Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 36 37
V
V
Originally Posted by Floridaguy
WOW, just WOW.. Talk number 2 was nothing like I expected. She actually wanted to talk about US and was opening up to me. We actually sat close together for once and talked about meeting each others needs and what we would want IF we were to talk about reconciling.

She said she has always felt neglected and if I had only showed her this side earlier things might be different. WW is still set on leaving Friday but seemed open to "dating". Not sure if she is just trying to trick me or these are her true feelings. I am very surprised with the way our entire conversation focused on not just our past but future.

I plan to go nuclear exposure on OM's FB in the next hour. Gonna hit everyone on his friends list. This one will actually feel good!

I never thought talking to the kids today could actually help, but now I know that I MANED UP and told the truth and did what was best for my family. I will never EVER regret anything that I told those boys today. Thank you all for your great words of wisdom. Now, I will Plan A until my love bank is either empty or her's fills enough to work on things. I think today was a good step in the right direction. Now I have some NUKING to do!
Okay, this is really good. What kind of template are you using for this POSOM's FB exposure? Do you need help there?

Okay, here's some help whether you need it or not. Don't want to assume you have seen these.

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2558474#Post2558474

Remember to space your sends about a minute or so apart. You don't want to get shut down for spamming.

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

F
OP Offline
F
Thanks, I will use that exact template and be sure to space 1-2 mins apart. He has 264 FB friends so this also may take a while. I found POSOM on LinkedIN. He works at a small company and their website lists the entire email directory of his coworkers. About 30-50 in total. Should I light up his work also??

ME: BS, 37
WW: 37
DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Nuclear Expose:2/18/13
Currently in Plan A
M
M
Should I light up his work also??

Tempting though that may be, it's not recommended to expose at work if the affair is not in the workplace. I suspect his workplace will get wind of it anyway, because of the FB exposure.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

S
S
She may be planning on leaving on Friday, but you made her aware that the children will be staying in THEIR home, correct?

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
...but the children stay with you!!! They have school, they have friends, and they have lives, that are not subject to WW's little fit of pique.

FG, how did THIS part of today's discussion go?

This is NOT a small item, friend. I would suggest that RIGHT NOW, TODAY, this is more important to resolve than exposing to the lower half of POSOM's FB account.

T
T
Well, we had the talk with the boys and I did and said everything as suggested. She was stunned and tried to stop me from talking mid way through. I calmly told her I wanted to finish speaking to the boys. And I finally said everything.

The boys were visibly upset and my wife kept telling them that it was not true. Now they keep asking why mommy wants to leave. I tell them to ask mommy and that daddy wants her to stay with us as a family.

She took me outside and asked what do I not understand, and that she does not love me anymore. Why would I want to be with someone that does not love me? I have to admit that it is a good question, but I replied that I made a commitment and vow to her, that I would love her and be by her side in good times and bad. She replies that it is over and we will never be together again. To just move on and be a good husband to someone else.

I was prepared for her wrath. It almost feels like a second exposure talk all over again. I keep telling her that I am trying to fight for our family and set a good example for our boys of how a MAN and Husband act when things get tough. She does not want to hear anything and just tells me that we are done. She said she feels like a punching bag and does not know what I will do or say next. I am always calm and say that I just want US to work together to save our family.

She is putting the kids to bed right now so I expect round #2 in a few minutes. God help me.

12 hours late, but better late then never, great job.

And, when WW say's it's over ask her would not the best case scenario be for your kids to be raised in their one home with both of their parents married and in love with each other. With work that can happen again.

T
T
Thanks, I will use that exact template and be sure to space 1-2 mins apart. He has 264 FB friends so this also may take a while. I found POSOM on LinkedIN. He works at a small company and their website lists the entire email directory of his coworkers. About 30-50 in total. Should I light up his work also??

I would do it. Leave the OM no place to hide.

F
OP Offline
F
OK, Operation OM FB Nuke was completed last night. I also sent an email to him at work, with the company email directory attached, letting him know that the next text or call that he makes to WW this is the next list to learn of his philandering ways.

He just sent me a text to "grow the **** up, You don't scare me at all. I will stop talking to her. But you are not the reason. Now get off my di**."

As of this moment there has been no contact from OM to WW. I did receive a few FB Messages back from some of his friends but I am ignoring them. They were just really asking who I was. Nothing more.

I wanted to address Scotland, NG and TheRoad and keeping the kids at home. I am torn with the thought of breaking this deal. I have already agreed to the 1 week on and 1 week off sharing. Nothing in writing but verbally. How would I go about this? I have money for a lawyer but was hoping to keep them out of this.

If I change now her entire family will turn against me, and the boys need to see their mother. Everything up to now seems easy compared with the task that you are asking me to do. I'm just not sure i can do it.

Even if I wanted, how can I stop her from taking the boys? Could this backfire and be conceived as a major love-buster?

Last edited by Floridaguy; 02/28/13 09:09 AM.

DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Currently in Plan A
J
J
Please allow me to step in here on custody and love busting.
Marriage is a contract and custody law is a form of contract law.
Love busting if she interprets it that way but it is not listed as one of the top Love busters by Dr Harley

J
J
Oh and after getting that text I would expose to everyone in his company Yoda before he tells everyone that you are a crazy guy making false allegations against him

J
J
Do NOT allow her to take the children from
The marital home.
Do not leave your home. Agreements concerning custody are not done verbally.
If she is attempting to remove the children you should consult an attorney immediately

J
J
Have you exposed to your kids?

P
P
If I change now her entire family will turn against me, and the boys need to see their mother. Everything up to now seems easy compared with the task that you are asking me to do. I'm just not sure i can do it.

Even if I wanted, how can I stop her from taking the boys? Could this backfire and be conceived as a major love-buster?

Letting her walk out the door with the kids will be a bigger love buster. This will come back to haunt you Floridaguy...that you rolled over and just let her continue on with her plans to break up the family.

You are afraid her family will be upset with you? Time for a FIL/SIL chat about the meaning of vows, family, and being a MAN. Can you meet him for a coffee this morning?

You have done so well don't go soft now.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

F
OP Offline
F
How do I stop her? I just sent my attorney an email that I was beginning to have second thoughts about her taking the kids Friday and what can I do to stop her. She is usually good at getting right back to me.

Yes, kids have been exposed. Not sure they get what is going on. My oldest was very upset this AM and said he did not want to go to grandparent's house.

Pepper! Where are you?! Need your input in this too!

DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Currently in Plan A
P
P
Also, new friend and neighbor who is also married was asking my WW if she wanted to go to the same club that weekend and hopefully OM would be there. WHAT a B****!

While you are on a roll, you also need to let the husband of skank neighbor know that your wives are catting around for men in nightclubs.

Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

P
P
Originally Posted by Pepperband
A woman wants her man to fight for her.

This was Pep's last post.

Try to stay calm Floridaguy. Deep breaths.

Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

F
OP Offline
F
From my lawyer

"Because there is nothing filed, there isn't anything that can be done immediately. Because you are still married and there is no timesharing order, you both have eqaul rights to the children and can take them at any time."

DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Currently in Plan A
F
OP Offline
F
Me to Lawyer - So she can just take the kids? Isn't that kidnapping?

Lawyer to me:

yes. And you can as well. It is not kidnapping because you both have equal custody rights. The only way to get any rules in place is to file for dissolution

DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Currently in Plan A
S
S
I think you need to have a talk witrh your in-laws and get them to agree to cut off her escape route so that you can work on your marriage. Explain that you want your marriage to recover and you don't think it is a good idea for ww to go and live with them

Then you can work on plan A while filing for divorce.

Me: BS - 55
Her: ex W - 50
Together 25 years Married 1990
DD 10/16/2012
DS 24&20
DD - 17
Currently in Plan B
Divorce Papers Filed 11/29/2012
Final Divorce hearing June 2013

J
J
Florida I was in the same boat last year.
I filed for divorce to protect my kids.

You may want to email Dr Harley and ask him about this.
I she is moving into her parents house you may not want to file for divorce.

I suggest you email him today for advice.
He will respond if you send the email ASAP

Page 4 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 159 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation