Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
W
W
Put it this way. You CAN expose to too few people. You CANNOT expose to too many. Thats why it's called nuclear exposure. I wish I had done it completely the first time. Trickle exposure, like trickle truth, doesn't work very well.

Me - BH 49 years old
Her - WW 43 years old
Married 20 years
D Day Jan 7, 2013
3 kids - DS19, DS17, DS12
H
H
Like Gary Oldman screams in the movie The Professional:

"EVERYONE!"

K
kinglui Offline OP
OP Offline
K
My list is at 38 people for family and friends, 16 of which I will have to do through FB private messages. Is that getting to a good size? I also have to send to the OP's friends through FB private messages, around 45 if I include the previous affairs.

BTW, my WW has around 300 "friends" on FB.

Last edited by kinglui; 03/06/13 01:03 PM.

Me: BH
Married: 2000
Children: 2 (2006, 2009)
WW (3 occurrences, 2004, 2012, 2013, discovered Jan 2013)
Exposure: 3/08/2013
B
B
I exposed to everyone on myWHs FB list who I recognized. Probably 50.

Me BW: 30
WH: 33
K
kinglui Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I was thinking it might be a good idea to attach evidence to the exposure messages that I will be sending to the OM's friends.

Regarding our family and friends, I was thinking it might be better to just offer the evidence, as the exposure letter states.

Feedback?

Last edited by kinglui; 03/06/13 08:00 PM.

V
V
Originally Posted by kinglui
I was thinking it might be a good idea to attach evidence to the exposure messages that I will be sending to the OM's friends.

Regarding our family and friends, I was thinking it might be better to just offer the evidence, as the exposure letter states.

Feedback?
My feedback would be to send this out now in accordance to what you've already been instructed to do thus far. This has already been covered, and it's even covered in your bomb letters. If people need evidence, they will ask for it and you can then provide it.

You are WAY too over analyzing this. Just drop the bomb, sit back and wait for the explosion.

Just get to work.

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

M
M

Feedback?

I thought you already received feedback on these very questions 2 months ago?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

V
V
Glad to see you're okay Mel. Was actually getting worried about you.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

M
M
Originally Posted by Viper
Glad to see you're okay Mel. Was actually getting worried about you.

Thanks Viper. smile I won't be here as much as I was in the past, though. I am hoping others - who are familiar with Marriage Builders - take a more active role.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Kinglui you need to get the exposure done. You're over thinking it. Do it, get it over with, and all your concerns about it will go away because you have gotten through with it. It will paralyze you if you don't do it now.

BH Me 34
WW 29
DS 7, DD 5
Multiple EAs 2006-2011
PA 1 OM1 2/2012; D-Day1 3/14/2012; NC 4/1/2012; broke NC 05/2012
PA 2 ONS OW1 7/11/12
PA 3 OM2 1/06/2013; D-Day2 1/14/2013
Divorcing 1/22 Plan A 1/23
Worthless attempt at Trickle Exposure
Multiple PAs OW2,3,&4 since 1/27/2013
WW moved out 3/5/2013
Temp Custody of DS and DD 3/21/13
WW moved back D-Day 3 9/1/13
NC/FR 9/3/13
WW moved out 9/17/13
K
kinglui Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Guys, the ball is rolling. I have been working my butt off (letters/translating/collecting contacts/etc). I sent out postal letters today. I am talking to my parents this evening. I will be sending out emails and FB PM's tomorrow. Yup, nuclear explosion tomorrow... stand clear!

Kids will be in school. I plan to pick up my 7 yr old daughter early to talk to her about it.

I have read Exposure 101 again, and The Carrot and Stick of Plan A again, and I plan to re-read them probably several times. I need to stay strong and do what is in those posts.

PLEASE HELP WITH THE FOLLOWING:

I am certain my WS will ask me to whom I exposed. Do I just give her the list of our family and friends (not the OM's f&f)? I read the following in Exposure 101 under common mistakes:

"Keeping exposure a secret. Yes, you read right. But we have had exposure targets say �ok, I will keep this a secret!!� And they never tell the WS they know. That defeats the entire purpose. If that person won�t help you by speaking to your WS, at least TELL the WS that person knows."

Last edited by kinglui; 03/07/13 05:38 PM.

K
K
No, don't help her figure it out. Let them help her figure it out. If you let her know in advance she'll have a chance to spin things.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
K
kinglui Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I did not mean in advance. I meant after the bomb and she realizes I told a bunch of people, she is gonna ask me who. The Exposure 101 thread is saying I should tell her. Maybe it is better if I just try to memorize the list and tell her verbally? That way she won't be sure if there is more. Or just give her my list of her F&F?

Last edited by kinglui; 03/07/13 06:16 PM.

V
V
I did not mean in advance. I meant after the bomb and she realizes I told a bunch of people, she is gonna ask me who. The Exposure 101 thread is saying I should tell her. Maybe it is better if I just try to memorize the list and tell her verbally? That way she won't be sure if there is more. Or just give her my list of her F&F?
I don't recall that. In fact, I clearly recall the exact opposite.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

K
kinglui Offline OP
OP Offline
K
"COMMON EXPOSURE MISTAKES"

"Keeping exposure a secret. Yes, you read right. But we have had exposure targets say �ok, I will keep this a secret!!� And they never tell the WS they know. That defeats the entire purpose. If that person won�t help you by speaking to your WS, at least TELL the WS that person knows."

It's in the Exposure 101 sticky about 1/4 of the way down: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2566583&page=1

V
V
This is what I found. I think you may have misinterpreted this a little.

Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Common Exposure Mistakes

Telling the WS that you got the idea to expose on the internet rather than taking ownership of your actions. Then the discussion becomes �who???� When the WS is told it was Marriage Builders, the WS is forever jaundiced against Marriage Builders, which harms future recovery chances. You need to OWN IT. Saying somebody told you to do it does not work for 5 year olds and it won�t work for you!

Keeping exposure a secret. Yes, you read right. But we have had exposure targets say �ok, I will keep this a secret!!� And they never tell the WS they know. That defeats the entire purpose. If that person won�t help you by speaking to your WS, at least TELL the WS that person knows.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

K
kinglui Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I'm sorry, maybe my brain is back-firing, but I need help interpreting.

So that means that if a F/F comes back to me and says they will keep it a secret, then tell my WS about that person?

But if my WS demands to know who I told (after the bomb), then don't tell her? If so, then what's the best response to that demand?

Should I care if some F/F decide to not let on that they know, but don't tell me they are doing that?

Last edited by kinglui; 03/07/13 06:48 PM.

V
V
I'm sorry, maybe my brain is back-firing, but I need help interpreting.

So that means that if a F/F comes back to me and says they will keep it a secret, then tell my WS about that person?

But if my wife demands to know who I told (after the bomb), then don't tell her? If so, then what's the best thing to say to counter that demand?
You've got it and you don't need to tell her anything other than she'll find out soon enough.

Should I care if some F&F decide to not let on that they know, but don't tell me they are doing that?
You can't control what other people do. Just take mental notes of the enablers so you can steer clear of them in the future. You don't need friends like that.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

M
M
King, leave her guessing for about a week to give your targets the time to surpse her. If she demands, just tell her you "told lots of people and you should be hearing from them soon enough!" Anyone she has not heard from in a week, go ahead and tell her. But you don't want to ruin the surprise.

Good job on exposing!! hurray

Exposure 101

K
kinglui Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Guys, I have also taken some precautions:
1. Pepper spray for both my work and home.
2. Forwarded household mail.
3. Reduced cash in joint bank account just to handle regular bills.

I guess I am posting this to confirm these measures are good, and whether anything else is urgent and/or strongly recommended. Should I cancel joint credit card, or wait on that? It has a very high limit.

Or am I thinking too much again?

Last edited by kinglui; 03/07/13 07:27 PM.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 708 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation