Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
M
Originally Posted by BrokenHeartFool
ML,

Thanks. I didn't grasp his definition of independent behavior. No, I am not in the habit of making decisions of that that harm WW.

I didn't think you were. Whereas, I am the QUEEN of Independent behavior, so I get it! grin

You did great on the radio today! smile I hope your wife will contact Dr Harley.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
OP Offline
B
WW agreed today to accept Dr. Harley's invitation. She said she would work on the 3 questionnaires he requested this evening. I wouldn't say she is enthusiastic about doing this, but I'm taking her agreement to do it as a small step!

B
OP Offline
B
Does anyone know where to find the Sue Betty Crocker post/thread?? I read it quite some time ago and have been looking for it again with no success.

V
V
Originally Posted by BrokenHeartFool
Does anyone know where to find the Sue Betty Crocker post/thread?? I read it quite some time ago and have been looking for it again with no success.
Here you go.

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/u...in=159293&Number=2332844#Post2332844

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Viper #2715164 03/25/13 02:06 PM
B
OP Offline
B
WW submitted her letter of resignation to her employer (where affair(s) began) the end of February. She asked for a copy of her personnel file in the resignation letter. Legally in our state the employee does not have to be provided access to their personnel file. The resignation was supposed to be effective upon presentation of the letter. Employer asked that she stay on for 3-4 more weeks to train staff. I agreed to two weeks so she could get a decent reference from them IF they agreed to give her a copy of the personnel file that she asked for. Here we are March 25th; still working at the same place and no personnel file... I'm getting run right over the top of.

B
OP Offline
B
A little over a week ago, I asked WW if she had followed up on her request for the personnel file and reminded her of our agreement. She went off and told me she was meeting with her boss the next day and would request it. That meeting was supposedly postponed or another employee was present.

We went out an evening or two later with a couple who are our friends. The four of us went into a local restaurant/bar together. OM1's brother was in the bar without his wife but sticking real close to another woman. The situation really got to me. A male acquaintance of mine sat down next to my wife in a booth while I was outside. When I came back in I told WW that would have been a good opportunity to show me that she had boundaries in place and that she should have told him it wasn't appropriate for him to be sitting there with her alone. I got up again and when I came back, WW was gone.

I asked our friends (who came with us) where she went and they did not know. I tried to call and text her, but got no answer either way. I started coming undone. Our firends found another ride home and I continued looking for WW. Didn't find her so I went home. She wasn't there either. About an hour or so later our friend texted me that WW had called her and she went and picked her up. WW said she left the bar and was walking home. Our home is about 9 miles from bar.

When WW arrived home with our friend, I told her she would not pull something like that and expect to come back home. I wanted the rest of the night to "calm down". I locked the house and she ended up going to stay at our friends house. I was extremely upset and said several things that I shouldn't have.

B
OP Offline
B
We discussed what happened over the next couple days. She said she walked home bc she was mad and didn't want to cause a scene in front of everyone. I do believe that she was walking home and didn't leave with someone. The last time something of the same sort happened (when I couldn't reach her and she disappeared) was when she was in an affair.

If you read earlier in my thread, you will see that I was on the radio show with Dr. Harley and Joyce a couple weeks ago. Dr. Harley offered his personal invitation to my wife to have her complete the 3 main questionairres and send them to him; he would review and speak to her personally. My wife faxed the completed questionairres to the Harley's on the 15th, but we have not heard from them at all.

I asked WW to wait on applying for another job (per my discussion with Dr. Harley) until after she has a chance to visit with Dr. Harley. That did not mean, and I made it clear, that she was to continue at the current place of employment. I also told WW that once she is ready to get on board with MB and do counseling with one of the Harleys, I would like to have her do the polygraph (she had agreed to one before, but then refused). She told me "I think a polygraph is ridiculous, but if I have to do one, so do you!" I have no problem with doing a polygraph. Her response to me about it set off a major red flag... Am I still just being paranoid??

B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
OP Offline
B
Yes. That was my call.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 431 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation