Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 37 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 36 37
L
L
Of course if you were so inclined to respond......"sorry that I am unable to care for WW's dog anymore since her dog and the alligators in the mote surrounding the house do not get along".

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
W
W
At this point it's no longer your problem. If they drop the dog off and tie it to a tree, call animal control and tell them someone dropped a strange dog off in your yard and your afraid to approach it. They'll come get it...

Me - BH 49 years old
Her - WW 43 years old
Married 20 years
D Day Jan 7, 2013
3 kids - DS19, DS17, DS12
P
P
If dog gets tied to a tree on your property .... WW has washed her hands of dog's fate. It's now your sole decision what to do.
And, whatever decision you make, you just make it. Silently. No discussion. No explanation. The dog is gone.

If WW asks about dog's fate.....
"The dog has been taken care of." And say nothing else.

P
P
Originally Posted by Logans_Run
Of course if you were so inclined to respond......"sorry that I am unable to care for WW's dog anymore since her dog and the alligators in the mote surrounding the house do not get along".

rotflmao

F
OP Offline
F
If they return the dog. Why not just send dog right back?

WW is forcing me to be the bad guy and make the decision to send her dog to the shelter. I will not make that decision.

ME: BS, 37
WW: 37
DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Nuclear Expose:2/18/13
Currently in Plan A
V
V
Contacting a rescue or euthanizing an older animal would be much kinder.

I'm sure there is a crazy senior animal lady in your area. I'm always open to taking a senior because they're easier.

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
F
OP Offline
F
I invited WW to go out Friday night and she has not responded.

What about a "Let's talk about it Friday night?" response to try to defuse the issue?

We need to try to get back to the marriage and off the dog.

DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Currently in Plan A
It took my FWW 9mo's after dday to fall out of love with POSOM, fall back in love with me and finally wake up and commit to R. Mix in a healthy dose of a prior 9mo A, FR after dday and whalla! .... you have a full-on emotional [censored] sandwich full of heartbreak.

It took me a long time to get to the point of having NO expectations of her. There is no way of predicting how this situation is going to shake out. It is encouraging that she is still communicating with you and wanting to spend some time together.

After my dday, she swore to NC and to be honest with me. right....didn't happen. The A went deeper underground. I strongly suspect the A is still going strong with you WW.

You are moving 100MPH right now. I encourage you to take a deep breath..slow down... You have to maneuver with your HEAD not your heart right now.

Moral of the story? Anything can happen. Be prepared for the best and/or the worse.

G
G
FG,
You are presently enjoying the process of learning the art of following MB principles. Learning to not use angry outbursts, disrespectful judgements, and selfish demands
even in the face of your wife 'negotiating' with you thru these said means. Its the very hardest thing to do under the present circumstances or I like to say "up against the axis of evil."

She and IL are demanding you pick up the dog. Even before she selfishly demanded you keep the dog. At any rate it helps to 'check' your own motives before you react by asking yourself if you are using AO, DJ or SD to straighten wife/IL out or are you using thoughtful requests to ask for what you need?

The thing is if you are habitually reacting to her AO, SD, DJ w/your own use of the same...this will be 'the war of the roses.'

If you can center yourself, follow the instruments outlined in SA, you'll know you have done your best. If your WW activities cause you to be concerned your own love bank will run dry, you will need to move to plan B. Too me, mutt drop needed to wait to you are actually in a dark plan B. This way you would not have had to worry about a response.

I'd suggest calling the coaching center and talk w/Steve H.

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

"Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one...It will not be broken, it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable...The only place outside of Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from dangers and perturbations of love is Hell" c.s. lewis
P
P
Originally Posted by Floridaguy
We need to try to get back to the marriage and off the dog.

AMEN

What about a "Let's talk about it Friday night?" response to try to defuse the issue?

You can offer to go with her and hold her hand if she decides to take her dog to the shelter because she cannot take care of it.

Just saying.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

P
P
I invited WW to go out Friday night and she has not responded.

Because she's too busy fighting with her parents.

Relax.
Make other plans.
If she responds in the positive, it will be a big surprise.

You invite her once. You wait for her response. If necessary, you make other plans.

The lighthouse shines.

P
P

D
D
Your getting good advice here. I would find no-kill shelters in your area in case they drop the dog off. Send the dog there and don't beat a dead horse. Pep is right she is fighting her parents on this one and thats what you want. I hate to say it but the stick is to make her "arrangements" uncomfortable and you succeded in that. Good on you to invite her to the Friday night date as well. Don't worry about her response make an alternate plan if she fails to go. Stop analyzing waywards, they make about as much sense as a monkey f'n a football. Trust me from experience. My WW told me once it would be easy to fix the marriage. I said lets do it then and she said it would be emotionally difficult. Zing!

G
G
Not sure if I can comment on someones thread when I have never posted before so I do apologize. I have been reading this forum for three years now and can say that I have saved my 25 year marriage from following advise "silently".

Your wife packed up all her belongings, your children, and moved out. She left behind some personal property that you were so kind to deliver and leave for her. Dogs are personal property, so you didn't leave an animal on their porch, you left her property. If she returns the dog, tied to a tree, you call the police, and make a report of abandonment. Then you contact a no kill shelter, or see if you can find a loving home. That would be proof down the road so she can not say you gave away her dog with out her permission in case she tries to spin the situation. She may try something like that because of the kids, that she could not take the dog right now, and you were just caring for it.
I am sure if they did call authorities they were told they couldnt do anything. smile

G
G
Originally Posted by Pepperband
I am smile feeling pretty amused by this entire dog discussion.
Anyone with adult children knows all about having someone move out to experience the thrill of 'freedom', while leaving stuff behind to be looked after. The adult children are outraged when the parent does not care for their stuff (crap) tenderly.

rotflmao

I sooo appreciated this post! Its so true. this last time our adult kid moved out she claimed she only left 2 small boxes in the closet. I checked it out and found a whole lot more. I packed it up very nicely and carefully to show my respect.

Guess what? She called me on my anniversary holiday w/husband and went on and on about how I mistreated her by packing up everything. To her fuzzy logic I never loved her like I do her brother.

Totally indifferent to interrupting our anniversary or respecting our privacy.

F
OP Offline
F
MIL just emailed again. "When are you picking up [dog]�

WW just texted I breed to come pick up the dog because it is not her house.

Not responding!! Dad and I camped in fr
ont room on watch for sneak attack!!

DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Currently in Plan A
V
V
MIL just emailed again. "When are you picking up [dog]�

WW just texted I breed to come pick up the dog because it is not her house.

Not responding!! Dad and I camped in fr
ont room on watch for sneak attack!!
This is starting to sound a little like the Hatfield and McCoy feud over a pig!

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

M
M
Originally Posted by girlonfire
Not sure if I can comment on someones thread when I have never posted before so I do apologize. I have been reading this forum for three years now and can say that I have saved my 25 year marriage from following advise "silently".

Girlonfire...

Please share your story on SAA, the Recovery forum or other topics forum. I'm sure there are hundreds of persons who follow along, get advice, apply the advice and save their marriages. It would be really nice to hear a "lurker" success story.

Call the thread...Lurker Success Stories (or whatever you want to call it...it's your thread) and maybe other lurkers will join in. I was a lurker too. I only starting posting AFTER my wife signed up and posted.

I've had a theory that lurking works but posting is much more effective. Do you wish you had actually starting posting at the outset? Did you suffer setbacks that advice directly related to your situation might have prevented??? Granted the board wasn't as good 3 years ago when there was still a war with a group of posters purposefully undermining this board and using it as their personal chat/message/opinion board. Since you've been reading along for 3 years, do you agree it's a much better forum now???

Mr. W

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
H
H
This is awesome everybody. Need more canned responses. Like when we had the talk with the kids. Or after exposure talk. I can rinse and repeat. Great stuff. Thanks!

At work, so I don't have search time... but let me try something...

*Raises Mlinker, hamnmer of the Librarian Goddess*

REVERSE FOG BABBLE!!!!!!

(Please wait 2-4 hours for this spell to take effect)

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Page 21 of 37 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (SadNewYorker), 98 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation