stunned. And I did not trust her. But I had conditions in place anyway. Having them ready, and having an ex wife willing to accept them enthusiastically, facilitated a successful recovery.

Only God knows where this goes from here. But as they say, success happens when preparation meets opportunity.

Whatever you do, be cautious.

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Originally Posted by GJM

Is she still with OM?

She hasn't been with him physically since at least July, but they called each other on a regular basis. WxW told me that she stopped answering his calls a month ago and that he still tries to call her.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by Scotland
Oh good grief.

Wayward speak for, "I am not getting my ENs met, and I wanna know if there's an option with you."

Not a total surprise, though.

More importantly is how do you want to react? Do you want to react? Would you ever envision dating your ExW? Does she fit into your idea of a suitable future spouse? What would that even look like?

I don't have those answers. I wouldn't jump into it though. I would have to take it slow and watch her actions.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by GJM
e

I agree you should be careful there! She has long history of being poor wife material with her serial cheating and demonstrably poor job of meeting your needs. If it were to work, she would have to make significant personal changes.

Be careful, friend!

I will...I'm a lot more educated thanks to you and everyone else that has helped me here. I've read the books and I know what I don't want and I have a better idea on what to look for.

Last edited by GJM; 02/04/13 12:14 PM.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

Page 102 of 107 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 106 107

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 405 guests, and 98 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation